ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Temp "Time Format" issue Fix in Discussions

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Been shopping ADA gear  (Read 2289 times)

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
Re: Been shopping ADA gear
« Reply #30 on: Time Format »

Yes they can do it that way with using 2 codecs, pre and post is possible.

I don't about using two codecs for the EQ routing, I think the second codec may be for the speaker cab emulations, and the speaker polarities, and then the stereo processing outputs maybe? There is a lot packed into this amp.

No matter, it does sound very realistic and organic as a stand alone amp, (unless you go goofy with the effects).
I only have two brain cells left, ...and I'm saving them for the weekend!

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #31 on: Time Format »

The codes don't process anything, they just convert digital signals into analog signals and vice versa.

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #32 on: Time Format »

I realize the codecs don't do any processing, that's not what I was thinking of. I was thinking that maybe one DSP might be handling the EQ routing, (Pre and Post Distortion) as well as the Cab sims since that is also EQ related. It may also be where it sets up the circuit path for the particular amp you've selected.

In your earlier post, you said the signal goes into the 1st codec from the Trim pot which makes sense, since that is supposed to be where you set the level of the guitar before analog to digital conversion. Then, it comes out of that codec and into the tube section, which is where you adjust your gain level according to the amp type, (and gain threshold), you selected. Then it goes to another DSP from there, by way of another codec, which I'm guessing would be where the effects are in the circuit path before going to the poweramps.

I'm also reasonably certain that one or both of those DSP's have something to do with the utility controls in this amp as well, meaning the MIDI data, CC functions, expression pedal, and recording outputs, programming assignments, etc.

These amplifiers do a lot. Either way, whether these amps are typical modeling amps or a more complex version of a modeling amp, they still sound great, and I wouldn't be afraid to put either one of these rigs next to any tube amp rig and let it rip.

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #33 on: Time Format »

There is only one DSP that does the processing of the sounds so it's not that each codec has it's own dsp.

Midi stuff, programs, expression pedal, controlling the pots (and reading the set values) is handled by a CPU (80C251), it also does handles the communication between the codecs and the dsp.

Is it a modeling amp, IMO yes but it also has a limited analog section with the comp and the tube circuit. And the power amp is also analog if you want to take that in account. If you want to compare it to the MP-2 the cyber twin is a mostly digital modeling amp while the MP-2 is an analog modeling amp but digitally controlled. The analog signal in the MP-2 is never digitized.

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #34 on: Time Format »

Well that helps clear things up a bit. Most of what Fender was saying about this amp was really sales hype.

No...I would not dare to compare it to the MP-2 or any other ADA preamp for that matter. While I can put the CT next to any ADA rig I hook up at the moment, and both sound good, they don't sound the same.

The poweramp is it's own beast and does what a SS poweramp should do. What I was more interested in understanding was the preamp section and how it re-configures itself to emulate all these popular amplifiers, since that is where all the tones and tone shaping comes from.  The preamp creates and shapes the tones, and the poweramp just amplifies that signal. That's the only common ground between the Fender and ADA gear in this instance.

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #35 on: Time Format »

Yes they are just different doing more or less the same thing but with different technologie.

BTW got some new ADA stuff, see pics. A guy from black bridge sound made it and send it to me as a surprise and oh boy was I suprissed  ;D
He also has an ADA rig and made a T shirt from it and send it to me.

Check them out on Youtube, it's a funny channel about home recording. 

https://www.youtube.com/c/BlackBridgeSound
« Last Edit: Time Format by MarshallJMP »

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #36 on: Time Format »

HAH!

That IS cool! You've got to love how ADA owners come up with cool things no one else thinks of

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #37 on: Time Format »

Oh so true  ::)

JarrettBlackBridge

• Black Bridge Sound YouTube
« Reply #38 on: Time Format »

Yes they are just different doing more or less the same thing but with different technologie.

BTW got some new ADA stuff, see pics. A guy from black bridge sound made it and send it to me as a surprise and oh boy was I suprissed  ;D
He also has an ADA rig and made a T shirt from it and send it to me.

Check them out on Youtube, it's a funny channel about home recording. 

https://www.youtube.com/c/BlackBridgeSound

Hey that's a pretty sharp looking shirt right there! ;)
Glad you liked it! I still need to buy a couple pieces to complete that rig  :lol:
Black Bridge Sound on YouTube!
http://www.youtube.com/blackbridgesound

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
« Reply #39 on: Time Format »

Those shirts are AWESOME!!
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up