ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Temp "Time Format" issue Fix in Discussions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thoughts on Fryette two/ninety/two with ADA MP-1  (Read 4787 times)

j_weeks

I owned an MP-1 years ago and used a Marshall 9200 with it, i ended up selling it. Lucky for me i recently found one locally with the MC-1 for $150 usd and picked it up. I forgot how badass these preamps are, they have a unique rawness that I've never been

able to get out of any other amp. Now I'm itching for a power amp. I remember the 9200 thinning out when i would crank up my rig. Do any of you guys have experience with the 2/90/2? whats your thoughts on it? I just want the rawest fattest tone possible.

I think Marc Diglio from XYZ had the best ADA tone, especially on their second album, Hungry.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member

My personal preference for MP1/2 are ADA B200s or the Carvin TS100, both are great amps cranked or otherwise.  After many years with a B200s (one channel needs resurrecting), I now have a Carvin TS100 and it's great  :thumb-up: but quite heavy (albeit half the weight of the ADA T100s).  Carvin also make a 1 RU 200w a side switched power supply amp that would also work well and is the smallest and lightest (both B200s and TS100 are 2 RU).
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

rickeb1

I've wanted a Carvin TS100 for awhile, but have not yet convinced myself that it will sound *that* much better than what I already have, so I haven't pulled the trigger on one (but I probably will some day).  :)

That said, I use a Peavey Classic 50/50 power amp (EL84) that I think sounds very good, has some useful features, and has been rock-solid.  Plus, they are usually very inexpensive!

j_weeks

Thanks for the replies! I really wanted a 2/90/2, but i decided to save myself some money and bit the bullet on an ADA B200s for $130. Lets hope this thing rocks!!! I'm excited to get my stereo rig up and running!  :metal:

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member

The B200s (if working normally and they are pretty rock solid) will sound great with the MP1, very transparent power amp with plenty of grunt  :thumb-up:

RobbHell

VHT/Fryette,Mesa,Engl, Soldano is theonly wayto go

gb

2902 + ada mp1 owner here.. u will not get the smile off your face

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member

Thanks for the replies! I really wanted a 2/90/2, but i decided to save myself some money and bit the bullet on an ADA B200s for $130. Lets hope this thing rocks!!! I'm excited to get my stereo rig up and running!  :metal:
It will sound great in stereo (much better than mono) and the B200s is a great amp,  :thumb-up:
Pages: [1]   Go Up