ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need a Schematic? Check the Vault *MP-1 Classic Schematics Just Added!!

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: rack mixer for effects  (Read 15338 times)

Iperfungus

• Methodical killers do good jobs!
Re: rack mixer for effects
« Reply #30 on: Time Format »

:banana-dance:

my dream is too have a legit 80's guitar rig. need pretty lights flashing. hook some lights via midi so everytime i change a patch,  lights start flashing or activates a fog machine. i need 2 floor fans so when im soloing, my hair flies up. AND, only use 1 effect per MULTI FX processor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukmobha2krY

:headbanger:

question.

anyone know why the new marshall 1960 with g12t75 sounds really scooped compared to the old jcm 800 cabs? my older g12t75 don't have that scooped sound and these were from the early 90's. speaker break-in is one thing, but man, those new ones don't sound right to me. did celestion change the specs over the years?

Uhm....old JCM800 cabs had different speakers IIRC...V30? Or similar...not sure about the G12T-75 in those cabs...but those was not 300W cabs...

By the way, I had a 1960A, a 1922 and a 1936...all with G12T-75 speakers...and I remember they have that scooped tone since many years.
It is possible that something changed when they moved production to China, but I don't know for sure...

Now I've a Blackstar 2x12 open back cab with Celestion 70/80 speakers and they are more open sounding.
Different grit...like a V30 on steroids...
« Last Edit: Time Format by Iperfungus »
On the run again!

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #31 on: Time Format »

JCM800 cabs came in 4 different speaker configs, first they used the G12 65, then the G12M70 and the G12T75.The 1982 model cabs used G12H100 speakers.
And yes those G12T75 from the old cabs sound way different then the new ones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opyh-6hn9Hk

Iperfungus

• Methodical killers do good jobs!
« Reply #32 on: Time Format »

JCM800 cabs came in 4 different speaker configs, first they used the G12 65, then the G12M70 and the G12T75.The 1982 model cabs used G12H100 speakers.
And yes those G12T75 from the old cabs sound way different then the new ones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opyh-6hn9Hk

:bow: :bow: :bow:
On the run again!

Chamai

« Reply #33 on: Time Format »

i missed the deal on a g12t65 cab last year. i am regretting it since. never tried the g12t70. seems like the older 75's sound quite close to the 65's.

there is no perfect speaker. gotta keep trying different combinations. i like my jcm 900 mk3 with vintage 30's better than the g12t75's it came with it. my 800 sounds better with the 75's.

i need more unloaded cabs. but so little room.. cab makes a huge difference too.

my mesa is really focused and punchy. orange sounds bigger and boomier. a rule for me is always have castors on the cab. it gives it more clarity and gives me more control on the bass.
ADA MP1/JCM800-- Fulltone TERC/ Eventide Eclipse /Lexicon PCM 81/ TC G Major. Marshall 9005 stereo/ (2) Rocktron 1x12 cabs
Amps:
Marshall JCM 800 100w on Orange 2x12
Marshall JCM 900 MKiii 50W 2x12
Mesa Dual Rectifier 100w on Mesa Rectifier 2x12

Guitars:
2008 Gibson Les Paul standard
2012 Fender American standard Telecaster
1984 Krammer ZX30H

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #34 on: Time Format »

The castors decouple it from the floor so the bass is tighter.  If you ever trip over some Plessy 12U50s, these are "great" guitar speakers  :thumb-up: .  Lorantz (https://www.melbournemusiccentre.com.au/auxpage_lorantz/) now have the old Plessy (Rola)) factory and are doing great things, particularly using hemp (smokin') in the cone mix.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Chamai

« Reply #35 on: Time Format »

The castors decouple it from the floor so the bass is tighter.  If you ever trip over some Plessy 12U50s, these are "great" guitar speakers  :thumb-up: .  Lorantz (https://www.melbournemusiccentre.com.au/auxpage_lorantz/) now have the old Plessy (Rola)) factory and are doing great things, particularly using hemp (smokin') in the cone mix.

those speakers look interesting.

you know, it's hard to get the chance to try different speakers. if you think about. all amp companies really have are the 75's, v30, greenbacks. yea, mesa's got its own speaker, but that's pretty much it. it is expensive to go out and buy different speakers.
ADA MP1/JCM800-- Fulltone TERC/ Eventide Eclipse /Lexicon PCM 81/ TC G Major. Marshall 9005 stereo/ (2) Rocktron 1x12 cabs
Amps:

Guitars:
1984 Krammer ZX30H

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #36 on: Time Format »

Hey Chamai, their speakers do look interesting, I have an old open back 2 x 12" cab I was thinking to put a couple in and check them out.  As I said, I had a pair of Plessy 12U50s for many years and loved them, one still lives on in Mikes quadbox.  Yeah rolling speakers is allot more expensive than input tubes LoL...
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Chamai

« Reply #37 on: Time Format »

for sure,
i always feel you gotta at least run 2 speakers to get the best out of any speaker. i am always end up having to turn the bass a lot more if i am running 1 speaker. i am pretty happy with what have now.
Amps:

Guitars:
1984 Krammer ZX30H
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up