ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note "Depot New Registrations Temporarily Suspended" Please see discussions for how to register.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Jordan Rudess' Geo Synthesizer app  (Read 1426 times)

vansinn

Jordan Rudess' Geo Synthesizer app
« on: Time Format »

So, I was going through Maytal Cohen's latest drum licks, when I noticed the vid below, thinking she would just be playing along as usual, but noooe, it's the real deal.

Fun thing is they made virtually the whole song on Jordan's Geo Synthesizer app.
EDIT: At least I think/thought he made it, dunno..  found some videos he made 7 years ago, so..

Anyways, what do you think of it (the app)?  Having very limited space, keyboard is out of the question, so this just might be that thang..

« Last Edit: Time Format by van Sinn »

Zilthy

• My Youtube Channel
Re: Jordan Rudess' Geo Synthesizer app
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

That looks really interesting.   I might have to give that a try.  I do have a keyboard, but have been thinking about getting some kind of a pad.

The Roli keyboards and pads look interesting also (and good for a small space) but are quite expensive.

vansinn

Re: Jordan Rudess' Geo Synthesizer app
« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

Jordan has a short video (tube: diH3bOAC3aU) about how to integrate the Geo app with Sample Tank; this makes for quite a comprehensive arsenal of sounds - and the Geo even has it's own sound sampler.

As may be known, I currently live in a trailer, so space is damn tight.  I'd love me a Fatar Studiologic board with gradually weighted keys. primarily for playing piano, but even though their SL types are fairly slim, still a problem, especially as I'd need additional gear for the sounds, like one or two 9½" devices.
However, Once I shop a used ipad, I could run Geo app, ST and whatever other sounds for the keyboard, and have me a fairly complete - and compact - setup for anything piano and orchestral + those other funny sounds.
Pages: [1]   Go Up