ADA Depot Too - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Lets get Technical > All Things Tube All about preamp and power amp Tubes.

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]   Go Down

Author Topic: dealing with GAS  (Read 32515 times)

Chip Roberts

• Anything worth doing is worth overdoing.
    • Chip Roberts Official
Re: dealing with GAS
« Reply #255 on: Time Format »

It sounds fine, but the programming isn't very intuitive.  It won't allow you to map presets to a different corresponding MIDI number.  Ex: say you want to hit 2 on your footswitch and it turns on 36 on the DSP128.  Where the Digitech is concerned, 2 selects preset 2 and this CANNOT be changed.  It's automatically mapped 1:1, so if you want a preset to correspond to your button then you have to copy it over to that slot.  The only reason I bought this unit was because my SPX90II crapped out (AGAIN) and I needed a backup reverb!
Rack of Death:
MP1 v1.38/Alesis Midiverb II/Marshall Valvestate 8004

Rack of Back:
MP1 v2.01/ART SGE Mach II/MosValve 1160

Pedalboard:
Boss TU2, Mooer Pitchbox, Boss BF2, Boss CE5, MXR EVH Phase 90, Behringer HB01 Wah/ART X15 Ultrafoot/

Cabinet:
Custom 2X12 with WGS Retro 30/HM75

Chucky

• Long Live JURRRRIIIIIIE!!!!
« Reply #256 on: Time Format »

Chucky - check out this forum for help with your Boston phase:
https://rockman-gearup.com
Thanks for the tip. Never thought of trying to find such a forum.
EMGs suck my energies.

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook
« Reply #257 on: Time Format »

Latest GAS

Gallien Krueger 2100CPL
Rockman Distortion Generator

and as of today!

Peavey Classic 50/50

Do I need that amp  :???:

Nope I have two fine power amp that are ample for my needs.  Why buy the Peavey  :???:

GAS  :facepalm:  Could be more trouble than it's worth, has 12 tubes!
"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Harley Benton GPA400
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"

Chip Roberts

• Anything worth doing is worth overdoing.
    • Chip Roberts Official
« Reply #258 on: Time Format »

You think that's bad?  My GAS kicked in and I tracked down an old Roland GP8 AND Yamaha SPX90 at Trading Musician!  Thankfully I have a couple paying gigs coming up soon, so maybe if the crowds are big enough, then shopping spree?
Rack of Death:
MP1 v1.38/Alesis Midiverb II/Marshall Valvestate 8004

Rack of Back:
MP1 v2.01/ART SGE Mach II/MosValve 1160

Pedalboard:
Boss TU2, Mooer Pitchbox, Boss BF2, Boss CE5, MXR EVH Phase 90, Behringer HB01 Wah/ART X15 Ultrafoot/

Cabinet:
Custom 2X12 with WGS Retro 30/HM75

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #259 on: Time Format »

All GAS is bad, it's total over kill.It's just excessive.  I'd be lying if I said I didn't have stuff I don't need.  I am usually good at selling stuff on that is excess, but sometimes it requires a little motivation.  I always  hang onto some stuff for "just incasey's" lol

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Harley Benton GPA400

Chamai

« Reply #260 on: Time Format »

Haven't been on here awhile. I just moved from Vancouver.bc to Edmonton AB. It's been a crazy few months. Thanks to the stupid hosing prices in Vancouver. We sold and moved into a 3000 plus sqft of living space and an extra condo into rent out from a two bedroom 850 sqft apartment in Vancouver. Waiting for the basement to get some so I can finally have my own jam space. But. I have no friends here haha
Any recent gas people?
« Last Edit: Time Format by Chamai »
ADA MP1/JCM800-- Fulltone TERC/ Eventide Eclipse /Lexicon PCM 81/ TC G Major. Marshall 9005 stereo/ (2) Rocktron 1x12 cabs
Amps:
Marshall JCM 800 100w on Orange 2x12
Marshall JCM 900 MKiii 50W 2x12
Mesa Dual Rectifier 100w on Mesa Rectifier 2x12

Guitars:
2008 Gibson Les Paul standard
2012 Fender American standard Telecaster
1984 Krammer ZX30H

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #261 on: Time Format »

Only pickup gas my man, I actually have to give up the gas, it's too much.  I really have everything I need.  Pickups is probably the last frontier, as many guitars I owen in need of complimentary neck pickups.  I'm about to try a gas bought Dimarzio Evolution Neck in one axe and see how I like it. Also bought a Tone Zone to try it in an axe.

