ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need a Schematic? Check the Vault *MP-1 Classic Schematics Just Added!!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Clicks when switching presets  (Read 4970 times)

sadky

Clicks when switching presets
« on: Time Format »

Hello, everybody! How to reduce / remove clicks when switching presets MP-1? What elements are responsible for the mute?

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
Re: Clicks when switching presets
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Good question, there are some gain change elements that will play their part (e.g. clean to high gain etc, can be a big dynamic change), also what EPROM version are you running, later versions improved the patch changes I think, definitely on the MP2
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Sparker

« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

Hi - please to try to describe clearly what the problem is you are having, e.g. what are the settings on your preamp for the patch change - both for patch A and patch B. Can you post a YouTube video showing the problem?
ADA Gear: MP-1 Tube Board

sadky

« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

Clicks when switching any presets - I switched from 24 to 16 in a consecutive. The volume on the amplifier - about 2 watts, mic - SM57. If you turn on Ada to 50-watt amplifier - because of clicks are moving the curtains :)
« Last Edit: Time Format by rnolan »

RobbHell

« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

Is your unit a 1.38 version?

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

Hey sadky, clicking on the link in your post takes me to a site in a language I don't understand/read and presents me with a logon page (and sent Firefox no script add on running hot (lots of cross site scripting on that page (3 or more temporarily trust this site))) so whatever you've attached it's a link to a website, not a .wma file and doesn't let me hear your problem.  I'm going to remove it (my day gig is IT Security Adviser) and this doesn't feel right.  If you want to upload a valid audio file, please do so we can hear your problem.
Meantime, when you turn the unit on it will display its firmware version (as SC asked for).  A worthwhile upgrade BTW the MP1 2.01 firmware EPROM (http://www.marshalljmpmodshop.net/miscellaneous_parts_and_replacement_tubes.htm) which may/or may not fix the popping problem (won't hurt anything though and will improve the MP1)
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Systematic Chaos

• Administrator
  • Blood type: Becks Positive
« Reply #6 on: Time Format »

Would be good to know more specific if the "click" happens when e.g. switching from a preset that uses S.S. to Tube Clean or Tube Clean to Tube Dist. ....
IIRC I had the same prob when switching from a clean'ish preset in Tube Clean to a hi-gain sound in Tube Dist...
S.S. to Tube Dist and vice versa however was no prob at all.....
Pages: [1]   Go Up