ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Temp "Time Format" issue Fix in Discussions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Steve Stevens  (Read 6237 times)

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook
Steve Stevens
« on: Time Format »

Despite being a mega metal head, I do like Billy Idol also!!  And Steve Steven's is a guitarist I've always appreciated.

I found this amazing run down of his rig and interview with Steve from a few years back and it's fascinating.  Not only do you need to be a mad scientist to keep up with all the stuff he has going on but when he plays parts of Billy Idols songs he really shows his skills.  The Rebel Yell into alone left me speechless! How the hell can he play that???????  He play's two different rhythm parts with his right hand!!!

https://www.premierguitar.com/articles/19538-rig-rundown---billy-idols-steve-stevens

"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

Soloist

• Take No Prisoners...Take No Sh!t
Re: Steve Stevens
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

I have always liked Steve Stevens. Excellent axe slinger! That rig run down I seen last year. Alot of fun toys in there. :headbanger:
Live Rig:
Fractal Audio FM3 ver 1.06
Boss GT 100 ver.2.11
Switching- Radial Engineering Big Shot I/O v2 - Radial Engineering Pro D2 Stereo Direct Box
Power - Live Wire Power Conditioning Distribution System
Monitors  - (2) FRFR-112 Headrush Stage monitors
Axes - Charvel So Cal Pro Mod-Jackson DK2MQ Pro-Jackson USA Soloist-Ibanez RG3XXV
ADA gear: MP1- MP2 - MT200
Studio gear- way too much to list.

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

He's one of my faves too  :thumb-up:

Funny thing; we play Rebel Yell in my cover band and it takes two of us to play that opening riff (it's also at the beginning of the solo and the end of the song). I am still trying to learn how to do it myself, but keep playing the bass notes in double time because of those high notes. It's amazing and maddening at the same time.

I recall he had a rack as tall as him (but he's short) back in the day, all kinds of whacky shit going on in that thing.

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

Yeah Steve is awesome and I'm glad someone has backed up that he plays that rebel yell riff with one hand!!  It does sound like to parts being played independently!  Hell I might try learn that now.

Both he and Billy are still kicking ass these days for sure!  Billy's voice as good as ever.  Glad to see them get back with each other from 1999 onwards, they are a twosome for sure!  I got the album "Devil's Playground" when it came out and I was blown away.  Thought it was awesome!

How Steve is utilizing those Solid state power amps I do not know!  He has the heads, so why SS power amps??

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50

Soloist

• Take No Prisoners...Take No Sh!t
« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

The SS heads are for his clean tones, the Friedmans are his dirty tone.
Live Rig:
Fractal Audio FM3 ver 1.06
Boss GT 100 ver.2.11
Switching- Radial Engineering Big Shot I/O v2 - Radial Engineering Pro D2 Stereo Direct Box
Power - Live Wire Power Conditioning Distribution System
Monitors  - (2) FRFR-112 Headrush Stage monitors
Axes - Charvel So Cal Pro Mod-Jackson DK2MQ Pro-Jackson USA Soloist-Ibanez RG3XXV
ADA gear: MP1- MP2 - MT200
Studio gear- way too much to list.

Kim

• Administrator
  • If it's too Loud...you're gonna get more of THAT.
« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

Whew!  I saw the Topic "Steve Stevens" and my heart fell because I thought it was going to be an announcement of his untimely passing.  So glad it wasn't!

Definitely an underrated guitarist for sure. Always loved his stuff.

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #6 on: Time Format »

The SS heads are for his clean tones, the Friedmans are his dirty tone.

:facepalm: Jesus why didn't I listen properly!  hahaha  He told me that in the video  :facepalm:

Thanks Soloist, hullva rig though

Whew!  I saw the Topic "Steve Stevens" and my heart fell because I thought it was going to be an announcement of his untimely passing.  So glad it wasn't!

Definitely an underrated guitarist for sure. Always loved his stuff.

You know I suspected people might think it was a bad news thread but this is "Rants and Raves", not "Obituaries" despite so many good guys having passed away over the last two years (all started with Lemmy passing for me in 2015).

Steve is a live and kickin ass with Billy.  Coming to the UK soon also, but I wont be able to go since he aint comin to Ireland  :(

Peter H. Boer

• 2* MB-1 1*MP-1 + Jur's old Mod4Mk2
    • The Granny Attic
« Reply #7 on: Time Format »

Very uinderrated guitarist IMHO.

I especially like his work with the Bozzio-Levin-Stevens trio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lImtP-3m-U
Nothing beats MB-1s and MP-1s with MDRTs

http://www.thegrannyattic.com
http://www.Illumion.net
http://www.sote.nl

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #8 on: Time Format »

Great guitar player, always enjoyed his work, Atomic Playboy (I think his first album after splitting with Billy  :dunno: ) I enjoy allot  :thumb-up: , great version of the Sweets "Action" (Every body wants a piece of the action...).
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Chip Roberts

• Anything worth doing is worth overdoing.
    • Chip Roberts Official
« Reply #9 on: Time Format »

Everybody here needs to check out the "Exposed" album he put out with Vince Neil.  If you thought his playing in Billy was good, the stuff he was laying down with Vince Neil is UNREAL.  One of my absolute favorite albums.
Rack of Death:
MP1 v2.01/Roland GP8/Boss NS50/ADA B200s

Pedalboard:
Boss TU2, Mooer Pitchbox, Boss BF2, Boss CE5, MXR EVH Phase 90, Behringer HB01 Wah/ART X15 Ultrafoot/

Cabinet:
Custom 2X12 with WGS Retro 30/HM75

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
« Reply #10 on: Time Format »

Very uinderrated guitarist IMHO.

I especially like his work with the Bozzio-Levin-Stevens trio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lImtP-3m-U
Thanks for bringing that up, Peter, I like that too  :thumb-up: :thumb-up:

MikeB

« Reply #11 on: Time Format »

Somehow I missed this thread when it first came up. I really enjoyed that interview. He seems like such a nice guy. Didn't detect any trace of ego. Great guitars, great rig,  fantastic guitarist. Thanks for posting that, Gerry.
I don't feel tardy!

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #12 on: Time Format »

Somehow I missed this thread when it first came up. I really enjoyed that interview. He seems like such a nice guy. Didn't detect any trace of ego. Great guitars, great rig,  fantastic guitarist. Thanks for posting that, Gerry.

Yeah I'm going to back what you say up Mike as I didn't mention it before, but what a f~~king nice guy and down to earth dude he seems right?  Like he totally seems like he'd gladly stand around have chat with you and a beer may be if you bumped into him.  Glad to post something of interest Mike  :thumb-up:

Samuraipanda

« Reply #13 on: Time Format »

Steve Rules and has been such a huge influence on me as I grew up playing flamenco guitar too.

The Exposed album has tremendous guitar work on it. around the same time he did an album with Mike Monroe of Hanoi Rocks under the band name Jerusalem Slim. Pure guitar madness. I bought the Japanese Import CD of it back in the 90's and seriously still listen to each a couple of times a month.
Pages: [1]   Go Up