ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note "Depot New Registrations Temporarily Suspended" Please see discussions for how to register.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: NGD! Steinberger Alert!!  (Read 11513 times)

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
Re: NGD! Steinberger Alert!!
« Reply #15 on: Time Format »

I have the VHS of that whole concert! It's a pretty good live show all the way through :thumb-up:
I only have two brain cells left, ...and I'm saving them for the weekend!

MikeB

« Reply #16 on: Time Format »

Man,  I was totally in the woods, musically until I was in my mid to late teens.  No real influences in my family or many of my friends for that matter. I must have been 15 or 16 when someone first gave me a listen of OU812. I was immediately sucked in. Then I saw Live Without a Net. My jaw hanging open the whole time thinking "I want to do that!". Then I met rnolan (he was 30,  I was 17)and I mentioned that I was interested in learning to play guitar. He immediately began grooming me to be an ADA slut. My first lesson was on his Anderson plugged into his rack with a full backing track just playing a C major scale.  :headbanger:

So,  that clip has been a fantastic little trip down memory lane for me. Thank you.  :banana-dance:
I don't feel tardy!

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #17 on: Time Format »

Wow Dante, looking good  :thumb-up: What PuPs are you putting in it ?

Hey Mike, "grooming"  :dunno: LoL
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

MikeB

« Reply #18 on: Time Format »

Hey Mike, "grooming"  :dunno: LoL

Yeah. Grooming as in "prepare for a position".  He was being groomed for management.
It can also be used to describe a paedophile preparing a child for sex. I certainly did NOT mean it in that context. Having said that, you did take an impressionable teenager and turn him into a rack whore.
I don't feel tardy!

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #19 on: Time Format »

Well not entirely, you did buy a Marshall combo  >:D along the way.

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
« Reply #20 on: Time Format »

Okay, update time!!

There is an Ibanez V8 in the bridge that has been modified with a ceramic magnet. The result is much better articulation from the open chords with a fairly heavy drive tone. Very nice. I tried a DiMarzio Tone Zone initally, but it seems to be busticated - I'm going to send it back to DiMarzio....more news to come.

I have an Ibanez QM2 in the neck right now that sounds amazing on distorted leads. I find it mediocre on clean tones, which is a drag because most of my clean tones are done using the neck PU. I see another neck PU in my future.

It plays pretty well, sounds much better, and best of all, looks cool. I'm stoked because I got a good little giggin' axe for $250

Systematic Chaos

• Administrator
  • Blood type: Becks Positive
« Reply #21 on: Time Format »

Glad you like the modded V8.....the folks at DiMarzio will take care of the ToneZone, no doubt.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #22 on: Time Format »

Hey Dante cool, it's really getting there  :thumb-up: and does look great. Don't know if it's on your radar but the Gibson 57 and 59 PAF reissues are very good PUs in the neck, nice and creamy for bluesy solos and quite good clean sound, my preference is the 57 (have one in my SG) the JPLP came with a 59 PAF in the neck (which I played for days and days when I got it...). And a SD little 59 would go well in the middle position (and you could do some cool switching on it).

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
« Reply #23 on: Time Format »

Update again:

DiMarzio has a 5 year warranty, so I will be repairing ( or destroying) the Tone Zone myself.

Played this lil gizmo at a gig last weekend, it sounded and played great. I had to tune down a half step, which caused some residual tuning issues, but otherwise the guitar was awesome.

Pix below; 1st one = crowded dance floor (can you find the singer?) 2nd one = somebody actually took a picture of me, 3rd one = guest singer covers a couple of Journey tunes for us

« Last Edit: Time Format by Dante »

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #24 on: Time Format »

Hey Dante, great to see you having fun and giving the SB a run  :whoohoo!: :thumb-up:

Systematic Chaos

• Administrator
  • Blood type: Becks Positive
« Reply #25 on: Time Format »

Update again:

DiMarzio has a 5 year warranty, so I will be repairing ( or destroying) the Tone Zone myself.

Played this lil gizmo at a gig last weekend, it sounded and played great. I had to tune down a half step, which caused some residual tuning issues, but otherwise the guitar was awesome.

Pix below; 1st one = crowded dance floor (can you find the singer?) 2nd one = somebody actually took a picture of me, 3rd one = guest singer covers a couple of Journey tunes for us

Bummer with the TZ!! I´m glad that the modded V8 works for you for the time being.
Your new band looks like fun! Rock on!

Zilthy

• My Youtube Channel
« Reply #26 on: Time Format »

Nice guitar!  I could never use a Steinberger myself though.  I just cannot get this out of my head when I think of one:

How can we have decent instruments when we really don't even know how to play?

That is why we need Eddie Van Halend!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up