ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Temp "Time Format" issue Fix in Discussions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Flashing LED and buttons unresponsive  (Read 3165 times)

mrguitar

Oh no! I was enjoying my new/old mp1 and played it for about 30 min today and now the interface seems "frozen" for lack of a better description.

I tweaked some of the midi channel setup, and then was tweaking the chorus settings on a patch. I didn't want to save anything so I tried to change presets and now the LED screen is flashing the patch number and none of the buttons seem to do anything. They still lightup during boot, but I cannot control anything on the unit. It still sounds great though, albeit I'm stuck on tube clean. Power cycling doesn't seem to help.

I ran a few searches on the forum and didn't find anything that described an easy fix. I tried to reload the factory settings and that's not even possible right now.

Anyone have any ideas?

I'll install the noise mod I just ordered in a week or so, and can swap out the tubes. Anything else I should look at? Cheers,

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
Re: Flashing LED and buttons unresponsive
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

try the edit button

mrguitar

« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

Interesting so Edit works *IF* it's the first button pressed. I can enter edit mode change anything, works perfectly. I can exit edit mode by pressing edit and/or store the preset. .....after that, no buttons works, including edit. I just reread the manual to make sure I'm not totally forgetting something totally obvious. ....If I am (wouldn't be the first time for user error) I can't figure it out.

MarshallJMP, does that tell you anything? ....man I hope I'm missing something obvious.

mrguitar

« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

My apologies, I just noticed there's a tech tips and support section. This thread should have been opened there. I'm still a noob, but I'll get it right next time. :)

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

Maybe try pressing the MIDI CHNL button  :dunno: , (since you were playing with it).  Pressing once should let you change the MIDI number, pressing again will save the receive chan number you selected (1-16, All (Omni) or Off) and take you back to play mode (maybe it's stuck there waiting ?).
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

mrguitar

« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

Thanks for the idea rnolan. Right before I saw this I tried removing the battery and reinstalling it (so glad I added a battery tray!), and now it's working as expected. I suspect you're right that I managed to get it stuck while screwing with the midi buttons.

It's crazy to think that it's been almost 20 years since this was my main rig. Wow, I got rusty on this unit. :) Super glad it's working right now.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #6 on: Time Format »

:whoohoo!: Glad it's working now  :thumb-up: , my next suggestion was going to be pull the EPROM and reinstall but the battery tray (I'd forgotten you'd done that mod  :facepalm: ) is a more elegant way to do the same/similar thing, if you'd had to desolder the battery then pulling out the EPROM and reinstalling it should/may have done similar  :dunno: , the other option would be (carefully) remove and reinstall the Z80 CPU chip.  I've done that in a MB1 and it causes a total reset and full diagnostic boot clear the decks as it were...Anyway great news.

mrguitar

« Reply #7 on: Time Format »

Thanks rnolan,

I'm sure those next level troubleshooting tips will come in handy. Thanks for passing that along. btw I see in your signature you're still rocking the midiverb 4. That was my fx processor whenI had my original MP-1 back in the day. I imagine it still holds up. There's a cheap TC G Major on craigslist that I've been eye balling. ....so tempting to get one, a little 3u case and midi controller. :) 

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #8 on: Time Format »

I've got the MV4 in my live rig but don't really use it, I still have my original Quadverb set with some mild stereo delay and reverb.  Been quite a while since I bothered with other Fx, in my studio rack I have a TC MOne XL, again just some mild delay and reverb.  When I put the MV4 in the rig I had intended to possibly run up some patches with it e.g. flange, bigger delays etc but never bothered  :facepalm: .  A G Major would be a good addition for you IMHO.  My mate MikeB has a GMaj2 and gets some great sounds from it and also some CC control.  He's coupled it all with a Behringer FCB 1010 midi pedal for the midi control, I use the ADA MXC with expression pedal and Quad switch which maps very nicely with my MP2(s).I'd go at least a 4RU case (well I'd kind of need min 6 RU, but my rack is 8RU and I have a small mixer velcroed to the bottom, but this includes poweramp (currently Carvin DCM 200L, 1 RU) (So MP2, Quadverb, MB1, MV4, DCM200L, mixer...)
Anyway, seems it's time to grow a rig  :thumb-up: >:D :headbanger: :whoohoo!:

mrguitar

« Reply #9 on: Time Format »

Well I hesitated on the g-major and it's gone. Oh well, last night I ran the MP-1 into my Kemper and it's pretty killer. I'm really just using the spkr cab and delay, plus the foot controller can send program changes to the MP-1. I may run with this for the time being. It's good stuff.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #10 on: Time Format »

Not to worry, there will be other Fx to pounce on.  It will be interesting to see what Behringer do with the GMaj2, I heard TC have sold it to them.
Pages: [1]   Go Up