Non ADA Gear > Guitars

What Guitar Polish/cleaner do you use ?

(1/4) > >>

rnolan:
Thought I'd start this topic just based on some recent experience. All I've ever used to clean the lacquered surfaces on my guitars is a little drop or two of lemon oil on a nice guitar cloth (I pick one corner). The lemon oil cleans any dirt/oil/dust really well and easily. I then just use a clean area of the cloth to wipe off and polish up. Worked well for me for years.
I noticed MikeBs LPC was nice and shiny, he uses the Gibson polish so I bought some to give it a try (I got the Gibson "bucket", 3 cloths, polish, finger board oil and metal parts cleaner). So tried the polish the other day on my Anderson (Nitrocellulose lacquer), hey, it's ok but I find the lemon oil works much better/faster/easier.

Though, no mater what you read elsewhere, DON'T use lemon oil on unfinished surfaces like rosewood/ebony whatever finger boards (fine for lacquered maple) as it has water in it which lifts/swells the grain and also leaves an annoying white residue.

Systematic Chaos:
- Oil-Soap, Birchwood/Casey Tru-Oil and Gunstock Wax for back of neck
- PRS Fretboard Conditioner for the fretboard
- Dr Duck's AxWax for body

DesmoBob:
Gibson polish. I used to use Pledge furniture polish until I got a nitro neck.

Most of the time my fretboards are "conditioned" with dead skin and finger funk. If I feel like cleaning them, I use a fingernail and tissue. Once every few years I use Fret Doctor on the rosewood fingerboards.

Dante:
Dunlop Formula 65 and an old T-shirt

On the neck: Dr. Stringfellow Lem-Oil

Soloist:
BodyGuard - Spray & Guard Maintenance

BodyGuard - Guitar Wax & Polish

Proline - Lemon Oil Fretboard Conditioner

Lint-free clean rag.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version