ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need a Schematic? Check the Vault *MP-1 Classic Schematics Just Added!!

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Fender Cyber-Twin SE  (Read 5060 times)

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
Re: Fender Cyber-Twin SE
« Reply #15 on: Time Format »

Hey MJMP,

Yes Sir! That is correct. Each speaker output delivers 145 watts RMS for a combined total of 435 watts when all three cabs are plugged in. I have the cabs for it too. One is loaded with 2x15" JBL D140 speakers, the other two cabs are loaded with 2x12" JBL D120 in one, and 2x12" Altecs G-17 in the other. Two of the cabs are the mid-sized Fender cabs which look like a slightly smaller 4x12 cab, but only containing two speakers each. the third cab is a smaller 2x12 cab from 1965 that is about the size of a Twin Reverb. This cab also has the tilt-back legs that are on a Twin so I normally use it as a side fill cab.

This circuit design was created for Fender by Bill Hughes, (designer of the Ampeg SVT), and it is one HEAVY amplifier head that weighs in just a little more than a vintage Twin Reverb by itself! There are a pair of massive transformers located at either end of the chassis with the power tubes in between them and the preamp tubes are lined up along the back of the chassis.
            On the front panel, where you would find what Fender called the "Normal" channel, on this amp it is called the "Bass" channel. You have the same controls as you would find on the traditional Normal channel, Volume, Treble, Middle and Bass, but instead of a Bright switch, there is a "Deep" switch. The Vibrato channel has the same controls found on any Twin Reverb of the era with a Master Volume, including Reverb and Vibrato.

I've only used this amp at a couple of outdoor Hippie Festivals, and it's loud enough to bury the whole band. The only way I could describe the tone of this amp would be sort of like a Twin, but on Mega-steroids!

Harley 8)
I only have two brain cells left, ...and I'm saving them for the weekend!

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #16 on: Time Format »

Thanks Harley for the explanation.

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #17 on: Time Format »

Okay Gang,

Rather than start a new thread, I'm just going to post it here and continue this one since the topic is related.

So....I was getting bored with the limited kind of tone/effects settings with each of the Cyber amps, and I decided to try something different. Don't get me wrong, they both have killer tones and some really great effects built into them, but I wanted more. (there's a surprise).

I began wondering what would happen if I tried to combine my Cyber-Twin, and Cyber-Deluxe/Vibrolux rigs together, and could I control them from the same foot controller?   Yes I can :thumb-up:

I had to use an A/B/Y pedal to get the results I wanted, and I had a real issue with the grounding on that, but I fixed that today and here's what I came up with:

Cyber-Twin in the center for the core of my guitar tones, and Cyber-Deluxe/Vibrolux on either side of it with stereo effects. The results are much better than I expected. Huge guitar tones with huge effects tones on either side.

The pedalboard is not the final layout for this configuration, I'll probably switch places with the tuner and the A/B/Y switch, and that should make things easy and neat once I get the right patch cable made up for it.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #18 on: Time Format »

Hey Harley, way to go my friend  :whoohoo!: .  Looks like a killer rig, and quite small (considering) footprint.  I like your thinking  :headbanger:
« Last Edit: Time Format by rnolan »
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #19 on: Time Format »

Hey Richard,

It IS a killer sounding rig! Either rig sounds good on it's own, but combined it's like a whole different dimension just opened up.

Now....to add a couple of ADA rack rigs to this mix and see what I get. I know I'll never be able to use a rig that size in a club, but that's what studios are for  >:D

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
« Reply #20 on: Time Format »

That looks killer, I'm sure it sounds great too

I would never carry 3 combos around, but hey...studio time!

That foot controller looks pretty cool too, btw

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #21 on: Time Format »

That's something I NEED to hear, so start recording  ;D

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #22 on: Time Format »

@Dante,

It works really well with the three combos close together like you see in the picture. but if I took this rig onstage, I'd have the CD and Vibrolux spread out to either side of the drum riser. You can hear the stereo effects moving very clearly like this, but spread out it would be even bigger. The CT would stay in the center.

That's the Fender MIDI controller for these amps btw, and as you can see it's a bit wider than a Twin.

@MJMP,

I'm going to try to get something tracked on Cubase, but I'm having a few issues with the version I upgraded to. I think I need some tech support to sort out the weird issues I'm having. You use Superior Drummer with yours don't you?

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #23 on: Time Format »

Yes I use Superior Drummer sometimes. Why?

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #24 on: Time Format »

I'm using EZ Drummer2 with mine and it worked well, up until a month ago.

Now when I go into a project and try to track some more, the drums don't come through. For whatever reason which I can't explain, it seems all of the inputs are disabled. I can't track anything, I can't restore them. It sees the Focusrite, and even when I enable it (again), it still doesn't accept it.

I don't know what happened to it :dunno:

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #25 on: Time Format »

Ow don't know haven't used EZ drummer in quite some time and SD is quite different from EZ.

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #26 on: Time Format »

It's not just EZ Drummer, it seems all the inputs are disabled for everything in Cubase. It started with EZ Drummer, and then spread to all the other inputs.

I'll call tech support about this issue and see what is going on with Cubase. To be honest, Cubase is proving to be a bigger headache than it's worth, and I've dropped a pretty good bit of money on it to upgrade to Artist 11, and I'm about ready to chuck it in the trash can.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #27 on: Time Format »

Hey Harley, lots of empathy here my friend.  Years ago I updated my protools to 6.4 so it would work with WinXP, it took 2 full days of trawling the Avid site to finally make it work  :facepalm: , then the main board died later  :crazy: .  And 6.4 was the last version that worked with the Digi 001 I/O (and won't work with non PT interfaces).  When I bought the presonus I/O it came with studio one install.  When I finally got around to trying it out the demo recordings wouldn't work with my Win7 laptop (way too many tracks and just shat itself trying).  So imported some .wav tracks from earlier PT recordings only to discover you have to pay more money to get any effects etc. and I didn't like the interface anyway.
Hopefully they can help you get it working, but it just should be that hard....
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #28 on: Time Format »

No Richard,

It shouldn't be that hard. especially for the price.

I knew there would be a learning curve going into it, but the thing shutting off it's inputs on it's own after not having been turned on for a month or two wasn't something I was prepared for.

The tutorials are for the most part, about as useful as boobies on doorknobs. Ex; Take this loop and mix it with this drum groove and patch this synth element in... WTF?!? That isn't how musicians make music! That's how non-musical people make noise. A musician plays his or her instrument and lays down track after track until they get the sounds they are looking for. That's all I want to do.

Oh...I'm ranting.

I'll shut up now

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
« Reply #29 on: Time Format »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

When I got my first version of Cubase, I made a few songs like that and thought to myself "how many other idiots just put together the same exact pattern and called it a song?"
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up