ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Let us never forget our beloved founder - RIP Jurrie, we all miss you very much

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Does anyone on here have the user manual for the B200s?  (Read 9397 times)

j_weeks

Ive been searching, but haven't had any luck finding the users manual for the B200s. Do any of you guys on have a link or a PDF of the original??

Thanks!!

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member

I have a bunch of schematics etc (which I think are posted on the forum) but not the user manual in digital form although it will be pretty short, the B200s is not a complicated device i.e. delivers ~80 watts per/chan into 8 ohm load and ~124 watts per chan into 4 ohm loud, is matched perfectly with MP1/2, very transparent, lots of grunt, and not too heavy in your rack.  Is there something in particular you want to find out ??? (~ = approximately BTW)
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Sparker

Manual attached.
ADA Gear: MP-1 Tube Board

j_weeks

Sparker, thank you!! you're the man  :bow: @rnolan thanks for the response, I always get hung up on impedance. I know the B200s has 8ohm outputs. I plan to run my MP-1 and B200s in stereo. I have two Marshall 1960a cabs that i want to use. They can be used @16 ohm or 4ohm mono. Would i be best off plugging each output into the 16ohm side of each cab or the 4ohm side? Thanks!!

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net

You can use both,but it's best to use the 4 ohm,this way you will get 135W of output,with 16 ohm you will only get around 50-60W.

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento

This analogy works for me when it comes to amps into speaker cabs:

Ohms are like water in a hose. If you have a garden hose, you can plug it into a garden hose or a fire hose (something larger). You can NOT plug the garden hose into a drinking straw (something smaller). So, if we use the same logic here: If you have an amp that pushes 8 ohms, you can plug it into a cab that will handle 8 ohms (or 16 ohms = something larger).

It will not be good to plug your 8 ohm amp into a 2 ohm cab (which would be like the firehose into the drinking straw = something smaller).

Hopefully, that helps more than it hurts

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member

You can use both,but it's best to use the 4 ohm,this way you will get 135W of output,with 16 ohm you will only get around 50-60W.
+1  :thumb-up: , that's 135W per channel BTW (so 270W  :whoohoo!: ) into a 4 ohm load.
However, it's probaly worth comparing running the cabs @ 16 ohm, yes you''ll get less power (112W per chan (224W) @ 8ohms, probably 50-60W per chan (120W) at 16ohms (which is still good volume)). But 16ohm speakers are/can be more sensitive, anyway give it a try and let us know if it helps/hinders

j_weeks

Will do rnolan! Now its just the painful wait for the amp to get here  :o

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member

It will be worth the wait  :thumb-up:   But I understand your pain... :'(
Cheers Richard

j_weeks

Man no kidding this power amp can move some air! It sounds great! It puts off quite a bit of heat over the transformer, do I need to worry about it cooking my preamp?

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member

Hey j_weeks, cool rig BTW  :thumb-up: (could use some FX ?), no it should be fine, but yes the B200s gets quite warm on top, not just the power transformer, the output transistors heat sink to the top, and get quite warm.. I like a 1 RU gap (you don't have the real estate, but should be fine, that's how they designed them to be), And was it worth the wait  >:D ???
Pages: [1]   Go Up