ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Let us never forget our beloved founder - RIP Jurrie, we all miss you very much

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: When you lose your band  (Read 8293 times)

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook
Re: When you lose your band
« Reply #45 on: Time Format »

I've a video of Carl playing.  He sent it to me of him playing along to a demo of ours.  I can hear him playing along when I listen on proper speakers.  Although there is bass on the demo.

Will post later on.
"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #46 on: Time Format »

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #47 on: Time Format »

Wow!

I totally admire this mans tenacity. It would be criminal not to give this guy the chance to play in a band. ANY band.
I only have two brain cells left, ...and I'm saving them for the weekend!

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #48 on: Time Format »

Wow!

I totally admire this mans tenacity. It would be criminal not to give this guy the chance to play in a band. ANY band.

+1

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
« Reply #49 on: Time Format »

Carl's doin' just fine  :thumb-up:

No need to worry about him, he's good

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #50 on: Time Format »

Hey RG, excellent  :whoohoo!: so glad he's back at it and playing well  :thumb-up:
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #51 on: Time Format »

Wow!

Oh I know it, and our drummer said the same thing, but way before I did.  I was just like panic stations, will I need to find a new guy etc which I think is a natural reaction.  You can't really see in the video but the stump is just off the neck.  It is actually amazing.  Total kudos to him getting into that kind of shape in a very, very short space of time.  All that effort for a band that doesn't have a singer either!!!  I mean he must really believe in it.

I still struggle with the fact we may never get playing live ever again, but I try to remain positive.  Which is easier to do when you know you have a man this dedicated also within the fold.

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
« Reply #52 on: Time Format »

It's good to play without a singer for awhile - the tighter you guys (in the rhythm section) are, the easier it is for a singer later

I'm not saying anything you don't already know, but hey...gotta say it sometimes

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #53 on: Time Format »

And hey RG, he's got really good energy going there, it's going to work out (IMHO), these things take time. I will be flabbergasted if you guys "don't" play live again, you are building the elements you need, it's never instant, always takes time to line all the ducks up etc. Make this one better than before, instil all the learning. Keep the faith my friend  :wave: , hey I'm not particularly a metal fan, but I like your stuff  :whoohoo!: .

Peter H. Boer

• 2* MB-1 1*MP-1 + Jur's old Mod4Mk2
    • The Granny Attic
« Reply #54 on: Time Format »

Sounding pretty there  :banana-guitar:
Nothing beats MB-1s and MP-1s with MDRTs

http://www.thegrannyattic.com
http://www.Illumion.net
http://www.sote.nl

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #55 on: Time Format »

Sounding pretty there  :banana-guitar:

Since he's been back with us for a few weeks now he's been great.  Some thing he just won't be able to do ever but they're minimal really.  Just been the odd thing where he has went to copy or match the guitar and he just can't make the run as he has a digit less.  In general though he plays great, may be plays even better???   Who knows?

But we've pretty much got the next album covered now material wise.

Just lookin' for a 1980's Rob Halford or David Wayne to fall out of the sky and that will be us sorted!  :lol:  Which probably isn't going to happen any time soon.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #56 on: Time Format »

Hey RG, that's great news  :thumb-up: .  Having had my index finger compromised for many years now you tend to find a way, though I can't play some open chords the way I used to and I don't even bother trying to play open C any more  :facepalm:

Well hopefully you find a good singer and get things back on track  :headbanger:

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #57 on: Time Format »

Total credit where it's due man, I admire than you continued on despite the injury.

Well fingers crossed someone who fits the band style is out there.  It would be a shame as I feel I am way better at guitar now, despite turning 40 last month. 

And I'm excited as I think I'm moving an MP1 into my live setup now to replace the Rockmaster for a while.  Simply to give the ADA a turn as my main unit as I have never done so before.  Just have to make sure I get the same sounds at home as I do on the big rig.  I'm pretty sure I'll get there.  Boost the MP1 with a treble boost, and have it set for unity gain.  Just tightens it up and adds some chunk to a patch I'm currently loving.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #58 on: Time Format »

Hey RG, after all that stuff we went through getting the RM voices to switch LoL.  MP-1 sounds like a good move and will hopefully add some inspiration, I assume you'll go for the 3TM?  Biggest difference I found with MP-1 from home levels to live was the opening up of the dynamics and bass (just due to volume) and master vol settings between patches.  But then I generally went in reverse order, set my patches at rehearsal (loud).  But I also had to get my lead boost above another guitar, not an issue for you. 

40 hey, happy birthday and all that  :thumb-up: :banana-jazz-smiley-emoticon: .  Does anyone else in the band sing?  Maybe you could/should give it a shot, it takes some work but, practice makes it better.

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #59 on: Time Format »

Oh man the Rockmaster stuff is still incredibly useful and will be again in the future.  It just so happens the sound I have at the moment has inspired me hence the move.  Also the Rockmaster I think needs a bit of a service.  It's been in use a long time and never had a break, so I think now is a nice time.

You know I have a 3tm but I actually think I prefer the regular MP1 with that treble boost.  Just adds a tightness and a ice chunk.

I always find I'm cutting a lot of the bass on an MP1.  Both live when I have used at practice and also at home.

Current patch is

OD1 4.4 OD2 9.5 bass -4 mid 0 treble 0 presence 8 Master 6.5

Works really well with my Dimarzio Megadrive equipped  (yup the pickup Lesley West used) Squier Stagemaster.

Going to stick a PAF Pro in the neck as there seems to be a shortage of second hand Super Distortion 2's or else they're at crazy prices.

Carl sings, but he sounds more like Prince rather than the sort of voice we need  :lol:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up