ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note "Depot New Registrations Temporarily Suspended" Please see discussions for how to register.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: NPD!  (Read 11013 times)

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
Re: NPD!
« Reply #15 on: Time Format »

Or you could ditch the pedal and buy 4 extra guitars  8)

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #16 on: Time Format »

+1  :thumb-up: , make it real.. :whoohoo!:
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

vansinn

« Reply #17 on: Time Format »

Have a look at the Electro Harmonics PitchFork pedal. To my ears, it sounds quite good down to some 3-4 stops down and 1-1½ stops up.

Alas, one overall problem with most of such things is the tracking speed.
Changing pitch of course involves tracking, that is, deriving info on the frequency fed into it, and this part could use some improvement.

Else, get a Digitech TSR-24S (low price, much overlooked device) or an Eventide 7000 or higher ;)
EDITED: Forgot that doing fixed pitch change through a song is tricky, as the programmed pitch change of course will change when changing presets :facepalm:
« Last Edit: Time Format by vansinn »

Soloist

• Take No Prisoners...Take No Sh!t
« Reply #18 on: Time Format »

Ha..Ha the wife would love that! :nono: 4 more, I have 4 now(it's a shame they just don't understand)

Jackson Dinky Pro tuned standard
Ibanez RG tuned 1/2 step down
ESP tuned full step down
Jackson Soloist tuned 2 steps down
I was trying to not have to lug 4 axes around. Oh well, I was thinking of dumping off a few preamps for some others, I'll just add the pedal to list of gear to sell off.
but speaking of more, I did pick up a Mesa fifty/fifty stereo tube power amp today. Looks like the Carvin will be my back up.
Live Rig:
Fractal Audio FM3 ver 1.06
Boss GT 100 ver.2.11
Switching- Radial Engineering Big Shot I/O v2 - Radial Engineering Pro D2 Stereo Direct Box
Power - Live Wire Power Conditioning Distribution System
Monitors  - (2) FRFR-112 Headrush Stage monitors
Axes - Charvel So Cal Pro Mod-Jackson DK2MQ Pro-Jackson USA Soloist-Ibanez RG3XXV
ADA gear: MP1- MP2 - MT200
Studio gear- way too much to list.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #19 on: Time Format »

Interested to hear your reaction to the mesa 50/50 vs DCM200.  Similar journey to mine in some ways where I've gone from B200s to TS100, although that was coz the B200s was farting on one channel (which I've now fixed so time to build a new rig  >:D ). I suspect the mesa will go very well.

It is a shame they don't understand, particularly as you still need a tele, a strat, a LP, a SG, maybe an Anderson LoL. Oh and a V  :thumb-up:

Tracking is definitely part of the issue, my IPS33 smart shift has a distortion loop so it tracks from the direct guitar output then applies it to the distorted signal. But the processing involved with DSP to get it to sound really good is phenomenal. The eventides were very good IIRC.

Soloist

« Reply #20 on: Time Format »

I hooked up the Mesa today, fiddled with it for a couple hours.
First impression is I need to chage out the tubes in it. This yahoo has tired Groove Tubes in it...Yuck! I have 4 brand new matched Mesa STR-440 Reds sitting around, looks like they are going in tomorrow. So it's kinda hard to give it a proper review until I do that.
Secondly, this is going to sound strange but, with the Mesa the Drop pedal isn't as muddy :dunno:. The only reasoning I can figure out is because the Mesa has more upper mid sizzle to it. Actually all my patches are now lacking in low end. I have the presence on the Mesa at 2. Not a big deal, it's an easy fix. I had the bass set low on my Pro Q to keep the farting to a minimum with the carvin, now I can open it up! :metal:
Live Rig:
Boss GT 100 ver.2.11
Switching- Radial Engineering Big Shot I/O v2 - Radial Engineering Pro D2 Stereo Direct Box
Axes - Charvel So Cal Pro Mod-Jackson DK2MQ Pro-Jackson USA Soloist-Ibanez RG3XXV

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #21 on: Time Format »

Are you running the DCM200 with the eq enhance button in ? as I suspect that will boost the bottom and top end like a loudness control and could part of the reason for the muddiness.

Soloist

« Reply #22 on: Time Format »

No, enhanced eq is off.
Live Rig:
Boss GT 100 ver.2.11
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up