ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Lets get Technical > All Things Tube All about preamp and power amp Tubes.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Using Paypal with a blocked visa card?  (Read 4345 times)

vansinn

Due to unpleasant mechanisms (that are too complicated for this discussion), my visa card has been blocked, and will remain so for a while.

Now, a functional visa card is of course normally considered a requirement for trading on the web via paypal.
However, I need not buy anything, only sell.

Does anyone know if it's possible to sell on ebay, using paypal as the financial mechanism, when the visa card is blocked?

My line of thinking is that as long as I'm only selling, I will not be using my bank account to which the visa card is associated.
My bank account only comes into play when I want to transfer money back'n'forth between bank and paypal.
Or in other words, as long as I sell, money from a buyer of an item I have on sale will enter the paypal account, but won't move anywhere, as long as I make no attempts to transfer it.
I have the feeling that paypal will always require a valid visa card, no matter what; however, as stated, if the case is like this where no money will leave the paypal account.. :dunno:

I haven't yet asked paypal about this, partly because the aforementioned issue only just happened, and partly because I'm reluctant to ask if this might compromise my otherwise ok standing with them. Or, as in, not announcing problems might be called prudent planning..
« Last Edit: Time Format by vansinn »

MikeB

Re: Using Paypal with a blocked visa card?
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

I'll ask for you. So no connection to you. Just have to make breakfast first.
I don't feel tardy!

MikeB

« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

Mmmm. Mushrooms on toast!

Ok, so I have asked the question. Now we wait.
From what I have read on the help section, you only need the credit card if you are buying. On the face of it, it looks like if you have nothing linked then you just build up money in you PayPal account. Apparently they can pay you with an eCheque or something. I'll be able to give you more detail when they respond.
I don't feel tardy!

MikeB

« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

PayPal says:
"Good day to you and thank for sending us an email about your enquiry.

Don't worry, Michael. It's not necessary to link your card if you only wish to use your PayPal account in receiving payments.

When someone sends payment to you, the money will  always go first to your PayPal account balance. The funds will not go straight to any of the financial accounts registered to your PayPal account.

Thus, whether you have a bank account or a card linked, this will not affect your account in terms of receiving payments.
I hope that this address your enquiry.

We highly appreciate your time. Thank you for choosing PayPal."
I don't feel tardy!

vansinn

« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

Ah, many thanks, Mike; hadn't expected this level of helpdesk assistance;)

This is how I had expected it to work (though it could have been that paypal always would require a valid card behind it all..)
Nice! I can sell my stuff, and access the values at a later time once my current mishaps are done away with. 

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

You don't even have to use a Visa card here you can also use just your bank account.

MikeB

« Reply #6 on: Time Format »

Hey Van.   It was no trouble. I'm happy to help.   Happy selling.
I don't feel tardy!
Pages: [1]   Go Up