ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Lets get Technical > All Things Tube All about preamp and power amp Tubes.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: What FX Are You Using  (Read 32733 times)

finstah

• Jurrie Rocks
Re: What FX Are You Using
« Reply #60 on: Time Format »

Here's my rack minus the decimator.

Pedalboard

Bogner Cubes

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #61 on: Time Format »

I only see the pedal?BTW that pedal board needs some paint,may i suggest ADA blue  :P

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
« Reply #62 on: Time Format »

:thumb-up:
I only see the pedal?BTW that pedal board needs some paint,may i suggest ADA blue  :P
:thumb-up: :thumb-up: :thumb-up:  ;D

tabascojunkie

« Reply #63 on: Time Format »

For right now, Rocktron Xpression in the loop for delay and reverb and all the usual in the loop effects. I normallykeep an MXR Phase 90, Dunlop 535Q, Analogman Tube Screamer, and OCD in front of the amp. And TC Electronic Polytune 2.

rickeb1

« Reply #64 on: Time Format »

I'm using a Digitech GSP1101.  Has some nice effects and is very transparent.  I originally got it because it allows an option of running an external preamp in its loop, so that you can create presets using the GSP internal preamp sims or an external preamp on a per-patch basis.  I've read of people having great results with this setup, but there are a few amps and preamps for which this does not work well.  Unfortunately, my 3TM is one of those :( .  So, I'm running the GSP in the loop of the 3TM... sort of.  It turns out that actually using the MP-1 loop send/return with the GSP sucks a lot of drive out of the amp, so instead I'm feeding the GSP input from the MP-1 output rather than from the loop send, and then sending the GSP output directly to my power amp (Peavey Classic 50/50).

~ Rick

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #65 on: Time Format »

The MP1 loop is tricky, and now 3TM there's lots more gain, if you balance the in/out of your GSP and get it right with the loop (serial, dual ganged pot, +ve increases input, decreases output, -ve the opposite).  The Mp1 loop is designed to be unity gain (e.g. 1v out (send), 1v in (rtn) etc.) but the device you plug into it has it's own gain structure (input/output and effects). So you have to balance it all, rule of thumb... the overall level shouldn't change with loop in or out so adjust the effect in/out on external device accordingly (start with ada loop send knob at 12 o'clock)
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

kfowler8

« Reply #66 on: Time Format »

I just bought an older G-Major. It's in good shape and seems to work well. I'm still learning it. I also picked up a BBE Sonic Maximizer 362 for $30 shipped. Waiting to receive that one still.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #67 on: Time Format »

There's a few posts about combining a G Mag so you incorporate it in parallel not serial (do a search, worth a read) my angle on it is keep your MP1/2 analougue all the wat to the amp/cabs, BBE some like them, I've never tried one or felt the need...  but basic principles, if it A/D's your signal (as does a G Maj BTW, the inputs are converted to digital (so there goes your analogue signal...)), mix it in in parallel, don't chain/serial through it.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up