ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note "Depot New Registrations Temporarily Suspended" Please see discussions for how to register.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello to all  (Read 5545 times)

gtmm

Hello to all
« on: Time Format »

First, a huge thanks to Dante and any others responsible for setting up this forum. The information is great and it's good to know people still use the ADA stuff.

I bought my MP-1 new in 1987 or 1988. I didn't use it that much then mainly because I played mostly acoustic archtop Gibsons, but I did mess around with it.

Then I was in a car accident and couldn't play guitar at all for sixteen or so years due to nerve damage in my left arm and hand. Started playing again about a month ago, and I'm stumbling along getting my left hand technique back.

I've been playing my LP GT through the MP-1 and I forgot how nice of a pre it is. The MP-1 is totally stock (even has the orginal tubes) but it sounds much better than I remember.

I'll be recapping it soon (along with six other rack units and a Soundcraft board) and will most likely get the power transformer upgrade from MJMP and do the noise mod also at that time.

Just wanted to say hi, thank the admins, and everyone else for the great forum.

gtmm

Peter H. Boer

• 2* MB-1 1*MP-1 + Jur's old Mod4Mk2
    • The Granny Attic
Re: Hello to all
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Well hi and welcome  :thumb-up:
Nothing beats MB-1s and MP-1s with MDRTs

http://www.thegrannyattic.com
http://www.Illumion.net
http://www.sote.nl

gtmm

« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

Thanks for the welcome, Peter! Hope all is good!

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

Hey gtmm, welcome to the depot, glad to have you with us  :wave:
Cheers Richard
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

gtmm

« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

rnolan,

Thanks for the welcome!

I've read most of your posts and have to thank you for making me aware of MJMP's MDRT upgrade for the MP-1. Not that others haven't discussed it, but I became aware of it through your posts on this forum. Also, your comments on tubes, and sources of, have lead me to knocking off the rust on issues I knew so well thirty years ago, yet had forgotten.

Happy to be here, and I hope I can contribute in some way in the future.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

Hey gtmm, I hope your nerve damage is improving, not being able to play for that long.. :facepalm: .. One thing for sure is your MP1 will encourage you sound wise to get back into it and no doubt it will accelerate your healing (I certainly hope so  :thumb-up: ). I've lost my left hand index finger, cut a tendon with a very sharp chisel, I can play flat runs with it and barre (after an operation), but if I want to bend and blues I use 2,3,4.
There are some very good people here  :bow: , we'll all help were we can  :thumb-up: and happy to just hear your thoughts/experiences/opinions etc
Cheers Richard
« Last Edit: Time Format by rnolan »

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #6 on: Time Format »

Missed this one,so a little late but hi and welcome!

gtmm

« Reply #7 on: Time Format »

MarshallJMP,

Thanks for the welcome! I've been having a fun time with my MP-1 in the last week even with twenty-seven year old tubes and electrolytic capacitors! Still sounds pretty decent though, given this.

rnolan,

Thanks very much for your encouragement, and I'm really sorry to hear about your index finger. I've just been banging away on phones with my LP and MP-1 getting my left hand back and it feels great to play again, despite the physical shortcomings. Gave up on trying to play my archtops for right now, but you were right -- the  MP-1 is letting me play with pretty good tone which keeps me playing and building up my hand strength.

Hope everyone is well!

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #8 on: Time Format »

Hey gtmm, that's great to hear  :thumb-up: Hey not being able to play for all those years would have been worse than my index finger. It's not too bad, I can't do all that fiddly open chord stuff as easily, like C with G bass etc but after the operation I can barre and play 4 finger flat runs (stabalised the tip), it's only when I get the thumb over the top and do bluesy bends etc then I have to revert to 2, 3, 4.  But my pinky is pretty well developed after 42 years  >:D .
I'd proffer your tubes could maybe could use a change ?, but if they haven't been played much for all that time they may well be fine. Anyway, your inspired and that's the main thing  :whoohoo!: .
Cheers R
Pages: [1]   Go Up