ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need a Schematic? Check the Vault *MP-1 Classic Schematics Just Added!!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Lexicon MPX G2  (Read 45898 times)

El Chiguete

Re: Lexicon MPX G2
« Reply #45 on: Time Format »

I forgot to mention that I made the A/B change thru a Midi CC Command but still no luck on how to make the delay spillover :(
Before you see the light, you must die!!!

'87 Kramer Stagemaster Custom
'81 Kramer Pacer Standard
custom made Les Paul
ADA MP1
Rane MPE 28
Lexicon MPX-G2
Epiphone Valve Jr. moded!!!

AFFA
Support Your Local 81

kawai2g4b

« Reply #46 on: Time Format »

So anyway...might be getting one of these via trade, how is the preamp and distortion on the G2?  I have seen mixed reviews on this but I figure the steeper  learning curve might influence opinions on it.  I know the reverbs and delays are good and will probably be worth it so I don't need to be convinced on that front.
Pearce G2R with ADA TFX4 in loop.
ADA MB-1/B500B
And other non ADA stuff.

Kawai AQ-500 guitar, Korean Fender Lite Ash Strat, Electra X930 MPC modded, G&L L2K basses, Peavey T40, Fernandes basses.

El Chiguete

« Reply #47 on: Time Format »

I just use the preamp or distortions on mine one time and I was surprie with the good results... I was thinking on trying on of these days to see how well I can reproduce the MP-1 tone with it.

custom made Les Paul
ADA MP1
Rane MPE 28
Lexicon MPX-G2

AFFA
Support Your Local 81

McLeanAB

• Adam's Music
« Reply #48 on: Time Format »

So anyway...might be getting one of these via trade, how is the preamp and distortion on the G2?  I have seen mixed reviews on this but I figure the steeper  learning curve might influence opinions on it.  I know the reverbs and delays are good and will probably be worth it so I don't need to be convinced on that front.

It's not great, but surprisingly okay... I managed to get a great crunch tone out of it (which I never use), and also some Gallien-Kreuger type 2000cpl/250rl tones out of it too!!

As for everything else on the MPX-G2?  Stellar.
-Adam
ISP Theta Preamp, ISP Theta PRO, ISP Theta Combo and Vector 2x12 with Celestion Alnico Creams, and Charvel Wildcards with EMGs!

kawai2g4b

« Reply #49 on: Time Format »

Update...I ended up buying the mpx g2 and foot controller for $250!!! Someone is seriously undervaluing this one.  But I played it today and your comments were spot on.  Thanks for the help everyone.  :whoohoo!:
ADA MB-1/B500B
And other non ADA stuff.

Kawai AQ-500 guitar, Korean Fender Lite Ash Strat, Electra X930 MPC modded, G&L L2K basses, Peavey T40, Fernandes basses.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #50 on: Time Format »

Coming in very late here but I've never heard a bad lexicon FX, and the Larc 224x  mmmm. Good score  :thumb-up:
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

kawai2g4b

« Reply #51 on: Time Format »

I'm starting to believe that.  I'm definitely going to happily waste a bunch of time getting this thing dialed in.
ADA MB-1/B500B
And other non ADA stuff.

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #52 on: Time Format »

Update...I ended up buying the mpx g2 and foot controller for $250!!! Someone is seriously undervaluing this one.  But I played it today and your comments were spot on.  Thanks for the help everyone.  :whoohoo!:

That's a really nice deal you did  :thumb-up:

Systematic Chaos

• Administrator
  • Blood type: Becks Positive

Chaos how much you find (if any) tone is change by connecting thru 4CM with the MPX-G2? I used to do that but I felt it tooked away the life of my MP1.

