ADA Depot Too - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Lets get Technical > All Things Tube All about preamp and power amp Tubes.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Microtube 100 Transformers  (Read 801 times)

Yazoo55

Microtube 100 Transformers
« on: Time Format »

Does anybody know the specs for the two transformers in the Microtube 100 please? I would like to have a go at building one. I'm thinking of doing a single channel version. I've had a look through the available schematics and was unable to spot this.

And another request - if you have any close up photos of the circuit boards, I would find them very helpful. I've found a few on the web but the quality is not very high.

It's always a learning process. I now know what a Pepi switch is - a thermostat to switch off the power if it gets too hot, great name. :)
« Last Edit: Time Format by Yazoo55 »

Yazoo55

Re: Microtube 100 Transformers
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

I went ahead and built this and it works which is always a relief. I used the schematics from this site. I was a bit worried about a note describing a current limiting piggyback board which was retrofitted to the main board. I couldn't work out how this was wired. Fortunately, my build seems perfectly happy without this. I haven't had any blown fuses. I bought a cheap KVM rack off eBay to fit it all in and got the main PCB manufactured in China. I used a couple of back-to-back transformers in place of the custom transformer which supplies the 12AX7 heater and plate voltages. These were quite cheap, again off eBay.

I have attached a picture. I am using it with a clone of the Alembic F2B I built and it gives a very clean sound.

bunkyloo

• Tones for days with my ADA's !
« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

:thumb-up: Totally cool!

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

Nice :thumb-up:

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

Wow nice job  :thumb-up: :whoohoo!:
Studio Rig: MP2/MB1 > Eurorack UB2442FX-Pro > TC M-One XL > Behringer Truths (with Truth Sub) / QUAD ESL 63s
Live Rig: MP2/MB1 > Alesis Quadverb > Alesis Midiverb 4 > Yamaha AM802 > B200s/Carvin TS100/DCM200L > ADA Split Stacks/Mesa P112s

Aelfad

« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

So how did you figure out the trasformers' specs?
Anyway, I'm impressed!
Pages: [1]   Go Up