ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Temp "Time Format" issue Fix in Discussions

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: MP1 Channel clips  (Read 16350 times)

monty

MP1 Channel clips
« on: Time Format »

Hey guys...here are a few snippets so far. These are direct into the ADA GCS3 cab simulator and sent out to a monitor.

https://instagram.com/p/2955-ITblu/?taken-by=monty_jay

https://instagram.com/p/294sPbzbj1/?taken-by=monty_jay

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
Re: MP1 Channel clips
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Hey monty, not bad  :thumb-up: and thanks for posting. Nice edge to the distorted patch and very MP1 sounding, maybe a little bit more raw ? if that makes sense.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

Well i also think it sounds more raw.

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

sounds pretty good.  That riff you keep playing over and over again sounds like someone having an epileptic fit lol

tone wise it sounds nice and dense.  I will be honest I didn't hear too much variation.  But I still liked it.

Heard more variation on the clean clips.
"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

El Chiguete

« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

To be honest Im not impress by the tone.
Before you see the light, you must die!!!

'87 Kramer Stagemaster Custom
'81 Kramer Pacer Standard
custom made Les Paul
ADA MP1
Rane MPE 28
Lexicon MPX-G2
Epiphone Valve Jr. moded!!!

AFFA
Support Your Local 81

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

I thought it  had some promise, not as good as MP1 (and no where near as good as MP2  mmmm), but depending what you want, it's certainly better than 90% of the stuff that's out there as a stomp box. IMO it would sound much better with some Mullard long plates.. And they are silly IMO  to ignore that, particularly specially selected low noise high gain tubes are one thing, but they all sound soooo different. Get on board guys.... hear the difference, it would probably sound almost reasonable with some Mullard long plates (but then that's what I like, and they do show up bad playing, so maybe a factor ??). Personally I think AD/A is going in the wrong direction, concentrating on stomp boxes and stuff for the old school plug into guitar amps.  But hey it's their company,  it's no secret I like MP1, and much much better MP2, good clean power amp stereo cabs, decent digital or analogue FX, floats my boat.. I was hoping for better, I'd like somethng new to replace my aging MP2's, seems that's not going to happen unless I do it myself.

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #6 on: Time Format »

I thought it  had some promise, not as good as MP1 (and no where near as good as MP2  mmmm), but depending what you want, it's certainly better than 90% of the stuff that's out there as a stomp box. IMO it would sound much better with some Mullard long plates.. And they are silly IMO  to ignore that, particularly specially selected low noise high gain tubes are one thing, but they all sound soooo different. Get on board guys.... hear the difference, it would probably sound almost reasonable with some Mullard long plates (but then that's what I like, and they do show up bad playing, so maybe a factor ??). Personally I think AD/A is going in the wrong direction, concentrating on stomp boxes and stuff for the old school plug into guitar amps.  But hey it's their company,  it's no secret I like MP1, and much much better MP2, good clean power amp stereo cabs, decent digital or analogue FX, floats my boat.. I was hoping for better, I'd like something new to replace my aging MP2's, seems that's not going to happen unless I do it myself.

who has to get on board what Richard?

The reason ADA are the direction they are going is because rack gear is not as popular anymore FACT.  I played with 3 bands in the last year out of say 100 bands over all the gigs I've played consisting of 3-4 bands on each bill.  Some of the bands didn't know what rack gear was  :dunno:

I bought an MP1 last year as you know and I showed it to a guy, fellow contemporary musician and he didn't know what the f*ck it was either!! He actually didn't know what it was for and there was me bragging I actually got an MP1 hahaha So that suggests to me that rack despite being used by 1000's of professionals still, is just not thrust in the public's faces anymore like it used to be.  It's a certain breed now who use rack stuff in my opinion.

The ADA Mp1 channel in my opinion is just another pedal with tubes in it of which there are a gazillion!! It's never gonna be a full rack mp1 is it?  Nope, it couldn't be.  But I'm sure it might get close on occasion or might sound decent sometimes.

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50

El Chiguete

« Reply #7 on: Time Format »

Yeha I understand that even tho racks are used by 1000s of professional players and a lot of players like is I think we are still 10%-20% of the market??? Well maybe thats not enough to make you and do new rack products but at least give us a midi capable preset pedal version of the MP-1!!! I think that would sell!

custom made Les Paul
ADA MP1
Rane MPE 28
Lexicon MPX-G2

AFFA
Support Your Local 81

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #8 on: Time Format »

Yeha I understand that even tho racks are used by 1000s of professional players and a lot of players like is I think we are still 10%-20% of the market??? Well maybe thats not enough to make you and do new rack products but at least give us a midi capable preset pedal version of the MP-1!!! I think that would sell!

