ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Lets get Technical > All Things Tube All about preamp and power amp Tubes.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: GuitarFetish - GFS pickups  (Read 814 times)

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
GuitarFetish - GFS pickups
« on: Time Format »

I admit, I'm cheap. I'm always looking for a bargain.

Why spend $80 (or more) for a Seymour Duncan when you can get a quality pickup that sounds as good (if not better than) for half the price? No really...it can happen. I found GuitarFetish.com some time ago, looking for parts for a busted P-bass. Well, they have pretty darn good parts and that includes pickups.

Need a SD Jazz pickup for the neck? Try the GFS Classic II Alnico 2. I have 2 now, they are a bit more open sounding to my ears, while retaining that warm clean tone that's perfect for the Funk.
Need a hot JB pickup for the bridge? Try the GFS VEH Vintage Extra Hot - it's supposed to be a 'EVH Brown Sound' pickup...and I guess it sounds a good deal like Eddie on VH2, in the D.O.A. intro/rhythm parts specifically. It nails that. It's got the bite of a JB with the sizzle of a PAF, not too gainy, yet hot on top (hard to describe). Chords sound big and wide
Need a P90 that'll fit into a regular Humbucker hole? Try the Dream90! I have one in the bridge of my Vee and I love it. Can't wait to find a need for a neck PU so I can try one in there too. It's a great P90 snarl reminiscent of the Gibson models...really. They have other P90s too - check 'em out

Don't get me wrong, Seymour Duncan makes great pickups, I have a bunch and I'm not getting rid of them... I just find the GFS models very pleasing to my ear and cheap enough to try them out without feeling like I got ripped off, so that's what I've been putting into guitars lately that haven't been modified (yet)

Don't get me started on Warehouse Guitar Speakers (WGS)

« Last Edit: Time Format by Dante »

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
Re: GuitarFetish - GFS pickups
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Hey Dante, thanks for the tips  :thumb-up:   WGS hey do tell.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few
Pages: [1]   Go Up