ADA Depot Too - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note "Depot New Registrations Temporarily Suspended" Please see discussions for how to register.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Any Love For The Digitech Valve FX?  (Read 20224 times)

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
Re: Any Love For The Digitech Valve FX?
« Reply #45 on: Time Format »

Hey Chip, it seems from the manual (simple block diagram) that you can bypass the distortion section (just after the compressor) thus feed in a signal (albeit at inst level) and then just apply effects to it.  The outputs will be line level so you will need to adjust for that.  So depends on how you patch it.  As the input is designed for a guitar, you'll have to be careful not to overload it but it should work.
Studio Rig: MP2/MB1 > Eurorack UB2442FX-Pro > TC M-One XL > Behringer Truths (with Truth Sub) / QUAD ESL 63s
Live Rig: MP2/MB1 > Alesis Quadverb > Alesis Midiverb 4 > Yamaha AM802 > B200s/Carvin TS100/DCM200L > ADA Split Stacks/Mesa P112s

Chip Roberts

• Anything worth doing is worth overdoing.
    • Chip Roberts Official
« Reply #46 on: Time Format »

I haven't taken much time with this unit to dial anything in or rackmount it, so I'm just using it as a practice amp right now through the effects return of my Spider Valve.  It has some gnarly cleans, all way too overblown for what I need right now, so I'm mostly interested in dumbing it down a bit. 

I see that there are explicit instructions saying NOT to plug in a standard MIDI foot controller into one of the jacks because it'll blow up the unit or something, so I guess I need to search for the Control One if I actually want to use the whammy function.  Anyone know of a workaround?  An adapter, maybe?
Rack of Death:
MP1 v1.38/Alesis Midiverb II/Marshall Valvestate 8004

Rack of Back:
MP1 v2.01/ART SGE Mach II/MosValve 1160

Pedalboard:
Boss TU2, Mooer Pitchbox, Boss BF2, Boss CE5, MXR EVH Phase 90, Behringer HB01 Wah/ART X15 Ultrafoot/

Cabinet:
Custom 2X12 with WGS Retro 30/HM75

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #47 on: Time Format »

I just had a quick look at the manual and it does have midi in and out. You just have to be carefull not to plug in the midi controller into the footswitch connector since this input uses the same 5 pin connector as midi. So hooking up a midi pedal to the midi in is no problem. It does midi program and control change.
« Last Edit: Time Format by MarshallJMP »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up