Non ADA Gear > Guitars

NPupsD!

<< < (2/8) > >>

Soloist:
I stand corrected  :thumb-up:

SC is the only other person (besides me) that I know of to use the PU backwards in the neck

Harley Hexxe:
I have the Air Norton in the neck position of both my MIK Showmaster guitars, but I have the slotted screws toward the neck for more warmth. I like that tone for soloing on the neck pup.

Soloist:
I have the D activator in the bridge with the Air Norton in the neck. Love the A.N. but might have to swap the D Activator for a Crunch Lab. The D/A is alright but that's the problem it's only alright.

rabidgerry:
@ SC
I put the megadrive in my guitar man, and I put the bar facing the neck and pole pieces facing the bridge.

Very happy!

Have to buy another one although they are hard to find as it's only a custom shop model now days.

So for what it's worth I recommend the Dimarzio Megadrive.

Shit loads of tone, notes stick to your fingers, loads of mids, sizzle hi's, all good in a very dark guitar!

Harley Hexxe:
If I had a dark sounding guitar, that would be helpful. In my case it's the opposite. The MIK guitars tend to be on the bright side and kind of thin sounding, so I lean more toward pickups that put more emphasis on the low mids and low end.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version