ADA Depot Too - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need a Schematic? Check the Vault *MP-1 Classic Schematics Just Added!!

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20]   Go Down

Author Topic: dealing with GAS  (Read 42885 times)

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
Re: dealing with GAS
« Reply #285 on: Time Format »

Hey Zilthy

You say "If my 2FX I have were MIDI capable" what do you mean, just to get it to switch with midi? or do you want more?

Just switching would be all I need.  Obviously, being able to change delay time and level between rhythm and solos would be great, but also not very realistic.

Well I was already thinking of making something so you can use midi to switch it.

Zilthy

• My Youtube Channel
« Reply #286 on: Time Format »

Hey Zilthy

You say "If my 2FX I have were MIDI capable" what do you mean, just to get it to switch with midi? or do you want more?

Just switching would be all I need.  Obviously, being able to change delay time and level between rhythm and solos would be great, but also not very realistic.

Well I was already thinking of making something so you can use midi to switch it.

Cool.  Are you thinking of an external controller and using it's normal controller line, or something more onboard?  You've got me thinking, I wonder if something could be prototyped using a Raspberry PI.   It would be helpful to know what the actual controller is actually doing.

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #287 on: Time Format »

I was thinking of a external controller, power supplied by the 2fx. A pi would be overkill for this, I was thinking of a 8 bit PIC controller and making a small pcb.
The 2FX is voltage controlled. Also I was thinking that it would be great if I could find a way to make the 2FX stereo.

Chip Roberts

• Anything worth doing is worth overdoing.
    • Chip Roberts Official
« Reply #288 on: Time Format »

Just picked up Jon Levin's Marshall from a buddy of mine who wasn't using it.  He's letting me borrow it for an indefinite period of time.  Vintage JCM800 with an extra gain stage, a fat switch, and one other mod that I don't recall.  Slaved my MP1 to the front end and, honestly, my Valvestate does a bang-up job in comparison to emulating a real Marshall power section.
Rack of Death:
MP1 v1.38/Alesis Midiverb II/Marshall Valvestate 8004

Rack of Back:
MP1 v2.01/ART SGE Mach II/MosValve 1160

Pedalboard:
Boss TU2, Mooer Pitchbox, Boss BF2, Boss CE5, MXR EVH Phase 90, Behringer HB01 Wah/ART X15 Ultrafoot/

Cabinet:
Custom 2X12 with WGS Retro 30/HM75

Zilthy

• My Youtube Channel
« Reply #289 on: Time Format »

So.... I've been playing the last couple of months, still rotating gear around, mostly happy with setup.   But, I've been thinking "I really do miss a 4x12"

And my 2x12 is a good 2x12 (Mesa Boogie Recto Vertical) currently with Greenbacks in, but still have the V30s for it.  But, it's not a 4x12.

And I keep thinking about that EVH 4x12 that has the G12EVH speakers (Basically heritage greenbacks).  And I remind myself, there is no way I will fit that cab in my car (a Beetle).

Well, I held out for a couple of months.  I ordered the cab the other night.  It will be here tomorrow.  I went in the following morning and bought a van.  To haul the amp.  To rehearsals and gigs.  That I might or might not ever play.  Or even know if I want to join a band again.

But, I now have a 4x12.  And can haul it!

EDIT:  In fairness, the vehicle switch is also saving me almost $200 / month between payments and insurance.  So, there is that, but I find it amusing I can trace that decision back to GAS.
« Last Edit: Time Format by Zilthy »

van Sinn

• Know Thy Self. Know Thy Law. Do What Thy Willst
« Reply #290 on: Time Format »

Powerful currency is..
..but it's buggy!
- it's software..
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20]   Go Up