ADA Depot Too - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Temp "Time Format" issue Fix in Discussions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Peavey Rockmaster  (Read 4917 times)

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook
Peavey Rockmaster
« on: Time Format »

Hi guy's just letting you hear some noodling around and noise from the Peavey Rockmaster.  I dunno what anyone thinks of these pre's on here but I really love them since I have owned mine and they have a superb simplicity to them and massive amount of tone on offer.  I'll do as much variety as I can over the next while.  So far I have clean and Ultra Gain clips.

Gain here has push pull knob engaged for extra boost, gain knob is at 5.8 (not quite at 6)
Bottom about 6.5  Body 3 (push pull not engaged) Edge 7

Guitar is a Squier Showmaster with dp100 in the bridge.  Boss GT5 providing reverb and nothing else.  EPSI providing speaker impulse.
« Last Edit: Time Format by rabidgerry »
"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Harley Benton GPA400
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
Re: Peavey Rockmaster
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Some new riffs I I'm working on.  I haven't nailed this yet and it hurts my fingers at the moment so I will need practice to get over that and make it smoother.

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Harley Benton GPA400

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

some clean.  The clean channel on this is really nice.  Not often I give a shit about clean.

setting are all in the middle bar the presence which is up full.

Soloist

• Take No Prisoners...Take No Sh!t
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

Yeah that Rockmaster sounds F'ing sweet! :thumb-up: Excelllent tone! :bow:

I like the ultra gain riff! Love the gallups :metal:
Clean 2 sounds like an Irish jig :banana-guitar: lol...I know I should have expected it from you! :lol:
Live Rig:
Preamps -ADA MP1-ADA MP2-Marshall JMP1-Digitech GSP1101
Post Effects -TC Electronic G Major2-TC Electronics G Force-BBE 482i
Pre Effects -Boss NS 2-Boss GE 7-Radial Engineering Hot British-Ibanez TS9-MXR M108-Boss SD1
Mixing/Switching -Alesis Multimix8-Voodoo Lab GCP-Voodoo Lab Amp Selector- Radial Engineering Big Shot I/O v2
Power - ADA MT200-Mesa 50/50-Voodoo Lab ISO5 Pedal Power-Furman RP8-Livewire PC1100
Axes - Charvel So Cal Pro Mod-Jackson DK2MQ Pro-Jackson USA Soloist-Ibanez RG3XXV
Cabs -4 2x12 ADA Split Stacks

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

Yeah I love the tone.  I don't scoop really.  Most people I have read about scoop the hell out of this preamp and then complain that it's fizzy.  Well some people should learn how to EQ  :facepalm:

The push pull in the Body control, gives a different tonality again.  So I should record with that pulled out.  It adds a tonne of low mid range.  It becomes even more gutsy.  You can then adjust the edge and bottom controls to suit the shift engaged.  I really like it and it's a simple preamp, althought it has so many effects loops its actually a bit crazy!!!

Feel wise it feels a bit stiffer to play than the 3TM, but not in a bad way.  I'm sure if you wanted a stickier feel certain tubes would change that.  What I have in there at the moment are 1 EHX in the front and the rest are the stock chinese valves from what I can see.

I don't normally play anything clean, but I feel I ignore that side of playing pretty much %100.

I didn't think it sounded Irish traditional at all  :lol:  I have never played anything at all like that, I swear I haven't the faintest idea how to.  Made that up for an intro a long time ago but I can't remember it exactly so I had to just play it they way I thought it went.  May be it is and Irish sounding, I may be would have said "folkish"?  Open to suggestions.  I hate Irish trad music, but I like medieval sounding stuff of classical.  None of which I can play either.

Even though I don't play anything like that, I still think that is a great clean tone from a crazy hi gain monster preamp.  I just wanted to show that it can have a nice clean sound and is not just a gain machine.  It pretty much covers clean, lo, medium and hi gain.  More clips on the way when I get a chance.

