• Welcome to ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear.

News:

Lets get Technical > All Things Tube All about preamp and power amp Tubes.

Main Menu

NAD Peavey Classic 60/60

Started by Kim, February 15, 2017, 06:13:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harley Hexxe

Well....just to go with the flow here, I'm looking at a pair of Peavey Classic 50/50's for about $700.

They both have 6L6's in them now, but maybe I can convert them over to EL-34's.

Hmmmmm...tubes... :facepalm:
I only have two brain cells left, ...and I'm saving them for the weekend!

Kim

Are you sure about being 50/50 Classics?  The 60/60 Classics have the 6L6 tubes, while the 50/50s have EL84 tubes.....

MarshallJMP

Quote from: Kim on June 19, 2017, 10:05:53 AM
Are you sure about being 50/50 Classics?  The 60/60 Classics have the 6L6 tubes, while the 50/50s have EL84 tubes.....

Well I was thinking that too?

Harley Hexxe

They are 50/50's.  They look like they've been pampered too, pretty good shape, other than some mild rack rash.

The price seems a little steep for those when combined with shipping, but both supposedly have 6L6's in them.

The question remains, if they have 6L6's in them, can they be modified to take EL84's?

Harley Hexxe

Confirmed:

These have EL34's in them, and I just bought both of them. One for the Classic rig, and one for the MP-2 rig.

I think things are going to get a little noisy around here in about a week or so...  :lol:

rnolan

Go Harley  :whoohoo!: :thumb-up: :headbanger:
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Kim

:postpics:

Whenever you get them.   :)

Harley Hexxe

One is due here by Saturday, the other one by Monday.

I'm shopping around for a new phone now. Mine is so obsolete, even Samsung doesn't support it any more. I may be going with Verizon since Family Mobile seems to have taken a dive, so hopefully, I'll have a phone that can get some good clear pics, that I can transfer to my laptop.