I have the best idea......................................... :???:

A new rack MP unit  :whoohoo!:

Who knows why a company decides to only do pedals.  May be ADA being smallish feel that for them to do a rack might not be cost effective as they are only appealing to a small section of the market, albeit a section of the market that is always there but not big enough for them to want to concentrate their efforts solely and not economical enough for them to continue alongside stomp boxes.

I'm sure MP1 channel will be of use to a stomp box using type of guy.  Indeed someone with a similar set up to my own might prefer the pedal in FX loop to use freely when ever they want or use it as their main pre in the loop but I'll stick with the rack.................looks cooler anyways  :lol:

Systematic Chaos

• Administrator
  • Blood type: Becks Positive
« Reply #9 on: Time Format »

What keeps me thinking....: wasn't MP-1 meant to read Midi Preamp back in the day?!?!?
If so, the new stomp should have been named P-1 Channel cuz there's no Midi in the box.... :???:

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #10 on: Time Format »

Hey RG, by get on board, they have selected the usual low noise high gain tubes option, yeah good, but they all sound so different, anyone one who thinnks they are all the same has rocks in their head IMO.  From Monty's clip, it sounds ok, but could sound heaps better IMO with better (more interesting) tubes depending on the sound you want to make), and as you say there are other tube stomp boxes out there, so to set themselves appart, pick 12AX7s' that are interesting... anyway that was my thinking.... The ones they picked are a bit boring IMO but then we have done quite allot of tube rolling and comparisons here. So it's kind of like, with all this talk at your disposal (and it's not just our site), why would you use such boring plain  tubes ??? anyway that's how they sounded to me...

El Chiguete

« Reply #11 on: Time Format »

What keeps me thinking....: wasn't MP-1 meant to read Midi Preamp back in the day?!?!?
If so, the new stomp should have been named P-1 Channel cuz there's no Midi in the box.... :???:

Yep the new one should me called ADA P-1!

custom made Les Paul
ADA MP1
Rane MPE 28
Lexicon MPX-G2

AFFA
Support Your Local 81

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #12 on: Time Format »

Hey El, well not really, Monty said it isn't a preamp but you can use it as one, it's instrument level out (I think he said ??) so designed to go into a stomp box chain/board.
It would probably work well in some FX loops but probably not well with line level devices (although it has its own loop in which you "could" use a line level mono FX ? I think it copes with that ??) So maybe should be called ADA Stomp 1, or Distortion 1 ??

monty

« Reply #13 on: Time Format »

Lots of good info here guys and again, this isn't the last that you will see from ADA ;) So please keep that in mind. It is well known what is on everyone's wish lists.

The MP1 designation has more to do with referencing the tone and inspiration, not the direct correlation to the product. Yes, mp1 is midi preamp....but just like these days you have guys making a P-Bass or J-Bass...we know what its in reference too. It's not a jazz bass...but its referencing that realm. The MP1 channel references it being in relation to the original MP1 tube path.

Because it is seen in a pedal chassis, it can be a little confusing. Or maybe better said, underestimated. It's not a distortion pedal. Technically, no it isn't a preamp either but in most ways, it makes sense to think of it as one. Many will want to run it in front of their amp like you would a distortion or overdrive pedal. If that works for them, cool. If not, others will run it into the fx return or a dedicated powreamp, using the MP1C as a preamp. This is how I have been running my unit and it works very, very well.

As far as clips and videos go....its being worked on, lol. My current setup isn't ideal and while I could do some direct clips via the ADA GCS3, I am guessing most people won't really be interested in that and still want to hear the MP1C through a more conventional setup. If any of you can do some seriously good videos, please send me a few links and your info.

For now, here's a longer iPhone video clip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRa3EF52MN0

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #14 on: Time Format »

Hey Monty, sounds pretty good  :thumb-up: I can see/hear how it would fit in nicely with some setups, you could use it in the MP1 loop also (sort of 4TM LoL) or in front, also handy if you need to give a patch a quick bit of eq on the fly.

Have you read the posts re what we wanted in a MP3, some good ideas there.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up