ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Lets get Technical > All Things Tube All about preamp and power amp Tubes.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: DIGITECH GSP 2101 !!!!  (Read 27787 times)

RandallRG

DIGITECH GSP 2101 !!!!
« on: Time Format »

Hey Dudes hows it going? Just thought I would show off what I just got..A Digitech GSP 2101 Preamp. In all honestly just like with our Killer MP-1's (It also comes with (2) 12AX7A Tubes) & every other piece of gear out there in this world...There are ALWAYS going to be the "Good & the Bad" reviews about them. Well after just messing with some of the "Stock" Pre-Sets for awhile (In my Honest opinion) I can say that this is ONE BAD ASS B-I-O-T-C-H!  :banana-trip: Some of the Pre-Sets are Killer for me bringing me right back to the 80's with some Awesome Delay/Reverb/Chorus Etc! Along with my MP-1 I can say that this for sure (For now anyway! LOL) this 2101 is a Keeper! Take it easy Dudes & LONG LIVE THE M-E-T-A-L!  :metal:...

« Last Edit: Time Format by RandallRG »

RobbHell

Not only are they Bad Ass Mutha Fucka's they are Brutal as all Hell!!. Jack Owen of Cannibal Corpse and Decide.Swears by them to this day. I've seen Spawn of Possession,Decrepit Birth and Severed Savior rip the f*ck out of these units prior to switch to Engl Special Edition Midi heads or preamps. Plus the fact ypu can arrange effects in any way and stack Eq's . Probably one of the configureable preamps ever made.

RandallRG

Hey Robb yeah Dude I hear ya! I already "Tweaked" & Re-Named one of my favorite pre-set's on it Dude. This 2101 is S-I-C-K! :metal:

RobbHell

Re: DIGITECH GSP 2101 !!!!
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

Very Sick. Jack Owen has never parted with his. It was actually given to him by a Cannibal Fan who approached him after a show and told him he made the sickest Cannibal Corpse sound and Gave Jack the Rack and hes used it ever since. It has some very brutal Grindcore settings too. If you haven't heard Spawn of Possession,Decrepit Birth or Severed Savior check them out. Decrepit will.be performing on the Summer Slaughter tour this year.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

Hey Steve, you got a schematic or manual for it so I can check it out ?
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

RobbHell

« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

If I recall correctly they can be updated with and extra memory chip if that hasnt been  updated. If you find schematic please we'll help you clean it up.

RandallRG

« Reply #6 on: Time Format »

Very Sick. Jack Owen has never parted with his. It was actually given to him by a Cannibal Fan who approached him after a show and told him he made the sickest Cannibal Corpse sound and Gave Jack the Rack and hes used it ever since. It has some very brutal Grindcore settings too. If you haven't heard Spawn of Possession,Decrepit Birth or Severed Savior check them out. Decrepit will.be performing on the Summer Slaughter tour this year.
Awesome thanks for some KILLER info Robb! I will tell you this much Brother (& I can't believe I am saying this) but it has that MAJOR & B-R-U-T-A-L (Killer Compressed) very "Tight" Metal Sound/Tone that I LOVE & have been looking for that unfortunately I still can't get out of my "Recto/Soldano" modded MP-1. I have been jamming more on the 2101 than my MP-1? :dunno: :metal:

RandallRG

« Reply #7 on: Time Format »

Hey Steve, you got a schematic or manual for it so I can check it out ?
Rich hey Buddy how ya doing? Hope all is well. I don't have a Schematic but here's the link to the Manual...It's like 110 pages long Dude!!! (LOL!!) ftp://ftp.digitech.com/pub/PDFs/discontinued/Manuals/GSP2101manual.pdf

RandallRG

« Reply #8 on: Time Format »

If I recall correctly they can be updated with and extra memory chip if that hasnt been  updated. If you find schematic please we'll help you clean it up.
Yeah Robb you remembered correctly Dude. You can up grade with this PPC 210 Upgrade a bit pricy for sure. The Dude that has them is over in Germany!  ;D.....http://www.ebay.com/itm/Digitech-PPC-210-Upgrade-Card-Module-NEW-for-GSP2101-Artist-LE-PPC210-CHIP-/331229013506?pt=Guitar_Accessories&hash=item4d1ec9a602

RandallRG

« Reply #9 on: Time Format »

