ADA Depot Too - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Board added for "Routing & Patching" in Lets Get Technical

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: MP2 Instant Volume Increase  (Read 800 times)

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
Re: MP2 Instant Volume Increase
« Reply #15 on: Time Format »

I did that too, but it only worked temporarily. I cleaned the jacks with de-oxit (then inserting/pulling out a cord 1,000 times)
ADA Gear: MP-1 Classic | MP-2 | Viper Combo | MicroTube 200 | MicroFet | MXC w/Quad Switch
Current Live Rig (wait 10 min., it'll change): Carvin V3m head into my Viper combo as a speaker cab, using my TCE G-System via 4CM.

Kim

• Administrator
  • Circle in the Night, a Fire within.
« Reply #16 on: Time Format »

I changed the patch cable ( which I bought new) with my another old one and as yet, I hear no problem.....

I did that too, but it only worked temporarily. I cleaned the jacks with de-oxit (then inserting/pulling out a cord 1,000 times)

My #1 MP-2 started doing this about 2 months ago, seemingly at random.  I cleaned the jacks and switches as best I could and hoped for the best.  However, it still happened randomly so I bought another MP-2 for backup.  Wouldn't you know, the #2 unit did the same thing.    :(
Now, I'm experimenting by actually using BOTH MP-2s in my Live Rig.  #1 is used as a preamp/compressor for the EHX "9" pedal section of my rig, and #2 is my guitar preamp.  #1 has nothing in its Loops, and is currently working flawlessly there.  #2 continued to do the Volume Increase at random, and it is using the Loops.  The last time it happened, I reached back there and wiggled stuff around while it was acting up and appeared that one of the patch cables was causing it.  I pulled that particular pair of cables (shit Radio Shack ones) out and replaced them with new cables of a better quality.  Since then, it has only happened once so far and just a little wiggle of the cable inside the jack fixed it.   

I have concluded that the problem must be within the jack itself, and not the cables or switch.
RIG OF FIRE:  ADA MP-2, Rocktron Xpression, Peavey Classic 120, Gator pedalboard, Rolls MidiBuddy, Dunlop 95Q wah, D'Addario Pedal Tuner, 4x12 cab w/Celestion Vintage 30s.
Mellotron/organ section:  EHX Mel9, EHX C9, Boss PH-3, Saturnworks A/B switch, Vox V860 volume, ADA MP-2, Musysic poweramp, 4x12 cab with EHX/B-52 speakers.
UPDATED DIAGRAMS
HOME/STUDIO/COMBOS/STUFF:  Peavey JSX halfstack, Peavey Transtube Supreme, Carvin 4x12, Crate G60XL, Crate Powerblock, Saturnworks Saturn Fuzz, ProCo Rat, EHX Soul Food, Ibanez Smashbox, Saturnworks buffered splitter, Morley Tremonti wah, Peavey PV6, Korg DTR-1000, ADA MPC, Mr Black Bloodmoon.
GUITARS:  Jackson KE3-DiMarzio Breed/PAF Pro, Jackson KE3-DiMarzio Breed/PAF Pro/nickel covers, Silvertone P-bass, '70s Gretsch Dorado acoustic.
WISHLIST

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
« Reply #17 on: Time Format »

I have concluded that the problem must be within the jack itself, and not the cables or switch.

I have to agree. I came to the same conclusion with mine, but I just stopped using it. It embarrassed me at a gig and that was it  :nono:
ADA Gear: MP-1 Classic | MP-2 | Viper Combo | MicroTube 200 | MicroFet | MXC w/Quad Switch
Current Live Rig (wait 10 min., it'll change): Carvin V3m head into my Viper combo as a speaker cab, using my TCE G-System via 4CM.

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #18 on: Time Format »

What happends if you set the loop to off?

Kim

• Administrator
  • Circle in the Night, a Fire within.
« Reply #19 on: Time Format »

What happends if you set the loop to off?

I haven't tried that, but I will remember to check that whenever the problem comes back again.   :wave:
RIG OF FIRE:  ADA MP-2, Rocktron Xpression, Peavey Classic 120, Gator pedalboard, Rolls MidiBuddy, Dunlop 95Q wah, D'Addario Pedal Tuner, 4x12 cab w/Celestion Vintage 30s.
Mellotron/organ section:  EHX Mel9, EHX C9, Boss PH-3, Saturnworks A/B switch, Vox V860 volume, ADA MP-2, Musysic poweramp, 4x12 cab with EHX/B-52 speakers.
UPDATED DIAGRAMS
HOME/STUDIO/COMBOS/STUFF:  Peavey JSX halfstack, Peavey Transtube Supreme, Carvin 4x12, Crate G60XL, Crate Powerblock, Saturnworks Saturn Fuzz, ProCo Rat, EHX Soul Food, Ibanez Smashbox, Saturnworks buffered splitter, Morley Tremonti wah, Peavey PV6, Korg DTR-1000, ADA MPC, Mr Black Bloodmoon.
GUITARS:  Jackson KE3-DiMarzio Breed/PAF Pro, Jackson KE3-DiMarzio Breed/PAF Pro/nickel covers, Silvertone P-bass, '70s Gretsch Dorado acoustic.
WISHLIST

Hanneman213

« Reply #20 on: Time Format »

Update; I was very happy to solve this one, yesterday I was having fun with my new Mooer Radar with various Impulse responses through headphone, but it repeated. Tried 3 different cables, all 4 outputs (including recording outputs). It was random. I was doing it though my TC Gmajor 2, ( when I play with headphones Tc began to be noisy  :facepalm:)
I activated noise gate of tc. Later I plugged MP2 Only. The Noise gone, gain turned back and first I thought the problem was on G Major2. But The problem repeated again  I was about to burn and throw it from the window. Left them simply, without gathering anything, went to bed.
ESP Standart V>ADA MP2>TC G Major2>ADA Ampulator>Rocktron Velocity>Mesa Rectifier1x12

Hanneman213

« Reply #21 on: Time Format »

I turned to out in stereo fx loop, I will try in this way.
ESP Standart V>ADA MP2>TC G Major2>ADA Ampulator>Rocktron Velocity>Mesa Rectifier1x12

Hanneman213

« Reply #22 on: Time Format »

Day Two: No problem yet. Besides, I dont use FX loop, I connect serial. So I shut down completely.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up