EC, after following the MPX-G2 manual (see below) I have not encountered any tone sucking, coloration or alteration at all with the G2 and the Triaxis.
With the quality of gear we´re using, I also don´t like to spend $$$ on the initial gear pieces and then try to save on such trivial things as cables (e.g. Bulk-Pack Colored Patch Cables with telephone thin-like wires in them)
That being said, I also use high-qual patch cables, mostly self-made with Sommer Cable Spirit XXL, Sommer Cable Goblin, Mogami,....and Neutrik or (more often) HiCon ends.
This allows me to also tailor the cable length to the absolute minimum necessary....

Go to page 18 and following of the Lexicon MPX-G2 Manual

There´s a very detailed and comprehensive step-by-step description/tutorial on how to set and match the gain levels of the MPX-G2 and the preamp it is being connected with using the 4-cable-method.

This takes some time but it is necessary to fully benefit from all the option the MPX-G2 offers when hooked up this way without compromising or altering the dedicated preamps´ tone.

Furthermore, here´s a LINK to a really useful MPX-G2 Editor SW
« Last Edit: Time Format by Systematic Chaos »

El Chiguete

« Reply #54 on: Time Format »

Thread resurrection time!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chaos check this quick video I just made, in person you can hear more the added hiss... not like over sound of the guitar but deffinetly notice that its present when you turn off any effect before the external preamp (my MP-1) in the PRE-GAIN path.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrAXR7xihjE

I thought it was impedance but no and whats going on in the video is that even when you have in this case the Volume effect ON in the Lex the hiss is there and when you turn off that effect the hiss goes out *btw what you still hearing is the normal amp noise from ambient interferance and bad electricity.

Does this happend to you??? I think not.
« Last Edit: Time Format by El Chiguete »

custom made Les Paul
ADA MP1
Rane MPE 28
Lexicon MPX-G2

AFFA
Support Your Local 81

Systematic Chaos

• Administrator
« Reply #55 on: Time Format »

Went last night through some hidden sub-settings (using G2 Editor software) together with EC in a intl VidChat/WhatsApp "conference" and sent him a complete dump of my G2 setup and patches...

There's some hidden global EQ'ing deep down in the Sys-Routing that might have been the cause for the strange EQ curves EC posted recently....
Those hidden sub setting include Peak, Shelf and further global eq related settings....

We'll gonna go through it all step by step and set it up like mine (which works and sounds flawless and awesome) l8r today....

The hiss when engaging the PedalVol coul be caused by placing the PedalVol in the FX1 or 2 block...PedalVol should normally (as per the manual) be placed in the EQ block so I guess the block structure/layout is different and tailored to the fx that should go in the respective blocks...

Keep your fingers crossed and may the force be with us :)

Systematic Chaos

• Administrator
« Reply #56 on: Time Format »

Some more info and links on the G2 and the software I mentioned in my earlier post:

http://www.stecrecords.com/?RecordId=376

G2 Editor

I did my Sysex dumps with the dump tool referred to on the Stecrecords G2 pages, but any MIDI Sysex dump software like MIDIOX (Win) or Sysex Librarian (Mac) should do the trick....

El Chiguete

« Reply #57 on: Time Format »

Is there a manual for the editor to find out what all the extra options do?

custom made Les Paul
ADA MP1
Rane MPE 28
Lexicon MPX-G2

AFFA
Support Your Local 81

Systematic Chaos

• Administrator
« Reply #58 on: Time Format »

Not as far as I know.....
Some Lex G2 enthusiast with a programming background sat down and put it all together...

Maybe check this: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/lexicon-mpx-g2-editor/t7CTm4n7Xoc

El Chiguete

« Reply #59 on: Time Format »

So today after sleeping and having all the rest that I needed I went to check the stuff out and when I was ready to start testing guess what... the battery went bad and the Lex started to shutdown and turn off!!! So I guess it's time to do a battery mod on both the MP-1 and the G2 since both are solder directly to the board! WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

custom made Les Paul
ADA MP1
Rane MPE 28
Lexicon MPX-G2

AFFA
Support Your Local 81
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up