Non ADA Gear > Guitars

Tremsetters, Black Boxes, Tremol-No´s, etc...

(1/10) > >>

rabidgerry:

--- Quote from: rnolan on June 24, 2015, 08:03:28 AM ---Hey RG, very nice  :thumb-up: I like the coolur too ! I have a FR Schaler on my tel which is exactly like that one (much shorter bridge string allen bolts). Re the 009's, just go 010's and re adjust the bridge, the 010 - 46 will give you bigger notes, and work well with that scale length (25 1/2") and don't go out of tune as much when you belt them  >:D . The other addition worth considering in a Hipshot tremsetter, had one in my Anderson for years, makes FR even better  :thumb-up:

--- End quote ---

I don't understand a trem setter?  I cannot do upward bends on this strat anyways because there is no cut away for the base plate, however I do no understand what a trem setter is for really, does it not prevent upward bends?  The only thing I understand about it is it keeps it stable should a string bring right?

Really don't think that's enough for me to buy one.

I dunno bout 9's man, they sound great on this axe.  I think they are 9's because I am able to bend about 5 frets or something and it's really easy.  It also seems to bring out a lot more expressive vibrato.  I probably will stick 10's on there hahaha I haven't changed in 15 years.

Dante:
Gerry -

I just bought a guitar recently that had 9s on it, and I felt like I could bend a hundred frets up....also, they kinda felt like thin rubber bands and lacked sustain. I'm sticking with the 10s

Sorry, i don't know enough about the tremsetter to enlighten you, I'm hoping Richard enlightens both of us at the same time  :banana-upsidedown:

rabidgerry:

--- Quote from: Dante on June 24, 2015, 04:18:38 PM ---Gerry -

I just bought a guitar recently that had 9s on it, and I felt like I could bend a hundred frets up....also, they kinda felt like thin rubber bands and lacked sustain. I'm sticking with the 10s

Sorry, i don't know enough about the tremsetter to enlighten you, I'm hoping Richard enlightens both of us at the same time  :banana-upsidedown:

--- End quote ---

Hey Inferno (Dantes - see what I did there  :)  :facepalm:  )

I'm not making this up, but this guitar sustains um how do I put it........................really well!!  I can't believe that because it's a strat, has a shitty small sustain block, and aobviously a bolt on neck.  I held a note with no vibrato for at least a few seconds.

Just in case I was may be drunk I'm going to check that out again because I was really surprised.  Really surprised.  It wasn't super long everywhere, like the last two frets where pretty standard I thought, but I'll check result again.  Was playing last night.  The stock pup handles gain well (another surprise), the single coild need to have gain dialed down to smooth them out also with the trebel knob rolled down a bit.

I think I'm falling in love with that guitar.  The question is now, how far do I "roid it up"?

How can I tell if the trem is worth keeping?  Normally the only thing I know to test if a trem is steel or not is with a magnet.  Any ideas about this one?  Shit licensed bridges I have come across never have saddles that are steel so magnet will not stick, but I'm pretty sure a magnet stuck to the saddles on that FR II.  I think I will swap the pickups out, I have a cheapo brand I want to test out.  Anyone heard of these guy? http://www.caliguitar.com/pickup/guitar_pickups.htm

I suspect if my research is correct, these may be Artec specially made for the brand in the states.  The quality build wise is second to none.  Sound wise I will just have to see.  I bought a model that only comes in black and I have recently been experimenting with air brushing to see if I can change the colour of the pickup bobbins to match the other single coils I bought (I want to keep the original colour scheme).  So far with some trial and error I have successfully air brushed the bobbins white in a fairly professional smooth and even paint finish.  I used acrylic enamle paint which will not affect tone since it contains no metal elements.  The paint is a little more "ice white" than the slightly warmer white plastic of the single coil pup covers but we will see how the match up.

rnolan:
Ok the hipshot tremsetter (http://store.hipshotproducts.com/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=115), brings your floating bridge back to central/neutral, resists pull up when you bend (which detunes other strings), and also helps eliminate bridge flutter. It does add a little more pressure required to your whammy bar action, but not that much. It just makes your floating trem really reliable.
I've had one in my Anderson from when they first came out, works a treat (see photos).

I can go from full whamy down (strings falling off the board) and let it go, back to perfect pitch every time, these things work really well  :thumb-up: Been using it for over 25 years! Highly recommend them for all floating whamys.

rabidgerry:

--- Quote from: rnolan on June 25, 2015, 04:56:06 AM ---Ok the hipshot tremsetter (http://store.hipshotproducts.com/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=115), brings your floating bridge back to central/neutral, resists pull up when you bend (which detunes other strings), and also helps eliminate bridge flutter. It does add a little more pressure required to your whammy bar action, but not that much. It just makes your floating trem really reliable.
I've had one in my Anderson from when they first came out, works a treat (see photos).

I can go from full whamy down (strings falling off the board) and let it go, back to perfect pitch every time, these things work really well  :thumb-up: Been using it for over 25 years! Highly recommend them for all floating whamys.

--- End quote ---

I hope this doesn't sound really dumb Richard, but isn't the whole point of a floyd rose locking trem is that when you whammy it does come back and return to pitch?  Why would one want one of these then?  I see the point of this if I had no locks and just had the plain old two pivot bridge.

Are pull ups possible?  Like when you bend the floyd rose to give an upward string bend?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version