Hope to move my self sometime, house has been for sale for over a year now.  Might ened up stuck here since the UK is about to go dow the f**king toilet and house prices with it.

Kim

• Administrator
  • Circle in the Night, a Fire within.
« Reply #262 on: Time Format »

My GAS levels seem to vary often.  I see my gear as one big puzzle, and everything is just a piece of it.  So once I find something I truly like, I really try to keep that and find other pieces.  Right now as of the last few months I'm not completely happy with my speakers/cabs.  I'd love nothing more than to just skip on down to my local guitar shop and purchase a pair of 4x12s, but wow they (Marshall, Mesa, Peavey) are so expensive even used and looking really beat up.  ~1000 USD for a vintage Marshall 4x12 that looks like it was dragged behind a van for an hour is horseshit.  Hell, 1000 USD for a new cab now is horseshit imo.  But hey, each their own I guess.  Your money, your choice.

I should've never gotten rid of my Marshall JCM900 1960A/1960B cabs I bought brand new nearly 20 years ago when the prices were still only 575 USD each.  Stupid "downsizing my rig" ideas I kick myself for....  >:(
RIG OF FIRE:  ADA MP-2, Rocktron Xpression, Peavey Classic 60/60, Gator pedalboard, Rolls MidiBuddy, Dunlop 95Q wah, D'Addario Pedal Tuner.
Mellotron/organ section:  EHX Mel9, EHX C9, Saturnworks A/B switch, Vox V860 volume, Crate Powerblock.
Two 4x12 cabs:  one custom wired for both 2x12 guitar and 2x12 Mel9 if needed. UPDATED DIAGRAMS
HOME/STUDIO/COMBOS/STUFF:  Peavey JSX halfstack, Crate G60XL, Saturnworks Saturn Fuzz,  EHX Soul Food, ProCo Rat, Ibanez Smashbox, Saturnworks buffered splitter, Morley Tremonti wah, Peavey PV6, Korg DTR-1000, ADA MPC.
GUITARS:  Jackson KE3-DiMarzio Breed/PAF Pro, Jackson KE3-DiMarzio Breed/PAF Pro, Silvertone P-bass, '70s Gretsch Dorado acoustic.
WISHLIST

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #263 on: Time Format »

Man there are some god cheap cabs about, it's worth buying them and then over time swapping the speakers out for better ones.  That's what I did with my Bugera cabs.  And to be honest the first set of Bugera cabs I got, the stock speakers were actually great and probably should have kept them.

Man check out the Harley Benton cab (Thomann own brand) loaded with Vintage 30's

https://www.thomann.de/gb/4x12_guitar_cabinets.html

That's a good price.  Shipping if free after certain amount as well, dunno about to the U.S though.

Chamai

« Reply #264 on: Time Format »

Only pickup gas my man, I actually have to give up the gas, it's too much.  I really have everything I need.  Pickups is probably the last frontier, as many guitars I owen in need of complimentary neck pickups.  I'm about to try a gas bought Dimarzio Evolution Neck in one axe and see how I like it. Also bought a Tone Zone to try it in an axe.

Hope to move my self sometime, house has been for sale for over a year now.  Might ened up stuck here since the UK is about to go dow the f**king toilet and house prices with it.
where you plan on moving to?
ADA MP1/JCM800-- Fulltone TERC/ Eventide Eclipse /Lexicon PCM 81/ TC G Major. Marshall 9005 stereo/ (2) Rocktron 1x12 cabs
Amps:
Marshall JCM 800 100w on Orange 2x12
Marshall JCM 900 MKiii 50W 2x12
Mesa Dual Rectifier 100w on Mesa Rectifier 2x12

Guitars:
2008 Gibson Les Paul standard
2012 Fender American standard Telecaster
1984 Krammer ZX30H

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #265 on: Today at 10:53 AM »

Oh I'm not moving country or anything I'm just trying to move somewhere else in the city, somewhere I feel a little safer and have less disturbance at night. I also have a problem neighbour.  So I want to buy a house that is detached as opposed to semi detached.

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]   Go Up