ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note "Depot New Registrations Temporarily Suspended" Please see discussions for how to register.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ADA MP-1 Arrived! But has issues -  (Read 562 times)

DannyjoeCarter

• Dannyjoe Carter
ADA MP-1 Arrived! But has issues -
« on: Time Format »

Well Folks my MP-1 arrived tonight and and sounds amazing, great tone and better than what I remembered!

BUT.......... :facepalm:

Power it up and after displaying ADA version 2.00 it starts at C 1-110 then flashes ERR 1 - ERR 2 - ERR 3 then goes to patch 1 and nothing is saved!  :-[

What can I do Guys? I need advice and help  :-[

Dannyjoe
« Last Edit: Time Format by DannyjoeCarter »
Owner of DeJayce Guitars
www.dejayce-guitars.com
www.youtube.com/dannyjoecarter
www.Faceb**k.com/dannyjoe.carter

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
Re: ADA MP-1 Arrived! But has issues -
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Hey DJC, Sounds like dead memory battery.  It probably has the original battery which are all pretty much dead these days.  Easy fix see attached pdf.  The battery holders are pretty easy to find and take a CR2032 button battery (3v lithium), just need to make sure the solder pins of the holder line up with the PCB.  There's also quite a few posts about it, search for battery mod.  The mouser part number is 534-104 for the battery clip or MJMP can sell you one (that I know will fit correctly). 

And you also may need a v2.01 EPROM. MJMP has these.  Although IIRC (MJMP correct me here if I'm wrong) the difference between v2.00 (which you have) and v2.01 was additional factory presets and v2.00 added the midi-sysex dump/save load preset capabilities. 

Hey that's fantastic that it sounds good  :whoohoo!: :thumb-up: .  All MP-1s need a new memory battery these days, the original battery lasted about 18 years, way past what ADA recommended in the manual.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

DannyjoeCarter

• Dannyjoe Carter
« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

Hey DJC, Sounds like dead memory battery.  It probably has the original battery which are all pretty much dead these days.  Easy fix see attached pdf.  The battery holders are pretty easy to find and take a CR2032 button battery (3v lithium), just need to make sure the solder pins of the holder line up with the PCB.  There's also quite a few posts about it, search for battery mod.  The mouser part number is 534-104 for the battery clip or MJMP can sell you one (that I know will fit correctly). 

And you also may need a v2.01 EPROM. MJMP has these.  Although IIRC (MJMP correct me here if I'm wrong) the difference between v2.00 (which you have) and v2.01 was additional factory presets and v2.00 added the midi-sysex dump/save load preset capabilities. 

Hey that's fantastic that it sounds good  :whoohoo!: :thumb-up: .  All MP-1s need a new memory battery these days, the original battery lasted about 18 years, way past what ADA recommended in the manual.

Hey thank you R! I found these and ordered them -https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08SQJJJNK?psc=1&smid=A2UIWYS7E6PLOL&ref_=chk_typ_imgToDp less than 8bucks for 12 of them!
 You know this is all coming back to me now! I remember when I purchased 11 of these back between 2016-2017 and most of them had to have new batteries so I'm good with this.
 And this unit SOUNDS FANTASTIC!!!!  :banana: :banana-skipping-rope-smiley-e :headbanger:

And going into to return of the JVMs it's strange; this is not a plug for the JVMs but the gain structure and preamp section of the JVMs is VERY close to MP-1 - but I'm just really diggin' having an MP-1 again! :banana:

Clips coming soon!  :whoohoo!:
Owner of DeJayce Guitars
www.dejayce-guitars.com

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

Hey DJC (And this unit SOUNDS FANTASTIC!!!!) that's great news.  Looking forward to hearing it in action. 
I seem to remember (correct if I'm wrong) the JVMs were designed to incorporate the tones of all the previous Marshall models? 

DannyjoeCarter

• Dannyjoe Carter
« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

Hey DJC (And this unit SOUNDS FANTASTIC!!!!) that's great news.  Looking forward to hearing it in action. 
I seem to remember (correct if I'm wrong) the JVMs were designed to incorporate the tones of all the previous Marshall models? 

