Non ADA Gear > Guitars

NPupsD!

<< < (8/8)

Chip Roberts:
For what it's worth, I use the Crunch Lab in my particle board Les Paul with 11-70 gauge strings in drop C and it's probably my favorite pickup out of all my guitars  :dunno:  I understand I'm an outlier.  Definitely a matter of preference; I've never tried a Dimarzio I didn't like, they're all great for different applications.

Systematic Chaos:

--- Quote from: Chip Roberts on August 21, 2017, 10:19:52 AM ---For what it's worth, I use the Crunch Lab in my particle board Les Paul with 11-70 gauge strings in drop C and it's probably my favorite pickup out of all my guitars :dunno:  I understand I'm an outlier.  Definitely a matter of preference; I've never tried a Dimarzio I didn't like, they're all great for different applications.

--- End quote ---
Absolutely

Kim:
Thanks for the comments!   I've since bought another Breed to replace the CrunchLab and made that swap this morning.  But first, I fired up the QuadTube and played around a bit with the CL still installed just to refresh myself on how that pickup played/acted/reacted with both a medium-gain setting and a somewhat higher-gain setting.  Made the mental notes I needed, and shut the amp off to start the swap.  I didn't remove or unlock the strings at all; just pulled the trem springs off so I could take the whole bridge off and carefully laid it aside and got busy. 

After I had the pickup changed I put the bridge back in and installed the trem springs, closed everything up, plugged in and fired it up to play some more.  (Still in perfect tune too after removing and reinstalling the bridge without removing or unlocking the strings!)   :thumb-up:

I absolutely made the right choice, IMO.   :whoohoo!: 

Kim:
Update:

Still loving the Breed and PAF Pro.   :thumb-up: 

But....this is the look I wanted for this particular guitar so I found new nickel covers from DiMarzio and added them! 

rnolan:
Very nice  :thumb-up:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version