ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note "Depot New Registrations Temporarily Suspended" Please see discussions for how to register.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: EQ for ADA MP-1 rig ?  (Read 10814 times)

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
EQ for ADA MP-1 rig ?
« on: Time Format »

From another post (Any eq suggestions (parametric and/or graphic) at a reasonable price?(http://adadepot.com/index.php?topic=217.0)), the context is to use with his MP1, he has a TC G Force which may be an option for eq ?  Any of you guys got some suggestions (apart from the obvious MQ-1)?
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Panagiotisrx7

• musicteachers
Re: EQ for ADA MP-1 rig ?
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Thanks for the topic, hope to turn helpful for more ADA users!

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

No worries, I've noticed quite a few depot members use eq in their setup so there should be some good suggestions based on their experience.  Coz really the only way you can tell if you like the sound of an eq is to hear it.  :thumb-up:

Duke of Metal

« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

I my self when ever I had a full rack rig, i always craved getting an EQ or a BBE sonic maximizer, a tone enhancer, etc.. and honestly, I always ended up removing everything and playing with my MP-1 3TM into a VHT 2/50/2 and info a 4x12 Cabinet.  Power Tube volume makes the MP-1 shine alot more than an EQ.  I did always have a Noise Gate through.  You can go wrong with the ISP Decimator.

when i did have an EQ, I always found my self playing around and adjusting the EQ than I was playing.

My recommendation, turn the power amp to a higher volume and adjust the MP-1 gain according.  Remember that OD1 is more the "Fluid" gain and OD2 is the "chug gain".  Having higher output Pickups on your guitar means using Less OD1 possibly.  It'll all depend on your setup of course and your picking style.

Hope that helps.

Good luck

Duke of Metal

« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

Here's a tone sample of what my MP-1 3TM rig sounded like:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0KT8qkJFF8

the Rocktron Intellifex was completely bypassed in that sample.   I used a Lespaul custom with a Duncan Distortion pickup in the bridge and an MXR Booster infront of my rig for very very minor boost.

Enjoy :)

RobbHell

« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

Presonus made a very cool and compact Parametric EQ. Try your best to stay from Graphic/Slider EQ's. Being an Audio Engineer on the side Parametric EQ are accurate and can dial any sound in or out for your taste an needs. Listen to Master of Puppets and albums since then. That's the only way to make Mesa distortion sound good. I have to do the same to make my Engl sound cool.

RandallRG

« Reply #6 on: Time Format »

the Rocktron Intellifex was completely bypassed in that sample.   I used a Lespaul custom with a Duncan Distortion pickup in the bridge and an MXR Booster infront of my rig for very very minor boost.

Duke hey Dude hows it going? Just wanted to say that your Video sounds pretty Killer! Take it easy Brother! LONG LIVE THE M-E-T-A-L! \m/ :metal:

Duke of Metal

« Reply #7 on: Time Format »

Duke hey Dude hows it going? Just wanted to say that your Video sounds pretty Killer! Take it easy Brother! LONG LIVE THE M-E-T-A-L! \m/ :metal:
I am good bro.  its been a while.  Hope all is well with you :) :thumb-up:

Soloist

• Take No Prisoners...Take No Sh!t
« Reply #8 on: Time Format »

I run a DOD 2 channel 15 band eq in my rig. so each side right and left has its own eq. Keeps it all in stereo. I run it in the fx loop of my line mixer after my quadraverb. My 8 unit rack is full so I put the eq in the back!
« Last Edit: Time Format by Soloist »
Live Rig:
Fractal Audio FM3 ver 1.06
Boss GT 100 ver.2.11
Switching- Radial Engineering Big Shot I/O v2 - Radial Engineering Pro D2 Stereo Direct Box
Power - Live Wire Power Conditioning Distribution System
Monitors  - (2) FRFR-112 Headrush Stage monitors
Axes - Charvel So Cal Pro Mod-Jackson DK2MQ Pro-Jackson USA Soloist-Ibanez RG3XXV
ADA gear: MP1- MP2 - MT200
Studio gear- way too much to list.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #9 on: Time Format »

You could use the eq in Quadverb and retire the DOD ? Never used it myself but it looked ok ?

Soloist

• Take No Prisoners...Take No Sh!t
« Reply #10 on: Time Format »

I use the eq in the qverb to add mids and the DOD to cut mids depeding on which guitar or what tune I am playing. So I don't need to mess with them. One of them is always on.
Live Rig:
Fractal Audio FM3 ver 1.06
Boss GT 100 ver.2.11
Switching- Radial Engineering Big Shot I/O v2 - Radial Engineering Pro D2 Stereo Direct Box
Power - Live Wire Power Conditioning Distribution System
Monitors  - (2) FRFR-112 Headrush Stage monitors
Axes - Charvel So Cal Pro Mod-Jackson DK2MQ Pro-Jackson USA Soloist-Ibanez RG3XXV
ADA gear: MP1- MP2 - MT200
Studio gear- way too much to list.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #11 on: Time Format »

I did this just using different MP1/2 patches but then I always found the ADA eq fine and didn't want/need additional eq. Also the MP2 has a 7 band graphic as well (which I use very sparingly on some patches). But hey lots of other ADAers here also use additional eq. I try to have as little in the signal path as possible as it all adds noise and affects your gain structure. Moreover, I've used lots of different eq units over the years, particularly doing live sound, they vary quite allot, some are nice and transparent (tend to cost allot) and some sound really crap (but often look good LOL). Also sound/audio engineering 101, eq as little as possible, bypass preferred.
Pages: [1]   Go Up