Yes Sir R - the JVM is pretty much a history of Marshall in one amp - it's a monster!  :thumb-up:

And full update on my MP-1 - PERFECT CONDITION!!  :banana: put in a new battery clip and popped in a new 2032 lithium cell and ROCK AND ROLL!  :headbanger:

I'm putting up my demo video right now!  ;D

Owner of DeJayce Guitars
www.dejayce-guitars.com

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

Hey DJC, well that makes my day  :whoohoo!: , I'm so happy for you :thumb-up: :wave: .  Wayne's world, party time, excellent (showing my age here  O:-) ). 

Maybe give that program I attached for you a try?  Easier MP-1 programming and lets you save it off to your PC (just in case).  You just need a midi interface to your PC to use it (from MP-1 midi in (to tweak the MP-1) and out to store/save programs)).

DannyjoeCarter

• Dannyjoe Carter
« Reply #6 on: Time Format »

Hey DJC, well that makes my day  :whoohoo!: , I'm so happy for you :thumb-up: :wave: .  Wayne's world, party time, excellent (showing my age here  O:-) ). 

Maybe give that program I attached for you a try?  Easier MP-1 programming and lets you save it off to your PC (just in case).  You just need a midi interface to your PC to use it (from MP-1 midi in (to tweak the MP-1) and out to store/save programs)).

OH wow I didn't realize you could do that!! OK I'm going to look into this now - new Rabbit hole LOL!
Owner of DeJayce Guitars
www.dejayce-guitars.com

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #7 on: Time Format »

Oh yeah Danny,

I would have thought you had already gotten around to plugging the MP-1 into two JVMs. You really should, and then, try out some of the stereo chorus programs in the MP-1. Just be sure the cabs are at opposite ends of the wall. I think you're going to like this.

You should give a go with some of the other saved edits in the MP-1. Program 1 is the JCM 800 preset, and program 2 is the Roland Jazz Chorus preset. Exploring the other tones in the MP-1 may turn up some musical gems for you.
I only have two brain cells left, ...and I'm saving them for the weekend!

DannyjoeCarter

• Dannyjoe Carter
« Reply #8 on: Time Format »

Oh yeah Danny,

I would have thought you had already gotten around to plugging the MP-1 into two JVMs. You really should, and then, try out some of the stereo chorus programs in the MP-1. Just be sure the cabs are at opposite ends of the wall. I think you're going to like this.

You should give a go with some of the other saved edits in the MP-1. Program 1 is the JCM 800 preset, and program 2 is the Roland Jazz Chorus preset. Exploring the other tones in the MP-1 may turn up some musical gems for you.

Hi Harley!

Yes I just did this tonight and Man - VERTIGO! LOL! I could believe how much stereo spread there is - it literally had my head spinning!

I needed to kind of get used to and tweak a little more of my main setting/settings before I jumped down the rabbit hole but now this setup!
 I wish I could record it but it's never gonna come out right on this camera - so you guys will just have to come over and check it out for yourselves!  :headbanger:
Owner of DeJayce Guitars
www.dejayce-guitars.com

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #9 on: Time Format »

Oh yeah,

Spatial dimension to your guitar sound is a lot of fun especially if you start adding things that give your guitar solos the feeling of movement through the air. That's where I would use my Flanger and some ping-pong delays. It drives drummers nuts  :lol:

DannyjoeCarter

• Dannyjoe Carter
« Reply #10 on: Time Format »

Oh yeah,

Spatial dimension to your guitar sound is a lot of fun especially if you start adding things that give your guitar solos the feeling of movement through the air. That's where I would use my Flanger and some ping-pong delays. It drives drummers nuts  :lol:

LOL! Yeah it seriously had my head spinning and would probably take some getting used to but sure ot fun!
Owner of DeJayce Guitars
www.dejayce-guitars.com

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #11 on: Time Format »

Isn't that the whole point of guitar anyway? To have fun? It is for me, and that is what turned me off about Grunge.

What in hell were those kids pissed off about? They had it so much better that we did when we were that age.

DannyjoeCarter

• Dannyjoe Carter
« Reply #12 on: Time Format »

Isn't that the whole point of guitar anyway? To have fun? It is for me, and that is what turned me off about Grunge.

What in hell were those kids pissed off about? They had it so much better that we did when we were that age.

Amen to that Harley!
Man that was such a weird time for sure and I'm so glad it's over!  :banana-dance:
Owner of DeJayce Guitars
www.dejayce-guitars.com

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #13 on: Time Format »

+1
Pages: [1]   Go Up