ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Temp "Time Format" issue Fix in Discussions

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Rockman XL100  (Read 61334 times)

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook
Re: Rockman XL100
« Reply #60 on: Time Format »

Hey Gerry,
The symbol which is a solid line with the dashed line underneath means DC which means your adpter isn't the right one for the job.
looking forward to hearing how it goes with AC.
Mike

I feel a little stupid but I'm going to stick up for myself by saying that adapter only said AC!!  Any adapter I have that is ac/dc, say's ac/dc on it!!!  Any adapter I have which is AC, only says AC on it.

What give it away for me was the polarity thing, that's something that's only on AC/DC right?

Shit I ripped that guy off then........................................ :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

thanks Mike for confirming that!!!  I did not know what the dashed line symbol meant, I was acting purely on the "AC" mention and lack of the "DC" mention!!

well Rockman is back in business with RabidGerry then............unless I f*cked it using the wrong f**king adapter!!! 

I have a 12v500ma AC only adapter at home, but I need to get an adapter to change the plug to fit the rockman.

This AC adapter was bought for my boss NS-50 and is the only thing I have that is AC only!!

@MJMP did you ever get an NS-50?  Its the half rack version of the Boss NS2.
"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #61 on: Time Format »

Well again good news for modern man  :thumb-up: I didn't know about the symbol either (go Mike !!), but as you say RG, with AC polarity shouldn't make a difference (except for absolute phase) so a good indication it's an AC adapter to DC... Hope that's your issue and you haven't accidentally fried it..
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #62 on: Time Format »

Well again good news for modern man  :thumb-up: I didn't know about the symbol either (go Mike !!), but as you say RG, with AC polarity shouldn't make a difference (except for absolute phase) so a good indication it's an AC adapter to DC... Hope that's your issue and you haven't accidentally fried it..

I shoulda twigged when I say the centre pin symbol but I was too busy looking for 12volts and the letters AC and the absence of the letters DC.  I suppose it's easy mistake to make.  Defo gonna pay the guy back who I bought it from........................well providing I haven't blew the f*ck out of it  :P

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #63 on: Time Format »

That's why i asked,you can get the same problem with a microcab if you use a DC adaptor.

Anyway here's some info  http://www.harmonycentral.com/articles/external-power-supply-essentials

Nope didn't fine one here on the second hand market.But if i do i buy it asap.

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #64 on: Time Format »

That's why i asked,you can get the same problem with a microcab if you use a DC adaptor.

Anyway here's some info  http://www.harmonycentral.com/articles/external-power-supply-essentials

Nope didn't fine one here on the second hand market.But if i do i buy it asap.

Ok it works but it's in serious need of switch cleaning me thinks.  Should sound clips of the "Sustainor" go here?

I noticed straight from the off it doesn't need a cab sim!!  Which is pretty good.  Very interesting sounding unit.

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #65 on: Time Format »

it sounds like this (plain clip on distortion setting pretty much maxed)

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #66 on: Time Format »

phase switch engaged

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #67 on: Time Format »

plain with chorus

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #68 on: Time Format »

phase engaged with chorus

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #69 on: Time Format »

Hey  RG, maybe make a new topic, I'm in Sydney for a few days for work, I'll move them when I get back home, and also then can have a listen, no studio monitors here LoL. Glad it's working now !!!  :thumb-up: :whoohoo!:

El Chiguete

« Reply #70 on: Time Format »

...Yes, I've got a nice Rockman setup - here it is:

Can you post a rear picture of your rack and explain what are the RMC units in the rights? Are the a power conditioner and distribution unit?
Before you see the light, you must die!!!

'87 Kramer Stagemaster Custom
'81 Kramer Pacer Standard
custom made Les Paul
ADA MP1
Rane MPE 28
Lexicon MPX-G2
Epiphone Valve Jr. moded!!!

AFFA
Support Your Local 81

GuitarBuilder

« Reply #71 on: Time Format »

A little tough to get behind there right now - I'd have to move a lot of weight!

The RMC head cabs have an AC distribution box on the right; 8 outlet in the top one, 12 in the bottom one.  There's no power conditioning.  They are authorized clones of the famous Rockman head cabs that Boston uses on stage.
ADA and Rockman Heads
Marshall amps
Strats and Les Pauls

El Chiguete

« Reply #72 on: Time Format »

Well next time you are up for some weight lifting or is time for spring cleaning remember to take the pics :)
Before you see the light, you must die!!!

'87 Kramer Stagemaster Custom
'81 Kramer Pacer Standard
custom made Les Paul
ADA MP1
Rane MPE 28
Lexicon MPX-G2
Epiphone Valve Jr. moded!!!

AFFA
Support Your Local 81

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #73 on: Time Format »

Ok, these are very old but RG was asking about this unit (I still have one). This track IIRC the guitars are all XL100. Recorded on a Tascam 688 (8 track cassette).

Hey Richard,

I just got to this thread and listened to all the clips here. Great demos man! :thumb-up: I love the melody structures and the vocals are a great fit with the music!
  Love it!

Harley 8)
I only have two brain cells left, ...and I'm saving them for the weekend!

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #74 on: Time Format »

Hey Harley, thanks  :wave: . Unfortunately we never got around to doing them properly with the band. My friend/colleague Neil Young (his real name BTW) wrote/sang most of the vocals, very talented man (who no longer plays at all  :facepalm: despite my nudging). He and I had a good working process for writing, typically I'd come up with the riffs/ideas etc and he always seemed to come up with great lyrics and melodies.

I wrote the 9th chord middle 8 (Continental Shelf) while he was overseas for a trip, it was one part of the song that was eluding us.  It's quite boppy in the version posted here, actually works much better slow and sparse (I still tinker with it from time to time).  You can also hear that the drums were done by guitarists LoL, Alesis drum machine.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up