ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Temp "Time Format" issue Fix in Discussions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Music documentaries  (Read 1287 times)

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
Music documentaries
« on: Time Format »

I've been watching a lot of music and art documentaries on YouTube lately. Saw one about Joan Jett last night and it really took me back to when I was just picking up the guitar (late 70s, early 80s). Check it out if you get a chance:

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
Re: Music documentaries
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Blocked over here  >:(

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

I haven't seen that one before, but definitely cool :thumb-up:

She's paid her dues.
I only have two brain cells left, ...and I'm saving them for the weekend!

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

Blocked here in Australia also :-(
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook
« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

Lets see if a US server on my VPN allows me access??
"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

Yes I can access it when I us my VPN.  If any of you have one try using it  :thumb-up:

I kind thought Joan Jett was hot sometimes  :)  Lita Ford from the runnaways defo was.

Anyways I see a picture in that documentary is her and Jonny Rotten, interesting indeed!

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #6 on: Time Format »

I'm lucky enough to have seen her live about 10 years ago. I was at a Green Day show (it was a big extravaganza with several bands - like a Christmas show), they were the headliners. Before the show, a guitar tech was tuning up this white double cutaway guitar with stickers all over it. I said 'that looks a lot like Joan Jett's guitar...probably a signature model that one of the bands is using'

She was not on the bill.

About halfway through....Joan Jett was introduced and the crowd went nuts. She is so frickin' good and she's probably the hardest touring musician on the planet.

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #7 on: Time Format »

Stopped halfway through the documentary, but I will finish it off tomorrow.

It's good!

Well I know plenty of other hard touring acts, but I get what ya mean.

Here is a documentary I recommend to everyone.  I used to think this guy was a joke, but after watching this you should realise this guy is 100%, 100% dedicated true blue through and through to the point his health suffered and now he is committed until I guess he drops dead.  Any of you who know what it's like to live and breath it will get this documentary.  This guy was a  novelty act really I guess but f*ck me he has so much credibility despite this, totally committed to the point were respect cannot be denied.  This is only the trailer, but if you want to watch it it's on Amazon I think.  I of course obtained it else where  ;D

Personally I also like some of his music A LOT, but some of it isn't great.  Anyways I bring you

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #8 on: Time Format »

Cool! I will def check it out  :thumb-up:

Thanks!

Kim

• Administrator
  • If it's too Loud...you're gonna get more of THAT.
« Reply #9 on: Time Format »

Just wanted to say I LOVE music documentaries!  Don't even really care who they might be about, 95% always seem to fascinate me anyway. 

......That, and I missed both my chances to see and even meet Joan Jett and Thor.  They both had played small venues very near to me a few years ago, but I seem to have this knack for not finding out about these kind of gigs until after they happen though.   :(

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #10 on: Time Format »

Thor is such a legend, on so many levels.  He seems like a really good guy too.

Pages: [1]   Go Up