Well it's official (& I really can't believe that I am saying this) but after doing some serious Tone/Sound Searching for awhile I have FINALLY found my KILLER/BRUTAL MAJOR M-E-T-A-L Tone/Sound that I have been looking for!! :metal: I am Sorry to say that it's not with my "Recto/Soldano" MP-1 but with my newly aquired 2101. Don't get me wrong I am still a Major Die Hard MP-1 Fan/User but I will HONESTLY say w/o a doubt that this 2101 is absolutely ***f**king BRUTAL DUDES*** Not only are there over 200 "Pre-Sets" of basically ANYTHING & EVERYTHING that you could ever want or ask for (at least for me it is!) but if your into the M-E-T-A-L like me you will absolutely dig this piece of gear instantly!!! The FX on this 2101 are KILLER  :banana-trip: Now of course this is just my personal opinion & may be completely different from yours but if you get a chance to try one out all I can say is......GO-FOR-IT!!!! \m/

RobbHell

« Reply #10 on: Time Format »

Its not an opinion it's mostly fact lol. Like I said I was playing and witnessing bass asses shred the shit out of 2101 honestly the Best Players in the Death Metal scene. I've never heard a 2101 that didn't get a Brutal Pit or Wall of Death going. The artists I named used these for Years! Before getting endorsed by Engl. Digitech f*cked up by not carrying on that unit. Dude sounds like we have similar tastes. Ill try and get my Brutal Mod sounds clips posted you might like that more than the Recto/Soldano Mod and honestly I hate that name and Description because the Mod sounds like Neither amps lol. If you own a Mesa or Soldano like me you know exactly what I mean.

RandallRG

« Reply #11 on: Time Format »

"Its not an opinion it's mostly fact lol." That's funny as Shit Robb!  :lol: Yeah Dude I have a feeling that our Tastes are very much in the same Ballpark! I have been a M-E-T-A-L HEAD since Birth!!  :metal: Over 40 years ago...Damn I am getting Old Dude! (LOL) Sure when you can that would be Awesome to hear some of your "Brutal Mod" Sound clips. When I got my MP-1 a few months ago it was 20+ years since I had used one (I never got the chance to actually own one till a few months ago) & I kept trying to get that "Tight/Compressed" Brutal Metal Sound/Tone that I was looking for but could not find it with my MP-1. Now don't get me wrong they produce some Killer Sound/Tone Etc & I still think that it's a Killer piece of gear for sure. The 2101 just kind of blew me away that it had EXACTLY what I was looking for in the Metal department without any major "Tweaking" at all. \m/ 

RobbHell

« Reply #12 on: Time Format »

Yea when Spawn of Possession hit the stage. My mouth dropped in utter shock of the brutality. 2101 is always on my wish list. The 2101 even came in different bad ass colors i've seen a few that were Purplish Chrome not anodized metal.

Yea stock MP1's by itself is as Butt Rock as it getting. Thank the Universe tgat there were Ada Depot Mods and now my own. Cause now my Ada's are in in full Brutality is Law mode lol (Severed Savior quote). The last bay area thrashers I.saw.use ADA  was OSMIUM. They were f*ckin bad ass. He rocked an MP1 and.B200S.

Soloist

• Take No Prisoners...Take No Sh!t
« Reply #13 on: Time Format »

Time to resurrect this thread!
I picked one of these up over the weekend and all I can say is HOLY SHIT! :whoohoo!:
I have the latest firmware upgrade on the way but the PPC-210 is out of stock for the next 8 weeks. :facepalm:
This will replace my Voodu Valve and maybe my Piranha.
I have never been a big fan of "modelers" but this thing is in a class by itself!
Live Rig:
Fractal Audio FM3 ver 1.06
Boss GT 100 ver.2.11
Switching- Radial Engineering Big Shot I/O v2 - Radial Engineering Pro D2 Stereo Direct Box
Power - Live Wire Power Conditioning Distribution System
Monitors  - (2) FRFR-112 Headrush Stage monitors
Axes - Charvel So Cal Pro Mod-Jackson DK2MQ Pro-Jackson USA Soloist-Ibanez RG3XXV
ADA gear: MP1- MP2 - MT200
Studio gear- way too much to list.

DorsetRatt

« Reply #14 on: Time Format »

Nice score Soloist :thumb-up:

Would this be Digitech equivalent of the Rocktron Prophesy?
Preamps: MP-1, MP-1 Classic, MP-2, Soldano SP-77, Piranha
Guitars: Sutch Siran Headless, Palm Bay Tidalwave, ESP M-1, Gibson Flying V

Several Species of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving with a Pict
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up