ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need a Schematic? Check the Vault *MP-1 Classic Schematics Just Added!!

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Re: Digitech tech  (Read 13200 times)

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
Re: Digitech tech
« Reply #30 on: Time Format »

However,  I could stick the EQ and HUSH in the loop, then send MP1 Out A to the Mixer, then send MP1 Out B to the IPS, and then the IPS to the mixer.  Is that an option or have I over looked something here?
This would work but you would still have an issue in bypass as it will increase the MP1 B compared to the wet outs.  It shouldn't be giving you such a big difference though  :dunno: but I've never run mine like this.

You could just make a Y split lead to split the hush out to go to MP-1 return and IPS in.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook
« Reply #31 on: Time Format »

However,  I could stick the EQ and HUSH in the loop, then send MP1 Out A to the Mixer, then send MP1 Out B to the IPS, and then the IPS to the mixer.  Is that an option or have I over looked something here?
This would work but you would still have an issue in bypass as it will increase the MP1 B compared to the wet outs.  It shouldn't be giving you such a big difference though  :dunno: but I've never run mine like this.

You could just make a Y split lead to split the hush out to go to MP-1 return and IPS in.

Well it's enough difference that I need to turn down a few db on the output knob everytime I switch back to bypass mode.

If I set the mix knob %100 wet there is no difference between bypass and un-bypassed.

I generally run the mix control about 50% so I'm always having a difference between bypass and unbypassed and I have to constantly turn the output level up and down to suit which is annoying as hell.

BTW the difference is exactly same running the IPS exactly as the manual suggests (i.e having guitar running to input and a distortion device in the distortion loop) so the way I'm running it is not increasing the unbalanced output between bypass and mix signals.

If I was to do the loop idea I would need a stereo loop pedal (I only own a mono loop pedal  >:()
"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #32 on: Time Format »

Bummer you get the difference with 50% wet  :facepalm: ..  I always ran 100% wet so I'd never noticed the issue.  I still recon the Y lead option would work for you

So MP-1 send > eq > hush > Y lead > MP-1 return/IPS in > MP-1 A/B > mixer, IPS A/B > mixer

And then you don't need a loop pedal

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #33 on: Time Format »

Yeah Y lead would work ok.  The reason I suggested a loop pedal would be because that way I wouldn't even need a mixer, it would act as my bypass and I could set the mix as I wanted and match the true bypass signal volume using the IPS output knob.  I wish I had the skills to mod the unit with a true bypass.  The bypass on the unit sounds good but obviously the volume issue is the problem.

I never run it full wet as I'm trying to have the original signal mixed in.  Obviously using a mixer you can do that at the mixer and duck the wet signal in and out as needed.

I generally make my own cables, could I make my own Y cable I wonder?  Or buy a decent quality cable?

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50

MikeB

« Reply #34 on: Time Format »

Hey Gerry,
I made a couple of Y cables for when I  was using my ART SplitMix. The hardest part is getting the two cables into the jack housing. You will need to strip them back to bare bones to get them in there.  I used a fair bit of shrink wrap to seal them back up.  It was a bit of a hassle although I am happy with the result. I would consider buying one if I had to do it again. Assuming I could find the right quality and length.
Mine are more of an insert cable than a Y cable but the principal is the same.
Mike

I don't feel tardy!

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #35 on: Time Format »

Hey Gerry,
I made a couple of Y cables for when I  was using my ART SplitMix. The hardest part is getting the two cables into the jack housing. You will need to strip them back to bare bones to get them in there.  I used a fair bit of shrink wrap to seal them back up.  It was a bit of a hassle although I am happy with the result. I would consider buying one if I had to do it again. Assuming I could find the right quality and length.
Mine are more of an insert cable than a Y cable but the principal is the same.
Mike

Hey Mike thanks for the advise.  Been thinking about buying one actually but still holding to the idea of making one also.  I think I watched a video on how to make one before and I cannot for the life of me remember where I saw it.  I've searched online and nothing obvious is bringing it up.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #36 on: Time Format »

Easy to make one.  Use a guitar cable, cut it n half (so now you have 2 jack to bare end).  Twist the 2 actives together and the shields together and solder to a new jack.  As mike said, you need to have a decent amount of the inner cable and shield poking out so it can go into the rear of the jack as the jack will just have room for one cable

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #37 on: Time Format »

Ok I did not get a Y cable yet, but I hooked it up like so.

Guitar > Boost > MP1 > Rockman EQ > Roctron Hush > IPS IN > IPS OUT L             > Nobels Mini Mixer L         >
                                                                                   > IPS OUT R             > Nobels Mini Mixer R        >  Mini Mixer Stereo out
                                                                                   > IPS Unshifted Out   > Nobels Mini Mixer Centre >

When I sort out the Y cable I will then be able to forget about the unshifted output of the IPS and take my dry signal direct out of the hush, meaning I can turn on/off the IPS seperately if and when I need it.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up