ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Lets get Technical > All Things Tube All about preamp and power amp Tubes.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Crazy times these days  (Read 4163 times)

vansinn

Crazy times these days
« on: Time Format »

Sorry for my absence, but things has been, and still are, more than crazy.

Got my apartment sold, but lost almost all I own in the exodus.
When I got to the attic room I'd borrowed, it had been locked by a janitor, and were only opened one hour before I had to be out of the apartment.
The Realtor, on behalf of the buyer, called a moving biz, who cleaned my apartment; all went to the backyard, some got stolen, I managed to save instruments, gear and toolboxes, most all else went to a trash site.
I ended actually on the streets, had a couple of weeks with my mom, trying to figure out what to do next.
My mom is really a nice lady, but didn't allow me staying long enough to figure out a functional longer strategy.

With very small finances available, I wanted to buy a camper, but couldn't focus on the research due to mom's pressure.
So, instead, I ended up renting a transit cabin on a camping site for three month, to have time and cover for thinking.
I have the clothes I'm wearing + shaver and toothbrush. Oh, and extra socks and underthings, so no biggie :facepalm:

I needed to sell as much as possible, and two very nice Aussies who wanted to buy some unfortunately send the money faster than I was able to deliver.
My new wireless weren't functional right away, so I didn't know money had already entered.
Once situated in the transit hut, first my neck locked up and then a foot injury broke up, both because of all the stress.
I couldn't walk, hardly even do shopping, so couldn't go get my remaining few things, and get the parcel delivered.
I finally had to return the money, and still feel so bad for not being able to deliver.

Now, the above sounds trouble enough, but wait, worse is coming..
Meeting with my bank, looking like final arrangement to my residual debt, but oh no, they didn't tell me more was coming.
I now had 185.00 dkk in residual debt. Few weeks later, they added another 80.000.
They then rearranged it to 259.500 dkk at 10.65% over 21 years! And they'll score 373.000 dkk on compound interest.

I'm completely devastated. I've written a five-page complaint to the bank manager; results pending.
In the process of 1½ month foot injury, I likely lost the option to buy a decent camper, plus vacant slots almost gone.
Five more weeks in the hut; from there on, I haven't got a clue as to where to live.
Signing up for one of the Mars trips is starting to sound promising..

The above is really a mere condensate; the real horror story is much longer.

Sorry for not having more up-lifting news.
But wait!  While being locked-in to my 14 sqm hut, I virtually finished two 100-page books, and wrote 105 pages on another, plus 60 pages on a fourth. My English has vastly improved. At least it seems so.
Do forward me the address of a hungry publisher, if you please!

We've got free-wheeling rabbits here; very cute.  Someone f*cked for open windows, fun, like 102 dB (A-weighted) ;)
And my foot is finally almost in working, walking order.
So, I can now start looking for job. If salary could be enabled, living space can be acquired.
Trying to be pragmatically practical. Black humor is the rule of day.

"Making a comeback can be more difficult than the first time, when you only had to come"
« Last Edit: Time Format by van Sinn »

Kim

• Administrator
  • If it's too Loud...you're gonna get more of THAT.
Re: Crazy times these days
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Man.   :(      Hope something gets better; sending good thoughts and vibes your way. 

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

Dang. van, I do wish you the absolute best. Been wondering whassup.

You are in a difficult spot, but your heart is not. Keep your chin up, things will turn around - ever so slowly. Little steps at first, but better each day.

Dante

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

Hey Sinn,

Sounds like your dues are paid brother! Wishing you all the best from here on out!
I only have two brain cells left, ...and I'm saving them for the weekend!

Samuraipanda

« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

One of the greatest things about the ADA Depot is that it is so much more than just resistors and tubes and transformers. Van, I'm glad you shared this. Not glad you're going through it but glad that we can all share our lives, etc.
I know that for me some of the great conversations I've had with Kim and Harley have definitely lifted my spirits even if they didn't know I needed the boost that day.
I'm sending all the good JuJu and Vibes I've got today. I can't imagine having to deal with all you are dealing with. I will keep you in my thoughts these next few weeks and hope things turn your way.
In the meantime keep pushing, keep fighting, keep finding ways to get through this and know you can lean on this great group of people.

Remember: "Steel sharpens Steel"

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

Hmm, this is a hard one... Van, all you have to do is ship the 4 units to us, hey MikeB already paid you for his part and had to rescind it before paypal deadline (as very little coms from you and no gear??), we are tying to help  :dunno: and do appreciate you are doing it tough (hence we responded to your pls buy some stuff).
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few
Pages: [1]   Go Up