ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Temp "Time Format" issue Fix in Discussions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Price Check: B200s  (Read 5272 times)

kfowler8

Price Check: B200s
« on: Time Format »

I found a B200s to pair with my MP-1. It's $125 including shipping. Thoughts on the price. Checking Ebay, the only sold listing they have was a best offer accepted + $30 shipping. They were asking $100 so figure they sold it for $120 with shipping.

What's your thoughts?

Thanks,

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
Re: Price Check: B200s
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Seems to me like a fair deal.

kfowler8

« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

Seems to me like a fair deal.

Thanks but bummed. I just heard from the store and apparently one of the channels is not working. So it's a no go. I'll have to keep an eye out.

kawai2g4b

« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

Crap, sorry about that. Well, they will show up on eBay every once in a while.  I'm surprised the store took the amp in considering it has a dead channel.
Pearce G2R with ADA TFX4 in loop.
ADA MB-1/B500B
And other non ADA stuff.

Kawai AQ-500 guitar, Korean Fender Lite Ash Strat, Electra X930 MPC modded, G&L L2K basses, Peavey T40, Fernandes basses.

kfowler8

« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

Crap, sorry about that. Well, they will show up on eBay every once in a while.  I'm surprised the store took the amp in considering it has a dead channel.

They dropped the price to $70 plus shipping. Still not worth it to me.

Thanks for the help guys.

kawai2g4b

« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

No problem, if I see another I will give you a shout.  I will say that the Mosvalve 962 power amp is a great MP-1 match.  If you keep your eyes peeled, you can find one for around the price of that B200S you were looking at.   The additional presence knob gives it a bit of flexibility.  If I see anything I will let you know.
Pearce G2R with ADA TFX4 in loop.
ADA MB-1/B500B
And other non ADA stuff.

Kawai AQ-500 guitar, Korean Fender Lite Ash Strat, Electra X930 MPC modded, G&L L2K basses, Peavey T40, Fernandes basses.

kfowler8

« Reply #6 on: Time Format »

No problem, if I see another I will give you a shout.  I will say that the Mosvalve 962 power amp is a great MP-1 match.  If you keep your eyes peeled, you can find one for around the price of that B200S you were looking at.   The additional presence knob gives it a bit of flexibility.  If I see anything I will let you know.

Thanks. I've been on the lookout for the Mosvalve as well.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #7 on: Time Format »

Did they say why the channel was dead ?, if it hasn't fried, it may just need all the solder joins re-flowed, mine's sitting in a box waiting for me to do it as one channel is very crackly.  MJMP said this is sometimes the solder joins around the power supply.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

kfowler8

« Reply #8 on: Time Format »

Did they say why the channel was dead ?, if it hasn't fried, it may just need all the solder joins re-flowed, mine's sitting in a box waiting for me to do it as one channel is very crackly.  MJMP said this is sometimes the solder joins around the power supply.

All they said was no sound was coming out of channel A. I don't think they know more than that. If it was local I'd consider it since I'm fairly handing at fixing things with some guidance. I just don't think when you add shipping on top of it it's worth it. Especially when you can get a fully functioning one for around $100.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #9 on: Time Format »

True, hope another comes up for you soon, they are a very good power amp.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few
Pages: [1]   Go Up