ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need a Schematic? Check the Vault *MP-1 Classic Schematics Just Added!!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The cleanest? MP-2 Cleans  (Read 52 times)

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
The cleanest? MP-2 Cleans
« on: Time Format »

Here's an old video from 2016 or 2017, summer party and crawdad boil. This was just a couple years before my MP-2 died (and then was resurrected later). Check out the clean tones!

The MP-2 has the cleanest cleans of all the ADA preamps, I think.

Link if the video doesn't work: CLICK HERE

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
Re: The cleanest? MP-2 Cleans
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

That was fun! Sounded good too for a live recording.

So....where did you hide your rig Dante?  :lol:

Was that with the Crystal Clean voice? I think the cleans in the MP-2 have a lot more presence in a mix because of the EQ structure in the preamp, but you can get close to this with the MP-1 in SS Voice. It's harder to get this punchy of a clean tone with the Classic though. I'll bet I could do it with the right power amp coupled with the Classic.

P.S. That little girl with the Mr. Ed mask was cracking me up.
I only have two brain cells left, ...and I'm saving them for the weekend!

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

If you look at the wall behind us, you'll see two 1x12 Thiele cabs. That's my rig. The rack is next to the speaker on the left, the sun was coming out & I put some white paper (or a shirt) in front of the rack to keep it cool, later we moved an umbrella over there.

I have no idea what voice that was, coulda been spanky clean, crystal clean, I don't know....long time ago. Keyboards were a bit quiet and my guitar was a bit loud...not that I'm complainin  ;D

That kid with the horse mask stole the show, fo sho - we all laughed about that for a while

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #3 on: Today at 05:00 AM »

Yeah I was wondering as well, but now I see it (I had to pause it and go looking), you have the 1x 12"s spread very wide all up on the back wall (good idea!).  It sounded allot like crystal clean which I use mostly, but it did sound nice and "spanky", so maybe spanky clean  :dunno: .  I liked the guitar level, the keys could have been a bit louder (as you say), but the balance (of the guitar) with the bass (great bass BTW) and drums (also great) was fine, and nice and in your face, well it's that kind of song, and vox were clear.  Looks like a great party, which are my favourite things to play.  And your V sounded great  :whoohoo!: , not necessarily a guitar you would expect that sound from.  So what else is in the rack we can't see??  One side/channel drops out of the clip mix from time to time but when it's on, that's a pretty respectable recording of a backyard party IMHO :thumb-up: .  I see you (like me) like a sweat band on your right hand, I feel naked without it these days. Originally I started to do that because par 64s (lights, front wash) would bake me and make the pick slippery (even though the Tortex purples I use do absorb a bit of sweat). 

Edit, hey Dante, where did you derive the sound recorded on the clip? E.g. mic(s) in the crowd?, desk send? blend of both?  Just asking because the sound was quite good (I played the clip through my studio monitors).  Obviously it could have been even better if you did a totally separate mix to the camera but it was pretty dang good  :thumb-up: considering... (hence my question).
« Last Edit: Today at 06:00 AM by rnolan »
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #4 on: Today at 01:43 PM »

Dante,

Yes, I did notice the cabs on the wall and wondered if those were yours, I wasn't sure.

It did sound good though, certainly a good mix  :thumb-up:

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #5 on: Today at 02:35 PM »

That guy walking around the band during the whole song was our sound man, Brian. He's responsible for the great mix. We always used in-ear-monitors in that band, so it always sounded good in our heads regardless of what the FOH sounded like.

Pretty sure that video was recorded with a DSLR camera on a pole (we had a regular 'fan' come to a LOT of shows with that, gave us great ammo for getting more gigs).

I cannot play without a wristband, something about the feel of my sweaty arm on the top of the guitar. Once I started wearing one, I was hooked.

That Vee is an Epiphone '58 reissue Korina. I am very tempted to get another Epiphone Vee this year....why? They are coming out with a Purple Metallic! (and a blue metallic, and I think a red one too). They'll only be available through AMS and they are on my radar  :banana:

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #6 on: Today at 04:52 PM »

If that was recorded with the camera mic, then I need to find a camera like that!

That sounds awesome.
Pages: [1]   Go Up