ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Temp "Time Format" issue Fix in Discussions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: clean patch Tube Dist with OD2 at 0  (Read 6110 times)

El Chiguete

clean patch Tube Dist with OD2 at 0
« on: Time Format »

So yesterday I had a very unexpected but GREAT result! I was looking for a clean tone and started with the Clean Tube voicing but that didn't give me what I was going for... maybe it is because the Clean Tube voicing is more of an ¨american¨ tone (Fender). So then I put my main Tube Dist patch and started loweing the OD1 and OD2 to see what I get out of it. First I lowered the OD2 then lowered a little OD1 (from 4.0 to 2.0) but it was still not enought, then I started from 0 OD1 and I knew there wouldnt be no sound and with a real low setting it was clean but the tone was too thin maybe, SO NOW FOR THE INTERESTING PART, I lowered the OD2 setting to 0 and to my amazement there was still sound coming out!!!  :amaze: :amaze: :amaze:

So in the end using this patch I really got a great ¨british¨ clean tone (Marshall)  :metal::

OD1: 2.0
OD2: 0.0
Mas: to the level you want
Bas: 2
Mid: -8
Tre: -2
Pre: -2

Guys try it out and tell me what do you guys think?
Before you see the light, you must die!!!

'87 Kramer Stagemaster Custom
'81 Kramer Pacer Standard
custom made Les Paul
ADA MP1
Rane MPE 28
Lexicon MPX-G2
Epiphone Valve Jr. moded!!!

AFFA
Support Your Local 81

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
Re: clean patch Tube Dist with OD2 at 0
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Gonna try that!

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

Go El... I'm going less gain these days myself, will try it on MikeBs MP1 if I can
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

robertkoa

« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

Wow -zero  on  OD2  , it works !

Thanks I NEVER would have thought of this .

Very creative ! my pickups are medium  output Carvin AP 11s  on a Bolt , but  far down from strings (  Stratlike )  and I can go to about

2.4  on OD 1   and very very similar to  "Hey  Joe " .  I  wonder if  Jimi  actually used a Fender on that tune.

I see what  you mean by  Marshall Clean - it's Clean  but has that  slighly brittle feel to it.

Very cool.

I bet some cool cleans are available this way with a Zero  on one side  or another  in Tube Clean ? !

I  am surprised that sound comes out  this way-  interesting   gain staging.

IF ADA  had continued with Todd Langner  they would have come up with more amazing stuff  IMO.
« Last Edit: Time Format by robertkoa »

El Chiguete

« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

Yesterday I was playing around with this on the neck pickup but depending the pickup you might want to play around with the Bass settings, I finish playing with the Bass at -9 and I was blown away by how clean it sounded!!! I have on that guitar some SD Hot Rails and before it was just too much bass in the tone but now it's just perfect!

I'm really surprised on how for 5 years I didn't think much of actually understanding how the settings work on the MP-1 and experimenting around them and just the last year I really feal that I'm getting the best tones I've ever had with patch settings TOTALLY different then what I had before! I'm now more happy than ever with my sound :)
Before you see the light, you must die!!!

'87 Kramer Stagemaster Custom
'81 Kramer Pacer Standard
custom made Les Paul
ADA MP1
Rane MPE 28
Lexicon MPX-G2
Epiphone Valve Jr. moded!!!

AFFA
Support Your Local 81
Pages: [1]   Go Up