ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need a Schematic? Check the Vault *MP-1 Classic Schematics Just Added!!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: RIP Jeff Beck :-(  (Read 410 times)

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
RIP Jeff Beck :-(
« on: Time Format »

Just saw the news that Jeff Beck has died  :facepalm: :-[   so sad, he was an amazing guitarist and a very big influence on my playing.  I used to listen to him on my way to gigs to get inspired, particularly as most of my soloing is improvised.  Listening to him convinced me that every note was valid. 

My favourite album is There and back, although he has many....
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
Re: RIP Jeff Beck :-(
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Yeah that was really unexpected, great guitar player. He'll be missed.

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

I saw a headline about 'Remembering Jeff Beck' this morning and thought WHA?!

So sad, he was a true pioneer

RIP Jeff, thanks for the Seymour Duncan SH4-JB bridge pickup and all the crazy whammy tricks

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

Also shocked at this news as he seemed to be well and still very active.

I may not be a fan or anything but I was well aware how important he was and great guitar player.

Something I read in an interview from him always stuck in my mind as it felt like a nice little mantra and resonated with me.

He said something like, he used his limitations or exploited them to increase his playing.  I've not remembered it correctly but the point he was making was where he considered aspects of his playing to be limited he would use these to a more creative advantage if that makes sense.  Like may be if you say you have a box, and it's just a box, but how can you make the box more exciting/entertaining/skilful or whatever just by using the box.

Great player and will always have my respect.

I believe at one point Lemmy wanted Jeff Beck to join Motorhead believe it or not.
"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

The news article I read (https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-01-12/jeff-beck-dies-aged-78/101847374) included Beck liked an "element of chaos in music".  I hadn't really thought much or quantified it before but it's also been foundational in my playing.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

I saw the headline for that on Wednesday, so sad.

Immediately that took my mind back to when I was 13 and bought my first Jeff Beck album, Jeff Beck Group, Rough and Ready.
    I had already known his name, and was expecting to be blown away by some overwhelming guitar work, but instead, I found myself a bit disappointed by that album for the most part. The unusual key changed in the songs didn't really make sense to me at the time, but there were a couple of songs that I did try to learn on it, just for fun. It wasn't until a couple of years later, when I started getting into more Jazz/Rock, (later to become known as 'Fusion'), that I began to understand what a brilliant guitar player he really was, and just how far ahead of his time he was.
   I had to go back and listen to that album again. What a lot of great memories I have of those times.

Thank you Jeff, RIP
I only have two brain cells left, ...and I'm saving them for the weekend!

DannyjoeCarter

• Dannyjoe Carter
« Reply #6 on: Time Format »

I will never forget hanging out at a friend's house the summer of 1985; he was not a heavy metal or hardrock fan and always had a more pop oriented station playing in his house.
 Then Rod Stewart's song People Get Ready came on and I was blown away by the playing - then realized it was Jeff Beck! I was really happy because I think he struggled to get recognised on mainstream  radio and he really got a lot of attention from that record!

Hard to believe he is gone now.   :(
Owner of DeJayce Guitars
www.dejayce-guitars.com
www.youtube.com/dannyjoecarter
www.Faceb**k.com/dannyjoe.carter
Pages: [1]   Go Up