ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need a Schematic? Check the Vault *MP-1 Classic Schematics Just Added!!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Member  (Read 3042 times)

Casey_Butt

« on: Time Format »

I've been scanning ADA Depot for years, but only recently got an MP-1.  Before that I was engrossed in modding MicroCabs, and got the original schematics from the old site... thanks!

I'm an electrical engineer (PhD) and have been playing guitar since the mid-'80s... so it's only natural that I break out the soldering iron sometimes. ;)  I'm not intending to do much to the MP-1 though... I like it the way it is.  I'll probably re-cap it and do some things to lower noise, but I don't have any tone modifications in mind.  I have other gear, so I don't need the MP-1 to cover territory other than be an original MP-1.

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
Re: New Member
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Hey and welcome to the depot  :thumb-up:

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

Hey Casey, welcome to the depot, and thanks for your posts on cab sims BTW adds a very appreciated dimension to the discussions, a little measured rigor to a very subjective topic  :thumb-up: i.e. how does it sound (but why?..).
Cheers R
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Casey_Butt

« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

Well, the stock MicroCab is most of the way there on its own, but it's more 'generic' than matched to any one particular cab.  The modded version more closely emulates specific cabs that I tweaked it to match... and it doesn't sound as comb filter-y because the frequency notches aren't as deep (unless I turn the "Depth" knobs 'off').

I have both channels voiced differently, one to match a certain set of cabs and the other channel emulates a different group of cabs, so if you use it in stereo you get an effect like having a different cab in the L and R channels.  I have some clips recorded through it... I'll try to share them here somehow.

It sounds really good.  I've practically completely given up on miking cabs. ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up