Perhaps Richard might like the clean tone?  Anyone like the clean sound?  Last time I bother with that shit  :dunno:  :lol:
« Last Edit: Time Format by rabidgerry »

kawai2g4b

« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

I have a rockmaster myself (in fact it's sitting in place of my MP1, which is in for repair). I tend to favor my les Paul-ish instruments with it. And you are right Rabidgerry, you have to keep the midrange strong on the ultra channels.  I tend to back off the highs a little on my brighter guitars as the highs tend to overshadow the rest of the tone on it. The cleans are great but a good brighter analog delay really completes the clean channel.

I use my Aria Pro lc-550 with it normally and can get a really brutal tone with the right EQ settings. 
ADA MP2 mod.>ADA TFX4 in loop>Peavey Classic 50/50
Pearce G2R with ADA TFX4 in loop.
ADA MB-1/B500B

Kawai F-I, F-III modified, FIIB bass
Kawai Aquarius AQ-500

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #6 on: Time Format »

I have a rockmaster myself (in fact it's sitting in place of my MP1, which is in for repair). I tend to favor my les Paul-ish instruments with it. And you are right Rabidgerry, you have to keep the midrange strong on the ultra channels.  I tend to back off the highs a little on my brighter guitars as the highs tend to overshadow the rest of the tone on it. The cleans are great but a good brighter analog delay really completes the clean channel.

I use my Aria Pro lc-550 with it normally and can get a really brutal tone with the right EQ settings.

Yeah I could hear a nice delay going on that clean channel and complimenting, but only if I was wanting a delay effect.  I still liked how it sounded off the bat though with a subtle bit of reverb like my clips.  I mean I hadn't done anything to that EQ, just bumped the presence up.  Also the speaker selection and mic position can factor in a lot, I just kept it the same as what I did the gain stuff at.  I personnaly would be very happy with that clean tone.

I've noticed some setups can sound too bright and yes you need to keep the edge control in check.  However I noticed with the setup and speaker I was using I was able to dial in a lot more than I ever had with the rockmaster.  I used to only ever have it at like 2.5ish.  I was up to 7 when I did those clips.

Soloist

« Reply #7 on: Time Format »

Your clean tone sounds great. Way better than the cleans I get out of my JMP1.
That clean riff would make and excellent intro, add some chorus and delay and your good to go! :thumb-up:
Live Rig:
Pre Effects -Boss NS 2-Boss GE 7-Radial Engineering Hot British-Ibanez TS9-MXR M108-Boss SD1
Mixing/Switching -Alesis Multimix8-Voodoo Lab GCP-Voodoo Lab Amp Selector- Radial Engineering Big Shot I/O v2
Power - ADA MT200-Mesa 50/50-Voodoo Lab ISO5 Pedal Power-Furman RP8-Livewire PC1100
Axes - Charvel So Cal Pro Mod-Jackson DK2MQ Pro-Jackson USA Soloist-Ibanez RG3XXV

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #8 on: Time Format »

May be I will :)  Chorus has to be my fav effect.  I pretty much use a subtle stereo chorus live for my entire set now.  Different degrees of it.

Will record some more later.  I should do a track up again using the rockmaster.

Soloist, have you come across any yet on ebay?

Soloist

« Reply #9 on: Time Format »

The 2 I found they want $250. Waiting for a better price.
Chorus I use almost always as well. If not chorus then a pitch shifter/detuner for a chorus effect.
Live Rig:

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #10 on: Time Format »

The 2 I found they want $250. Waiting for a better price.
Chorus I use almost always as well. If not chorus then a pitch shifter/detuner for a chorus effect.

No way!!!

Me n you.....we is the same...............

There is only one guitar in my band and personally having a stereo effect on the guitar the whole time makes it sound better in my opinion.   I have two main setting of chorus. One that makes a chorus sound, but subtle.  Then another that is purely for givin stereo width but doesn't sound too heavily chorus chorus if you know what I mean?

Usually I use a delay unit and delay one side but I'm operating on that unit at the moment trying to install a bypass.  I really must get that fixed  :dunno:

I also dabble with the harmonizer on my Boss, I don't care what anyone says, I like it.  It too can create that detuner effect that's pretty chorus esque.

Pages: [1]   Go Up