• Welcome to ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear.

A/DA MP-1 for sale (includes 3TM!) >SOLD<

Started by TommyVonVoigt, October 26, 2021, 11:54:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TommyVonVoigt

Hey all, looks like I'm just not bonding with the MP-1, so I'm going to sell it.

This is a unit I bought off of Reverb.com back in September, for $625. It didn't really sound good to me, and I had trouble getting good tones out of it. It also had a dead battery. So, I ordered up the 3 tube mod, the battery mod, the upgraded transformer, replacement pots, and the noise mod, from Marshall JMP.

I installed everything but the noise mod and the replacement pots. Big, big improvement, but I still just don't like the high gain tones I'm getting out of it. Solid State Clean is awesome, though. If I had the rack space, I would consider keeping it just for the Solid State Clean.

I went over the unit with MJMP's help, double checking all of my work, and sending him detailed photos of everything. Everything checks out. I think the reality is the MP-1 is just not for me, and I should just stick with my Synergy setup. I'm not feeling the distorted tones, and the volume drop does not pair well with my Synergy Syn-2 / modules.

I'm selling the whole thing. I'd like $700, plus shipping, (CONUS only). It will include:

• MP-1, with 3TM, battery mod, and transformer upgrade already installed
• Noise mod (not installed)
• Replacement pots (not installed)
• I will also include the original, functioning transformer, the original tube board, and the original tubes it came with. Please note that I am not including a full set of 3 tubes, since I am keeping the three tubes I had tried in it

It's in pretty clean shape, too. And the buttons all work perfectly.

TommyVonVoigt

More pics can be found here, BTW. All closeup high res shots of the inside (top and bottom):

https://we.tl/t-pIqnftGgeY

TommyVonVoigt

Just throwing this out there - I am willing to swap this unit straight up for a completely stock unit, IF it's one that you know for sure is in perfect working order, and sounds the way these things should. Since I still don't know for sure if this unit sounds like it should, I could be giving up on the MP-1 idea prematurely here. I have no way of knowing or comparing.