ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Let us never forget our beloved founder - RIP Jurrie, we all miss you very much

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lexicon LXP1/LXP5  (Read 2085 times)

Chip Roberts

• Anything worth doing is worth overdoing.
    • Chip Roberts Official
Lexicon LXP1/LXP5
« on: Time Format »

I have a half-rack space left and I have always been curious about these units.  Anyone have any experience with either the LXP1 or LXP5?  I've consulted the manuals for both to learn more about their functionality, but it was like reading the operations manual for a space shuttle.
Rack of Death:
MP1 v2.01/Roland GP8/Boss NS50/ADA B200s

Pedalboard:
Boss TU2, Mooer Pitchbox, Boss BF2, Boss CE5, MXR EVH Phase 90, Behringer HB01 Wah/ART X15 Ultrafoot/

Cabinet:
Custom 2X12 with WGS Retro 30/HM75

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
Re: Lexicon LXP1/LXP5
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

I had heard they are fairly complex units, IIRC MJMP has some experience with them  :dunno:
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

Mmmm no not really, I have a lexicon MPX1, not a LXP1  ;D

But from what I can see they don't "look" difficult, but I can be wrong  :facepalm:

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

These look like half-rack versions of the MPX-110.

I have one of those, and simple to set up and operate. It's also very limited in it's capabilities too.

It can only receive and broadcast on MIDI channel 1

Editing is no where near as in-depth as the MPX-1 or LXP-15. You are limited to the ranges of the knobs on the front panel.

There are a set of factory installed effects combinations that you can choose from with the front panel rotary selector. You cannot create custom combinations.

If those are considered the negatives, then the positives would be:

You do get Lexicon quality Reverbs, Chorus', and Delays.

These Harman-era Lexicon effects can be had at very affordable prices, as opposed the high end used Lexicon gear. I bought the MPX-110 for $45.00 USD.

Set up and use is as easy as stomp box effects, (which is what I consider these to be, in a rack case).

I hope that's helpful.

Harley 8)
I only have two brain cells left, ...and I'm saving them for the weekend!

Chip Roberts

• Chip Roberts Official
« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

These look like half-rack versions of the MPX-110.

I have one of those, and simple to set up and operate. It's also very limited in it's capabilities too.

It can only receive and broadcast on MIDI channel 1

Editing is no where near as in-depth as the MPX-1 or LXP-15. You are limited to the ranges of the knobs on the front panel.

There are a set of factory installed effects combinations that you can choose from with the front panel rotary selector. You cannot create custom combinations.

If those are considered the negatives, then the positives would be:

You do get Lexicon quality Reverbs, Chorus', and Delays.

These Harman-era Lexicon effects can be had at very affordable prices, as opposed the high end used Lexicon gear. I bought the MPX-110 for $45.00 USD.

Set up and use is as easy as stomp box effects, (which is what I consider these to be, in a rack case).

I hope that's helpful.

Harley 8)

It's very helpful.  I just picked up an LXP15 for free because it was broken.  Spent about $83 fixing it, so I already got a deal, but the damn thing is like operating a space shuttle.
Rack of Death:

Pedalboard:
Boss TU2, Mooer Pitchbox, Boss BF2, Boss CE5, MXR EVH Phase 90, Behringer HB01 Wah/ART X15 Ultrafoot/

Cabinet:

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

Hey Chip,

The LXP-15 is a powerful machine. You can use that in a lot of different ways
     I've used it in a PA and studio situations, and I've also used it in my MP-2 rack, and it is a great processor! I had mine upgraded to the LXP-15 II.
     I think I bought mine at a pawn shop for $200. Not a bad deal at the time.

Spend some time with the parameters and the editing, it's worth it :thumb-up:

Harley :thumb-up:

Chip Roberts

• Chip Roberts Official
« Reply #6 on: Time Format »

Have you ever tried to send it to MIDI clock via sequencer or DAW?  I've been working on that for a couple of weeks and it doesn't seem to recognize the project tempo.
Rack of Death:

Pedalboard:

Cabinet:

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #7 on: Time Format »

Have you ever tried to send it to MIDI clock via sequencer or DAW?  I've been working on that for a couple of weeks and it doesn't seem to recognize the project tempo.

No sir! I haven't tried doing anything like that, but I'll have to dig out the manual for the LXP-15 and see if I can help walk you through the issue. There's only about 4 places that manual could be, I just have to remember which one :facepalm:

Harley 8)
Pages: [1]   Go Up