• Welcome to ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear.

News:

Lets get Technical > All Things Tube All about preamp and power amp Tubes.

Main Menu

Moving presets around

Started by rickeb1, May 21, 2016, 01:28:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rickeb1

I'd like to reorganize my presets, so that they are in a different order (ex. move current preset #1 to be #3, etc.).  The only way I can see to do it is to edit a preset, change some/any parameter, than save it in a different location when prompted.  This seems tedious, and I don't want to change any parameters, just move them to a different location.  Is there an easier way to do this?

Samuraipanda

See page 28 of the user manual for copying to other slots.
You can download the manual from the MP2 page .

rickeb1

I totally missed that, thanks very much!  :)

Samuraipanda

:thumb-up: :thumb-up: :thumb-up:

rickeb1

Oops, I spoke too soon.  To copy presets, the manual says to start by pressing the ">" button twice, until the display shows, "COPY SINGLE PROGRAMS?".  But, this does not happen on my MP-2 when I press the ">" button.  No matter how many times I press it, I see the message, "USE BANK UP/DN, 0-9, etc.".  This is with version 1.41.  Maybe the process changed with the newer eprom?

Samuraipanda

I'll have to defer to the MP2 gurus on here for that. I just happened to have the manual open when I saw your post. I haven't done too much with mine yet. I'm sure Dante or Kim will have the answer for you.

MarshallJMP

The page 28 talks about copying single presets to user slots.I think you want to copy user to user right?

Kim

Quote from: rickeb1 on May 22, 2016, 04:13:17 PM
Oops, I spoke too soon.  To copy presets, the manual says to start by pressing the ">" button twice, until the display shows, "COPY SINGLE PROGRAMS?".  But, this does not happen on my MP-2 when I press the ">" button.  No matter how many times I press it, I see the message, "USE BANK UP/DN, 0-9, etc.". 

The unit needs to be in an Edit mode before starting the editing process.   :thumb-up: 

Dante

Thanks Kim, you beat me to it.

I have done this before, tried to edit the unit before it's in EDIT mode. Common mistake

rickeb1

Ah, got it.  I'll try it again tonight.  Thanks very much!