ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need a Schematic? Check the Vault *MP-1 Classic Schematics Just Added!!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Lockdown Recording using MP1  (Read 5302 times)

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook
Lockdown Recording using MP1
« on: Time Format »

Lockdown recording/demoing during global pandemic

Back using the MP1 and used it to record this new track which will eventually be on the bands second album.  Gives a run down of some of my setup and tool etc

And yes I shaved my head, but I will grow it back again  :thumb-up:

"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

bunkyloo

• Tones for days with my ADA's !
Re: Lockdown Recording using MP1
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Right on RG sounds great!

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

Right on RG sounds great!
Really appreciate that thanks  :thumb-up:.  It's NOT super tight double tracking but it is just a demo after all.  I'd be more meticulous for the actual album.
« Last Edit: Time Format by rabidgerry »

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

Sounds awesome RG, gawd I love that Tokai Vee you got there  :thumb-up:

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

Dude, what happend to your hair  :o

Really nice sound, very old school metal  :thumb-up: and the playing awesome like always. :metal:

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

Sounds awesome RG, gawd I love that Tokai Vee you got there  :thumb-up:

I have to say that is a quality instrument for not a lot of money (compared to a Gibson USA).  I think my guitar was £300 so say $372.  Who knows what the exchange rate was back in 2003 though!  It's so light compared to the Stagemaster, but that is because there is no locking trem and brass sustain block mostly.  I forgot what a nice guitar it is.  Still toy with the idea of changing the pickups but then I always think those stock ones are not bad at all.  Perhaps not my usual choice but they sound quite nice and detailed.  Now mine is a Korean model, I think after a year or so they moved this models production to China.  Cannot say if they are any worse or better.  Things I swapped out to give little improvements, the bridge, I put a better quality one in there (forget the brand), but instantly more harmonic content, had a bone nut made for me and put some locking tuners on there.  Always wanted a flying v like K.K Downing out of Judas Priest and that was the closest I could afford at the time.  It's fairly close to  67 FLYING V.  Not mahogany though.

Dude, what happend to your hair  :o

Really nice sound, very old school metal  :thumb-up: and the playing awesome like always. :metal:
  Oh it's a long story MJMP, but I will grow it back  :thumb-up:  It was a very hard thing for me to do, I had it long most of my life.  I can't stand having short hair either but it had to be done at the time.
And thank you for the compliments, it's good to have feedback about stuff like that  :thumb-up:

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #6 on: Time Format »

BTW Jerry, I saw on your booster that it has 2 knobs, (A range master only had one) ,what is the second knob for?

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #7 on: Time Format »

BTW Jerry, I saw on your booster that it has 2 knobs, (A range master only had one) ,what is the second knob for?
  Yes it does.  When I say it's a copy of a Dallas Rangemaster it is, but it has the extra control which might I add is very useful.  The extra control allows you to sweep from treble and no bass (the usual rangemaster boost) to gradually allowing more bass in the more you turn the control to the right (clockwise).  I actually found it really useful because you can boost the signal and not have to compensate with EQ afterwards to accommodate for thinning that might occur.  You can keep it as solely a treble if you like but I found turning to around 10 o clock was perfect with my setup.  The other knob is the amount of boost as you may have guessed.

Chucky

• Long Live JURRRRIIIIIIE!!!!
« Reply #8 on: Time Format »

Hey Rabidgerry, nice video...
I like the way you took time to explain the whole process,
It's like being there watching you while you do your project.
Very cool.   :headbanger:

I'll have to come back here and watch the whole video with a quiet mind.
I'm a bit in a bind now.
EMGs suck my energies.

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #9 on: Time Format »

Hey Rabidgerry, nice video...
I like the way you took time to explain the whole process,
It's like being there watching you while you do your project.
Very cool.   :headbanger:

I'll have to come back here and watch the whole video with a quiet mind.
I'm a bit in a bind now.

Thanks again Chucky, yes I did it like that because i'm trying to show people that despite the fact the band is not able to gig, it's still ticking over in the background and "here's how"  8).  So I will probably make some regularly to keep us in people's minds.  If you aren't being seen to be doing stuff on social media people forget about you very quickly (which is totally sh:t) but that is the world we live in right now.  And I mean that regarding band profile.  I personally don't have social media other than a youtube channel.

I  enjoy those type of videos myself so may be some others will.  Another motivation I had was to show off the MP1.  Now I dunno if that sound I achieved is typical MP1 or now but there are some bad MP1 videos online and I think at least mine is fairly decent quality.

What was tough was, I recorded using my phone, but also into the multitrack, so I had to sync audio and video up manually.  It was tough.  I think it's accurate enough.

Hopefully you get out of the bind man!  Bad time globally for people right now.

Kim

• Administrator
  • If it's too Loud...you're gonna get more of THAT.
« Reply #10 on: Time Format »

Very cool stuff, Gerry!   :thumb-up:

:headbanger:  I love that you and your mates in RBoTN are doing your best to keep that particular style of Metal around and make it heard.   It seems to be a rare and unfortunately a dying breed where I live. 

Love your last album and it stays in my Playlists;  can't wait for a new one!

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #11 on: Time Format »

Very cool stuff, Gerry!   :thumb-up:

:headbanger:  I love that you and your mates in RBoTN are doing your best to keep that particular style of Metal around and make it heard.   It seems to be a rare and unfortunately a dying breed where I live. 

Love your last album and it stays in my Playlists;  can't wait for a new one!

Man that's a massive compliment.  Really thank you for saying that.  We just do what we do.  Anyone who ever buys one thing with our name on it is always paying a massive compliment to our efforts as a band and anyone who can enjoy one song makes it all worth while so if we are in your play list well f*ck yeah!  That's amazing! 

About the scene, well it's like that here as well where I live, but we helped bring it back, and on the Irish scene as a whole we are definitely the purveyors of traditional heavy metal.  And it's inspired some younger bands and fans so it aint dying at all.  Another thing, in Europe and in UK there is definitely a resurgence and with the internet it is easy to connect up and sorta unite powers I guess with like minded bands.

It's funny you say that about where you live, because from the U.S we were supposed to play with the band Night Demon (nothing like us but in the right ball park).  Now those guys most be part of some kind scene out there in the States?  Cauldron are another band I know from there and some Canadian bands too.  Might be worth trying to network with some similar band out there man I dunno?  The Night Demon gig is postponed to September now.  They were ok in my opinion, I wasn't blown away though, and they pissed me off taking hours for a sound check forgetting about the bands before them!

And again thanks so much for the kind words, I actually can't describe how cool that is to hear  :thumb-up:  :bow:

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #12 on: Time Format »

Just checked out Night Denom and I must say I like them, they sound old school !

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #13 on: Time Format »

Just checked out Night Denom and I must say I like them, they sound old school !
  The are ok, not my taste really but as I say, they are in the right ball park.

However three hour (may have been more) long f**king sound checks......................they aren't that good or worthy of that!!  It's actually pretty selfish to do that when other bands are expecting to get a sound check particularly when there is time to spare.  The singer plays in Cirith Ungol and I believe has helped propel their name further through connection.  He isn't the original guy.

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #14 on: Time Format »

Does Cirith Ungol still exist? They were pretty amazing back in the day, I really liked it although they got really bad reviews when their first album came out.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up