ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Let us never forget our beloved founder - RIP Jurrie, we all miss you very much

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I miss playing live  (Read 1976 times)

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
I miss playing live
« on: Time Format »

Well, here's a shocker....no posts about playing live music for about 2 years now....fricken pandemic (and don't get me started about people refusing to wear a dang mask)

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
Re: I miss playing live
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Well we had a gig 2 weeks ago but it was weird playing for an audience that had to be seated at some tables. But it was good to play live after 2 years. In the mean time the rules have changed and there are no more restrictions and no more tables and chairs  :D

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

It's starting to open up in Australia, not may gigs yet but very slowly creeping back to where people can play again.  Depends which State you live in as they all have different rules.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Kim

• Administrator
  • If it's too Loud...you're gonna get more of THAT.
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

I miss playing Live, too.

However, I do not miss all the bullshit that goes with it. 

I don't feel "too old to Rock n Roll"  :lol:  but rather simply just too tired of dealing with bullshit. 

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

I miss playing Live, too.

However, I do not miss all the bullshit that goes with it. 

I don't feel "too old to Rock n Roll"  :lol:  but rather simply just too tired of dealing with bullshit.

What bullshit? I mean, how often do you get $100 for 8 hours of work?  ;D

Kim

• Administrator
  • If it's too Loud...you're gonna get more of THAT.
« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

:lol:  It was never about money.   

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #6 on: Time Format »

I'd love to go play out in front of an audience again, but the best we can do in my silly town is probably open mic night.

There hasn't really been any kind of live music scene here for the past 10 years, but I'm sure I could book a few gigs in Cleveland if I ever got a band together again. Just sayin'

Harley 8)
I only have two brain cells left, ...and I'm saving them for the weekend!

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #7 on: Time Format »

:lol:  It was never about money.

And it's a good thing, or we'd all quit

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook
« Reply #8 on: Time Format »

Well why aren't I around here anymore?  I miss playing live also.  I miss having band even more.  It all ties in.  Can barely bring myself to post here anymore as I'm so heart broken by it all.

I even stopped looking at gear or buying gear up until recently.  And normally I'd share it on here if I got some good stuff and I haven't even been bothered.  I just thought I'd check in today and  saw this post.  I dunno if I'll ever play live again as I just can't get musicians where I live interested in what my band played.  If I lived in continental Europe I might stand a chance but right now,  can't see me playing live in the future again.  I already found it difficult then, f*ck knows what will happen if the opportunity presents itself to me again.

Hope everyone is keeping well btw.
"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #9 on: Time Format »

Hey Gerry, don't give up man, you will found some musicians fior sure. I know it can be hard, hell it took me 2 years to find the right musicians for my band. But now we are up and running  ;)

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #10 on: Time Format »

Hey Gerry, don't give up man, you will found some musicians fior sure. I know it can be hard, hell it took me 2 years to find the right musicians for my band. But now we are up and running  ;)

+1 :thumb-up:

I'll echo MJMP's thoughts on the subject, and add something you already know. People think a band is all sex and drugs and rock and roll, but anyone who has been in any kind of successful band knows that's a truck load of shite. It's always difficult, it's hard work, and often no pay.

I'm still not in a band and I haven't been looking for musicians to play with, because I've been pretty busy with my work schedule and all, but there is a new woman in my life now who really wants to play percussion. The last couple of weekends, we've been getting together and jamming on some weird stuff. I'm thinking about getting her some congas, and a few other percussion instruments and see what we come up with. It's fun. That's the key. Keep it fun, and who knows where it might go?

Harley 8)
I only have two brain cells left, ...and I'm saving them for the weekend!

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #11 on: Time Format »

Stick with it Gerry, those guys are right ^^^ and, thanks for checking in man

Things happen when you least expect, just keep your mind open to them when they do.

Sometimes, I feel like I am not going to be able to do this for much longer...so I feel like my back is against the wall to get in as much posing rocking as possible, hehe. That, and I have all this friggin gear that needs to get used...I suck at getting rid of stuff

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #12 on: Time Format »

Hey RG, chin up my friend :thumb-up:   Playing in bands is full of ups and downs and we've all had plenty of them over the years.  Don't give up, things will happen.  Do what you can for now.  I've got involved with teaching a friend bass who happened to know a drummer and now get to play a bit again, albeit a bit frustrating as she hasn't been playing very long, but at least I get to play.  It also brings home how much playing is important to my mental health.  There was a long break after the band I had with Mike etc. fizzled out.  We put over 6 years (quite part time) into that only for them not to want to do gigs, WTF then why did we do all that rehearsing  :facepalm: ... and then of course COVID hit and all the "possible" gigs dried up anyway.  Well things are slowly improving COVID and gig wise; and at least the little 3 piece I'm currently in actually want to do gigs  :whoohoo!: .  I do get it's harder for you as you want to play original music and then, your particular style. I'm happy just to play as it's better than nothing.
Regardless, don't stop posting here, I/we miss you contribution and friendship etc. :headbanger:
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few
Pages: [1]   Go Up