ADA Depot Too - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note "Depot New Registrations Temporarily Suspended" Please see discussions for how to register.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Behringer FCB1010 - Analogue Switching for Rockmaster Preamp  (Read 274 times)

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net

I guess you can set those FCB switches to momentary or latching too? How are they set?

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member

So that confirms what I was thinking/saying. But I've been calling the peavey FS crunch to ultra button/switch = Sw2 (not 1) and the clean bypass button/switch = Sw1 as this lines up with the wiring diagram.  Tip changes clean bypass and ring changes Crunch Ultra.  It doesn't mater as long as you plug the right TS plug into the correct FCB jacks to get what you have programmed to work.

So with FCB Sw1 = on and FCB Sw2 = off (as you have programmed it) AND Tip mono TS lead (so tip to tip) in FCB Sw1 socket and Ring mono TS lead (so ring to tip) in FCB Sw2 socket, it should select either crunch or Ultra when you select the patch and whatever stomp button you have set to toggle FCB Sw2 will toggle between Ultra and Crunch.  Pressing FCB Sw1 stomp button (turns Sw1 off) to select clean (and bypass crunch ultra) just like the peavey FS

If when you try it, changing patch initially selects clean and not crunch/ultra, then you just need to reverse the sw1 and 2 on off settings I've listed.

@MJMP, set to latching.  Where momentary might be useful is playing a song in either Crunch or Ultra mode and you just want clean for a few notes/barres, if the clean switch was set to momentary, you could press it to change to clean then release to go back...

Studio Rig: MP2/MB1 > Eurorack UB2442FX-Pro > TC M-One XL > Behringer Truths (with Truth Sub) / QUAD ESL 63s
Live Rig: MP2/MB1 > Alesis Quadverb > Alesis Midiverb 4 > Yamaha AM802 > B200s/Carvin TS100/DCM200L > ADA Split Stacks/Mesa P112s

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook

I guess you can set those FCB switches to momentary or latching too? How are they set?

Yes I have them programmed for latching but yes you can have momentary should you wish.

So that confirms what I was thinking/saying. But I've been calling the peavey FS crunch to ultra button/switch = Sw2 (not 1) and the clean bypass button/switch = Sw1 as this lines up with the wiring diagram.  Tip changes clean bypass and ring changes Crunch Ultra.  It doesn't mater as long as you plug the right TS plug into the correct FCB jacks to get what you have programmed to work.

So with FCB Sw1 = on and FCB Sw2 = off (as you have programmed it) AND Tip mono TS lead (so tip to tip) in FCB Sw1 socket and Ring mono TS lead (so ring to tip) in FCB Sw2 socket, it should select either crunch or Ultra when you select the patch and whatever stomp button you have set to toggle FCB Sw2 will toggle between Ultra and Crunch.  Pressing FCB Sw1 stomp button (turns Sw1 off) to select clean (and bypass crunch ultra) just like the peavey FS

If when you try it, changing patch initially selects clean and not crunch/ultra, then you just need to reverse the sw1 and 2 on off settings I've listed.

@MJMP, set to latching.  Where momentary might be useful is playing a song in either Crunch or Ultra mode and you just want clean for a few notes/barres, if the clean switch was set to momentary, you could press it to change to clean then release to go back...

Ok well I still haven't been allowed out until I tested negative from covid so that has only happened today.  I can test once I get into the rehearsal room again.
"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member

Hey RG, how's your health? hopefully COVID didn't knock you around too much?  :wave:
Studio Rig: MP2/MB1 > Eurorack UB2442FX-Pro > TC M-One XL > Behringer Truths (with Truth Sub) / QUAD ESL 63s
Live Rig: MP2/MB1 > Alesis Quadverb > Alesis Midiverb 4 > Yamaha AM802 > B200s/Carvin TS100/DCM200L > ADA Split Stacks/Mesa P112s

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook

I'm fine now Richard.  The worst was in the first 4 days after testing positive.  Then basically spent the next week with sniffles a bit of a cough.  Fine now though, thanks for asking  :thumb-up:

Right so I didn't actually get to re-program the fcb1010.  But I did switch the pedals about and even with one on and one off nothing happened.  However if I pulled the switch 1 cable out half way I was able to switch between two of the channels.  I can't remember now which ones.  I think I got Ultra and Crunch.  With this pulled half way out on switch 1 switch 2 did nothing.  Then if I pulled switch 2 jack half way out I was able to get clean, but I couldn't switch back to the gain channels unless that jack got pushed all the way in again.  Weird!!!  Still convinced I need to make some sort of a custom cable.  But then I dunno  :dunno:
"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member

Glad you're feeling better  :whoohoo!: .

Well that is weird.  The FCB jacks can take a mono or stereo plug though not sure how they are wired inside. It should work if your lead is wired correctly (check it in case?)

It should be: 
 RM        Sw1     Sw2   
Tip >     Tip   
Ring >               Tip 
S  >       S          S
 When you pull the jack half out it will join the Tip and Ring inside the FCB jack So not sure whats going on there that makes it sort of work.  If the lead is wired correctly, it should work, see attached circuit diagram of the FS, it's quite simple. 

Remember though when you select a patch you have set the Sw1 and Sw2 settings in the patch so this is where it should start at before you start toggling the FCB stomp buttons.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up