ADA Depot Too - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note "Depot New Registrations Temporarily Suspended" Please see discussions for how to register.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Broken - Furman PM-8E Series II Power Conditioner  (Read 1228 times)

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook

Guy's you both are a great help.  Really I am in debt to you for always helping me out.  I mean that sincerely and others on here who are a constant font of knowledge.  I actually wish I was properly electrically engineer minded (I might take a course time if I ever get time).

MJMP totally much appreciated my man!  :thumb-up:  I look forward to getting back to Belgium with the band, or even as a tourist.  I loved that tour, it was an amazing experience.  To get to meet you then in the process of that was a mega bonus.  And to think my tone was nowhere near as good as it is now (shorter cable runs my friend  ;) like you always said) so I'd be keen for you to hear how it all sounds now I'm fully fledged rack user.  Then again, I've developed a flight rig with only one rack unit in it  :facepalm: but has a high voltage preamp pedal at the heart  :whoohoo!:

As for the Furman.  I'd replace that one cap, may be a few other bits here and there and no doubt it will take me a while to get the time to do it.  But it sounds/seems possible that there are other parts in there that have A) taken some beating or B) could possibly be screwed already.  So Rusty I may take you up on your offer.  I will perhaps get to checking the components out to see where we are first of all though so we will take it from there.  It's nice to have a challenge but can be really time consuming what with all the other shit I got going on (and plus I'm lazy too  :lol:) .

Ok guy's so here is the next question, what do you think caused this?  I thought these furman PC's were meant to indestructible??  I can definitely tell you I was not the one messing about inside with the unit.  It's stayed in my rack since I bought it of ebay a few years back and powered everything nicely.  Until a few weeks ago.

Again thanks to both you guys.

« Last Edit: Time Format by rabidgerry »
"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL

Resurrecting this thread despite the unit seemingly working now I replaced the brown cap.  I'm going to replace those black Panasonic caps.

How can I clean off the black tar like substance that is on the PCB's?  I will re-cap this unit and sell it I think.

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member

Hey RG, you can buy PCB cleaning stuff (spray?).  Not sure what a good brand is for that.
Studio Rig: MP2/MB1 > Eurorack UB2442FX-Pro > TC M-One XL > Behringer Truths (with Truth Sub) / QUAD ESL 63s
Live Rig: MP2/MB1 > Alesis Quadverb > Alesis Midiverb 4 > Yamaha AM802 > B200s/Carvin TS100/DCM200L > ADA Split Stacks/Mesa P112s

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL

Hey RG, you can buy PCB cleaning stuff (spray?).  Not sure what a good brand is for that.
  I dunno, I thought most people used alcohol the isopropyl stuff.  I dunno if that is going to shift the black tar like substance.  I could try it.

bunkyloo

• Tones for days with my ADA's !

CRC makes a ton of electrical sprays , cleaners etc. It's all over the states but try amazon I have gotten it from amazon before.

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL

I will have a look.  Also see them on amazon too  :thumb-up: Thanks for that.

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net

CRC also sells under the "kontakt chemie" brand name in Europe.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up