ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need a Schematic? Check the Vault *MP-1 Classic Schematics Just Added!!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: first gig with my mp1  (Read 3649 times)

gb

first gig with my mp1
« on: Time Format »

LOVED IT!!!!!

I ran my intellifex in the loop as suggested by rnolan. Seemes to have less tone sucking than running it Daisy chained.

I ditched the replifex cause whwn in the loop it had this bad hum..horrible. .

Anyway I kept it all simple.. faaarrkk.. loved it. I only had 2 presets I used. One was for one song only.. but forgot to change it back fir the rest lol doesnt matter.. perfect for 80s covers. Worked out previously had too much mids.. I think my mids are 0 or 2 .. and its perfect..

Had a few issues whereby as a sustained note was ringing out it turned to horrible feedback. So I had to keep plucking.  Not sure if thats a volume or higain thing.. or standing too close to amp.

Got lots of compliments.

Between my mp1 and mp2.. leaning twards mp1 for sound but mp2 for features like stereo effects loop eq etx..

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
Re: first gig with my mp1
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Great to hear  :thumb-up: . The horrible feed back sounds like a combination of both high gain and standing to close, the MP2 noise gate helps (but not for MP1  :-[ ).  You can plug your MP1 a/b outs into the MP2 loop returns, unfortunately they're after the noise gate but tremolo, stereo vol (via midi pedal), room eq and cab sims outs are all available then.  I've tried this BTW and it works well, I did it for the stereo cab sims so MP1can plug direct to desk and studio monitors.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

gb

« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

Oh great idea.. I know the mp2 has a mp1 patch but just doesnt sound or respond the same way.

I will post in the non ada section about possible assistance with why my replifex is making that horrible hum in the effects loop

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

Just need to make a new MP2 clean patch with everything turned down to 0 and or put the gate on max (all eqs flat) so no noise comes through.  Turn loop on (obviously) and loop returns to full, then adjust room eq and output to suit, then you have MP1 in stereo at either the MP2 outs (for power amp > cabs) and/or MP2 cab sim outs (desk/recording/monitor send on stage). So live you could use your MXC pedal to control MP2 master vol and switch MP1 patches, run MP2 to your amp/cabs and run MP2 cab sims to stage box for FOH and Foldback.  If it were me mixing FOH I'd still mic the cabs so I can pick/blend which sound I wanted.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

Normally the hush should fix the feedback,that is if set it up correct.

gb

« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

Ahh I didnt setup anything up really just used a delay/reverb patch ... ill check that though
Pages: [1]   Go Up