ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Let us never forget our beloved founder - RIP Jurrie, we all miss you very much

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tube Clean Channel - Lets Compare Settings , How Clean is it ?  (Read 3419 times)

robertkoa

OK . When I read some guys on Forums talk about the  Tube Clean Channel they say it is not really clean.

But I  have not found this to be true -a good  thing.

With Medium Output Single coils (far from strings) I  am in " Sultans of Swing"  Tones at about  3.8  4.0

on the Tube Clean .

This is version 1.38  with noise mods but I am wondering if they did something else to get it this clean.

I still have a lot of Gain in the Distortion Tube Channel.

I'd like to get a backup Unit like this one -does this sound  like maybe someone did Cathode Follower Mod ?

Its the one with the switch  on top ....

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member

So switch on top is an earlier model MP1 (as was mine) so you can switch between inst level and line level on the outputs. (can be handy depending on your patching/poweramps etc). Inst level is designed to plug into normal guitar amp(s) input(s).
The PUs (SC) and their height will help cut down the guit output (quite a bit BTW) and thus not drive the input stage very hard, so nice and clean, compared to higher output PU(s) closer to the strings.  So how you have it set is like turning the guit vol knob down (not quite the same from a frequency response perspective but overall gain).  I suspect you'll loose a bit of bottom end having the PU so far from the strings (I do it with my middle PU to get it out of the way, but then use it in series to do a similar thing, gain cut).  Lucky you have the noise mod or this could be a bit noisy at higher gains.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

El Chiguete

I don't know who is complaining because I'm getting really clean sound out of my Clean Tube channel  :homer:
Before you see the light, you must die!!!

'87 Kramer Stagemaster Custom
'81 Kramer Pacer Standard
custom made Les Paul
ADA MP1
Rane MPE 28
Lexicon MPX-G2
Epiphone Valve Jr. moded!!!

AFFA
Support Your Local 81

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member

Go El, good to hear  :thumb-up: , it's all so subjective in the end, and there are lots of variables (Guitar, PUs, settings + [FX], tubes, amps, speakers, how you play!!) that produce different results/sounds.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

El Chiguete

For sure it affects the PUs, I tested a setting that on the neck position with a humbucker with a coil split for single coil sound it was completly clean but when I changed to the powerfull bridge humbucker it was a bit dirty... but I just had to lower the OD settings and I got it just as clean.

PS:
You can go down to OD2 0.0 on the Clean Tube channel too! So if someone is not getting a good clean sound for because of hot pickups try that!!!
Before you see the light, you must die!!!

'87 Kramer Stagemaster Custom
'81 Kramer Pacer Standard
custom made Les Paul
ADA MP1
Rane MPE 28
Lexicon MPX-G2
Epiphone Valve Jr. moded!!!

AFFA
Support Your Local 81
Pages: [1]   Go Up